collapse

Author Topic: Wifey mad at Kuiu  (Read 25813 times)

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
Re: Wifey mad at Kuiu
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »
A lot of guys on here knocking KUIU, i'd be willing to bet they have never worn any of the gear or our upset they can't fit into it(fat).  I've been happy with the handful of purchases I've made and never paid full price for any of the gear. Pick some up and test it in the field, that's if you can fit into it.

I've bought too much of it. Don't care for it or him.
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2017, 05:37:11 PM »
Hey Miles, swiftkid just called you fat.  :chuckle: @Miles

Offline Miles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2017, 05:42:49 PM »
Hey Miles, swiftkid just called you fat.  :chuckle: @Miles

:chuckle:. Isn't the internet great?

I'll keep wearing my fat clothes and notching tags, no worries.   ;)

I can say I won't miss driving by the KUIU office on a daily basis though... C'mon Colorado!

Offline ian_padron

• Hunter
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2017, 08:08:10 PM »
Though I don't necessarily agree with his way of thinking, I  like that he is who he is and he isn't real concerned about being PC. Far too much of that in this world.    I'm the kind of person that believes an honest question deserves an honest answer. If that's how he feels, then he should tell it how it is.   To some degree, I think his arrogant, elitist attitude is what makes his products  so good.   He's a hard-core guy, and his products are designed for hard-core guys.  He wants his stuff to be the best and will not compromise his standards.  He's a quality over quantity kind of guy and wants to maintain complete control of  everything associated with his product.  I have a lot of Sitka gear and a lot kuiu gear and find both to be excellent.  Sitka's  customer service and warranty are impeccable.  I have had a few issues with the zippers on their rain gear , and they have always went above and beyond to fix the problem for me.  I cannot yet evaluate kuiu in this regard, because none of their products have ever failed me.    It is not hard to see that Kuiu is designed by hardcore hunters That actually wear the stuff and design it accordingly.  The devil is in the details on good hunting gear and they don't miss much.

Could not agree more. He serves a niche market and does it damn well. For guys who push limits consistently in the backcountry...that mindset and attitude is pretty common. For people who are alienated by comments on fat guys, stand hunters, ladies, etc. OK don't buy their stuff, it wasn't made for you anyway haha. The only way to be truly successful in business is to niche down, and KUIU is the definition of that. I find his attitude refreshing and have never been anything but impressed with the products from KUIU.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:56:41 PM by ian_padron »

Offline Taco280AI

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »
A lot of guys on here knocking KUIU, i'd be willing to bet they have never worn any of the gear or our upset they can't fit into it(fat).  I've been happy with the handful of purchases I've made and never paid full price for any of the gear. Pick some up and test it in the field, that's if you can fit into it.

I disagree with this. There have been plenty of things I didn't like from plenty of companies. Doesn't mean I don't have it, can't afford it, can't fit into it, and certainly not jealous of it. Some people just don't like it and that's okay.

As for the fat comment and the owner's comments about going SF... I've been around plenty of Seals and SF who wouldn't fit into the KUIU gear, and they're anything but fat.

Offline cbond3318

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: BHA
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2017, 08:21:55 PM »
I'm just glad YETI still makes coolers for Beer Drinkers.
“I don’t know man, he’s in a really nast.....” “

“Boom!”

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »
I'm just glad YETI still makes coolers for Beer Drinkers.

You mean RTIC...........no real beer drinker can afford a YETI :chuckle:

Offline fishngamereaper

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2017, 08:33:21 PM »
I don't even own kuiu stuff. I just thinks it refreshing in today's world that he speaks his mind and knows his target sales group. But I'm sure some snow flake will be offended by his business model and sue him. The American way, if you don't like it their way sue to make it your way.

Offline huntnnw

• Virtual Campfire
  • Old Salt
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2017, 10:04:44 PM »
By buying his product and proudly wearing his brand you are approving of the individual just like prancing around in a Hillary shirt.

What's wrong with supporting his product. He spoke his mind and maybe hurt some feelings. Who cares. Geez people are sensitive these days.

Yup..this thread and forum seems to have a bunch of crybabies that want participation trophies.

Offline JODakota

• BIGtuna
  • Sourdough
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2017, 11:24:55 PM »

I disagree with this. There have been plenty of things I didn't like from plenty of companies. Doesn't mean I don't have it, can't afford it, can't fit into it, and certainly not jealous of it. Some people just don't like it and that's okay.

As for the fat comment and the owner's comments about going SF... I've been around plenty of Seals and SF who wouldn't fit into the KUIU gear, and they're anything but fat.

The hammer just met the nail. I know a lot of team guys, guys who take to the extreme more than most on this forum. Big SEAL's and little SEAL's. Ever see a team from Dam Neck??? They look like a NFL football team. No consistent size. I've met some chubby SEAL's who are absolute savages and could out run collegiate athletes. Body composition has absolutely nothing to do with how savage an individual is. The Kuiu owner is a complete *censored* if he believes that how you look is how hardcore you are.
Not for self, but for country

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:54 PM »

He didn't say anything about being hardcore, or that his brand represents hardcore guys. He said he likes skinny guys to look good in his clothes, and to have other guys aspire to fit into the clothes. That's it.  Kuiu's marketing plan is to make skinny guys look good, and the rest you be envious of them. It's marketing 101, guys.  Like Armani suits or Versace.  Actually, much more like Versace than Armani. Kuiu is the Versace of hunting attire.  :chuckle:
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline JODakota

• BIGtuna
  • Sourdough
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »

He didn't say anything about being hardcore, or that his brand represents hardcore guys. He said he likes skinny guys to look good in his clothes, and to have other guys aspire to fit into the clothes. That's it.  Kuiu's marketing plan is to make skinny guys look good, and the rest you be envious of them. It's marketing 101, guys.  Like Armani suits or Versace.  Actually, much more like Versace than Armani. Kuiu is the Versace of hunting attire.  :chuckle:

It was forum guys who were talking about being hardcore back country types that i was referring to.
Not for self, but for country

Offline huntnnw

• Virtual Campfire
  • Old Salt
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
the guy he is referring to isn't some big dude who is in shape...its the trucker, beer gut lazy arse! Dan Evans wears his stuff and Dan is a big dude. Im far from the typical lean mountain type hunter, but I can hike the mountains and further than most are willing to. I wear XL size shirts in everything and even KUIU xl size fits perfect.

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:22 PM »
The forum guys that believe the type of camo you wear directly relates to how hardcore you are most likely are more serious gear junkies/consumers than hunters.  There is definitely an argument for using this stuff if you like it and can afford it, but in no way shape or form does buying Kuiu or any other specific brand make a guy hardcore.  Hardcore hunting while you're wearing it, or an old set of army surplus cammies, or just a red plaid wool shirt is what makes you hardcore.  If I wanted to know if a guy's hardcore, I'll check his mancave wall and/or freezer, not his closet.
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Miles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2017, 05:15:13 AM »
For the record I have no problem with the guy saying whatever he wants.  It's his company and I've always enjoyed people who say what they think and forget trying to be PC.  You can't please everyone and this thread shows that.

The one certain thing is this: There will be a new latest and greatest somewhere down the line.  For now he is enjoying his success.  However long that success lasts is up to him, his customers, and his competition.

I'm happy for you guys that like everything he makes.  You've found a system that works for you and that's what is important.  For me, I'll just stick to my regular "fat clothes" and keep on doing what I do..

* Recent Topics

WTS Ruger 10-22 Talo edition, stainless. Luepold 2x7x28 VX1 scoe. by Bowsnbulls
[Today at 05:08:40 PM]

When should you consider “all hope is lost?” by bobcat
[Today at 05:06:42 PM]

White River muzzleloader bull elk by Duckslayer89
[Today at 04:56:39 PM]

WTS Ruger no 1 heavy barrel 7mm Remington Mag. Has Tasco 3x9x40 scope. by Bowsnbulls
[Today at 04:33:11 PM]

WTS Winchester model 54 270 Winchester with Weaver 4x scope. by Bowsnbulls
[Today at 04:31:17 PM]

WTS Browning Lightning BLR 22-250, Leupold 3x9x40 scope. by Bowsnbulls
[Today at 04:28:32 PM]

WTS Winchester model 94 AE 7-30 Waters Burris Fulfield 2 2x7x40 scope with ammo. by Bowsnbulls
[Today at 04:26:53 PM]

WTS 1913 Springfield 30-06 A303. by Bowsnbulls
[Today at 04:20:44 PM]

WTS Winchester model 94 30 WCF 1917 Saddle Ring by Bowsnbulls
[Today at 04:17:22 PM]

WTS Marlin 1895 XLR stainless 45-70 with Zeiss 4x32 by Bowsnbulls
[Today at 03:57:58 PM]

Harvest stats by dreamunelk
[Today at 03:51:44 PM]

2016 buck back from the taxi by lamrith
[Today at 03:48:29 PM]

2017 ID Black Bear back from Taxi by lamrith