collapse

Author Topic: Wifey mad at Kuiu  (Read 11954 times)

Offline 2MANY

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Wifey mad at Kuiu
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2017, 09:36:53 AM »
I could careless.
I don't buy new camo every year.
Over the years I have learned camo is really about getting in your wallet.
I'm glad you enjoy sponsoring this man's machine.
Perhaps you could just get on monthly auto pay?

Offline cbond3318

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: BHA
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:55 AM »
I could careless.
I don't buy new camo every year.
Over the years I have learned camo is really about getting in your wallet.
I'm glad you enjoy sponsoring this man's machine.
Perhaps you could just get on monthly auto pay?

:chuckle:
You know what they say, never crap in one hand and slap a gift horse in the mouth.

Offline Miles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2017, 10:22:36 AM »
I get a good laugh when I cross paths with someone decked out in KUIU.  This year during archery I ran into a guy and I'm pretty sure if KUIU had made toilet paper he would have had some in his pack.

Offline huntnfmly

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2017, 10:45:17 AM »
I get a good laugh when I cross paths with someone decked out in KUIU.  This year during archery I ran into a guy and I'm pretty sure if KUIU had made toilet paper he would have had some in his pack.
I was the same way seeing people decked out in sitka until I started looking into some of the stuff Sitka and kuiu had and realized how nice the kuiu was. I don't  laugh at those guys anymore. They were ahead  of the learning curve imo
I'm your dam tour guide arty...
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline 2MANY

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2017, 10:53:20 AM »
I was the same way seeing people decked out in sitka until I started looking into some of the stuff Sitka and kuiu had and realized how nice the kuiu was. I don't  laugh at those guys anymore. They were ahead  of the learning curve imo

Most of those guys are carrying a pack the size of Everest as well.
Perhaps they buy their Toilet Paper at Costco?

Offline 2MANY

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2017, 11:01:57 AM »

No toilet paper here.

Offline James

• Hunter
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »
I agree with some of the others that he could have phrased it better but two things:

-If he doesnít think there is a business case for womenís gear right now for his company, itís his business and his money and we donít get to tell him how to run it or what risks to take.

-Technical mountain gear that fits athletically built hunters is a very recent thing that I am quite thankful for.  Almost all of hunting stuff is designed to cater the other side of that coin, so I guess I donít really feel bad for the fat guys. You use to have the market catering to 100% of your needs now its 99%. I think you fat guys are going to be just fine.

Overall I have been pretty happy with the few items I have purchased from Kuiu.
You will never shoot a camp bull by spending all your time hunting in the woods.

Online jrebel

• Old Salt
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »
Quality clothing is as important as any other gear a hunter uses or carries.  This is irregardless of the type of hunting a person does.  If you are comfortable, warm and dry you are far more likely to enjoy your hunt.  Jason's comments are offensive to me as he appears to be an elitest that believes people that don't climb mountains to kill sheep in remote reaches of the world, are not worthy of his clothing.  I will stick to sitka at this point and support a company that supports all hunters and styles of hunting. 

Offline Dhoey07

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »

It was good meeting you too man.  Hope your season went well.

Offline M_ray

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2017, 11:27:24 AM »
I could care less what business plan he wants to follow. I have some Kuiu and lots of Sitka.  IMO if I am cooler when it's warm, dry and warm when it's cold and wet I enjoy the hunt more. I used to stay out all day in cotton and wool and there's no doubt it can be done. But why be uncomfortable if you don't have to? I didn't think I was missing anything until I tried it, all of these new lines of athletic fitting tech gear are better than the old stuff and if you haven't tried it you don't know what you are missing.
A few years back when I first tried it the only way I could explain it was ...

"Its so comfortable it's like hunting in PJ's"  :twocents:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:12:07 PM by M_ray »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Miles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »

:hello::chuckle:

Sure they probably make some good stuff, but I think some take it to the extreme.  Almost like more of a status thing for some IMO.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2017, 12:18:25 PM »
Just like Meryl Streep, say something off color, and then the rest of the world will talk about you for a week or two. Lots of publicity.  He probably has had more hits this week than ever.  He did his job.
My website.....DDK Photography
http://ddkphotography.pixels.com

Offline 2MANY

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2017, 12:48:14 PM »

:hello::chuckle:

Sure they probably make some good stuff, but I think some take it to the extreme.  Almost like more of a status thing for some IMO.

Look at the big brain on Miles!!!!!

Offline Taco280AI

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2017, 04:25:18 PM »
I know they charge a premium and the owner might be a bit brash, but I do like their pants. Very comfy and zero complaints about them. Their tops, don't like the fit, nothing special about them, but the camo blends in great out here. I never bought Sitka gear because of the price - not because I couldn't afford it, it just wasn't worth it to me. But buying Kuiu when it is on sale, the quality is good enough to justify it. Just hope they don't skimp on quality over time for more profit.

If I didn't have the orange on would you even see me?

Offline Swiftkid

• Parker Otto Ackley
  • Scout
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2017, 05:07:19 PM »
A lot of guys on here knocking KUIU, i'd be willing to bet they have never worn any of the gear or our upset they can't fit into it(fat).  I've been happy with the handful of purchases I've made and never paid full price for any of the gear. Pick some up and test it in the field, that's if you can fit into it.
Ruger brought back the .220, i just shoot it.

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »
A lot of guys on here knocking KUIU, i'd be willing to bet they have never worn any of the gear or our upset they can't fit into it(fat).  I've been happy with the handful of purchases I've made and never paid full price for any of the gear. Pick some up and test it in the field, that's if you can fit into it.

I've bought too much of it. Don't care for it or him.
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2017, 05:37:11 PM »
Hey Miles, swiftkid just called you fat.  :chuckle: @Miles
My website.....DDK Photography
http://ddkphotography.pixels.com

Offline Miles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2017, 05:42:49 PM »
Hey Miles, swiftkid just called you fat.  :chuckle: @Miles

:chuckle:. Isn't the internet great?

I'll keep wearing my fat clothes and notching tags, no worries.   ;)

I can say I won't miss driving by the KUIU office on a daily basis though... C'mon Colorado!

Offline ian_padron

• Hunter
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2017, 08:08:10 PM »
Though I don't necessarily agree with his way of thinking, I  like that he is who he is and he isn't real concerned about being PC. Far too much of that in this world.    I'm the kind of person that believes an honest question deserves an honest answer. If that's how he feels, then he should tell it how it is.   To some degree, I think his arrogant, elitist attitude is what makes his products  so good.   He's a hard-core guy, and his products are designed for hard-core guys.  He wants his stuff to be the best and will not compromise his standards.  He's a quality over quantity kind of guy and wants to maintain complete control of  everything associated with his product.  I have a lot of Sitka gear and a lot kuiu gear and find both to be excellent.  Sitka's  customer service and warranty are impeccable.  I have had a few issues with the zippers on their rain gear , and they have always went above and beyond to fix the problem for me.  I cannot yet evaluate kuiu in this regard, because none of their products have ever failed me.    It is not hard to see that Kuiu is designed by hardcore hunters That actually wear the stuff and design it accordingly.  The devil is in the details on good hunting gear and they don't miss much.

Could not agree more. He serves a niche market and does it damn well. For guys who push limits consistently in the backcountry...that mindset and attitude is pretty common. For people who are alienated by comments on fat guys, stand hunters, ladies, etc. OK don't buy their stuff, it wasn't made for you anyway haha. The only way to be truly successful in business is to niche down, and KUIU is the definition of that. I find his attitude refreshing and have never been anything but impressed with the products from KUIU.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:56:41 PM by ian_padron »

Offline Taco280AI

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »

I disagree with this. There have been plenty of things I didn't like from plenty of companies. Doesn't mean I don't have it, can't afford it, can't fit into it, and certainly not jealous of it. Some people just don't like it and that's okay.

As for the fat comment and the owner's comments about going SF... I've been around plenty of Seals and SF who wouldn't fit into the KUIU gear, and they're anything but fat.

Offline cbond3318

• Sourdough
  • Groups: BHA
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2017, 08:21:55 PM »
I'm just glad YETI still makes coolers for Beer Drinkers.
You know what they say, never crap in one hand and slap a gift horse in the mouth.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Off-Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »
I'm just glad YETI still makes coolers for Beer Drinkers.

You mean RTIC...........no real beer drinker can afford a YETI :chuckle:

Offline fishngamereaper

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2017, 08:33:21 PM »
I don't even own kuiu stuff. I just thinks it refreshing in today's world that he speaks his mind and knows his target sales group. But I'm sure some snow flake will be offended by his business model and sue him. The American way, if you don't like it their way sue to make it your way.

Offline huntnnw

• Old Salt
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2017, 10:04:44 PM »
By buying his product and proudly wearing his brand you are approving of the individual just like prancing around in a Hillary shirt.

What's wrong with supporting his product. He spoke his mind and maybe hurt some feelings. Who cares. Geez people are sensitive these days.

Yup..this thread and forum seems to have a bunch of crybabies that want participation trophies.

Offline JODakota

• BIGtuna
  • Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2017, 11:24:55 PM »

I disagree with this. There have been plenty of things I didn't like from plenty of companies. Doesn't mean I don't have it, can't afford it, can't fit into it, and certainly not jealous of it. Some people just don't like it and that's okay.

As for the fat comment and the owner's comments about going SF... I've been around plenty of Seals and SF who wouldn't fit into the KUIU gear, and they're anything but fat.

The hammer just met the nail. I know a lot of team guys, guys who take to the extreme more than most on this forum. Big SEAL's and little SEAL's. Ever see a team from Dam Neck??? They look like a NFL football team. No consistent size. I've met some chubby SEAL's who are absolute savages and could out run collegiate athletes. Body composition has absolutely nothing to do with how savage an individual is. The Kuiu owner is a complete *censored* if he believes that how you look is how hardcore you are.
Not for self, but for country