collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wifey mad at Kuiu  (Read 50132 times)

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Wifey mad at Kuiu
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2017, 05:17:10 AM »
What do your fat clothes consist of?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2017, 06:22:17 AM »
What do your fat clothes consist of?

Tank tops for the warm/dry days and trash bag ponchos for the wet ones. 

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2017, 06:54:34 AM »

He didn't say anything about being hardcore, or that his brand represents hardcore guys. He said he likes skinny guys to look good in his clothes, and to have other guys aspire to fit into the clothes. That's it.  Kuiu's marketing plan is to make skinny guys look good, and the rest you be envious of them. It's marketing 101, guys.  Like Armani suits or Versace.  Actually, much more like Versace than Armani. Kuiu is the Versace of hunting attire.  :chuckle:
See post #16

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2017, 07:34:11 AM »
You mean the post by Pathfinder that quotes another business principal (not Hairston) while not talking about marketing, but rather as saying they don't hire wusses to be a part of their corporate structure while talking about career paths for a promising young man? 
I don't see how that impacts Hairston's marketing of Kuiu as a boutique clothing line at at all, but rather how it can create an unessecary "brain drain" on a company by requiring every CSR to be special forces caliber.  I mean, if they're going to pay Haliburton contractor money to answer phones they should get a lot of great guys to pick from.

Edited to add:  I agree with Miles and others in that I'm glad Hairston said what he said, and how he said it. A refreshing breath of non-PC, non-corporate speak. The man is certain of his boutique clothing line marketing strategy, and I can respect that.  Bone is right that his stating the point as he did was intended to create this kind of buzz, and the fact that so many people are talking about it is proof it worked.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:42:13 AM by Skillet »
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »
If I wanted to know if a guy's hardcore, I'll check his mancave wall and/or freezer, not his closet.
That's funny Skillet

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »
I appreciate someone who says what he thinks and is honest about it. I don't have any of it, but they make a good product & conduct very savvy marketing. I'm surprised about how many people are but hurt about it.

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2017, 06:50:43 AM »
serious question here.
does your wife wear any lulu lemon?
owner of that company is the same if not worse.
he has basically been quoted saying his clothes aren't made for fat women, and he also claims that he made the name lulu lemon because he thought it would be funny to hear Japanese people try to pronounce all of the "L"s in the name.  no joke.
I'm not saying your wife is like this, but it is so funny to me how many times I have heard women/girls talking about boycotting brands, politicians, etc because of chauvinistic tendencies, all while wearing lulu lemon  :chuckle:

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2017, 09:43:26 AM »
I'm assuming you're asking me? I have never heard of that brand and I don't believe she does, but I could be wrong. The only thing she took offense to was him implying that women don't hunt as hard or can't be inspirational hunters or however the heck he worded it. But it didn't ruin her day or anything, this was more of a conversation starter than anything,  I'm surprised to see how fired up some have gotten, guess it worked! I'm sure we both will continue to buy Kuiu if it's lighter/more waterproof/better suited for our needs than the competition.

Online Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »
I'm assuming you're asking me? I have never heard of that brand and I don't believe she does, but I could be wrong. The only thing she took offense to was him implying that women don't hunt as hard or can't be inspirational hunters or however the heck he worded it. But it didn't ruin her day or anything, this was more of a conversation starter than anything,  I'm surprised to see how fired up some have gotten, guess it worked! I'm sure we both will continue to buy Kuiu if it's lighter/more waterproof/better suited for our needs than the competition.

For what it's worth, the guy PathfinderJR talked to never said anything about women not hunting as hard or not being "aspirational".  He just said that it didn't make economic sense for Kuiu to offer a line of clothing that are tailored to fit women.  He did mention something about a couple of companies that have tried that, and it was not profitable.  He never said anything about "fat guys" to us.  Maybe because I was sitting there... :chuckle: :chuckle:
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline JKEEN33

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2017, 10:17:47 AM »

For what it's worth, the guy PathfinderJR talked to never said anything about women not hunting as hard or not being "aspirational".  He just said that it didn't make economic sense for Kuiu to offer a line of clothing that are tailored to fit women.  He did mention something about a couple of companies that have tried that, and it was not profitable.  He never said anything about "fat guys" to us.  Maybe because I was sitting there... :chuckle: :chuckle:

Not economical currently, makes sense, but they may be missing out on a future opportunity. I use to run a youth archery program. I told the moms one night to feel free to grab a bow and shoot if they wanted. The next week all the moms came in with new bows and wanted to shoot. Just the last few years, I have seen a large number of woman getting into archery and it's a great thing. I tell everyone, that it's a sport that anyone can participate in. I'm sure woman's hunting cloths will be a growing market soon that these companies get into.

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
I'm assuming you're asking me? I have never heard of that brand and I don't believe she does, but I could be wrong.
I hope you're right...for your wallets sake  :chuckle:

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2017, 12:11:24 PM »
serious question here.
does your wife wear any lulu lemon?
owner of that company is the same if not worse.
he has basically been quoted saying his clothes aren't made for fat women, and he also claims that he made the name lulu lemon because he thought it would be funny to hear Japanese people try to pronounce all of the "L"s in the name.  no joke.
I'm not saying your wife is like this, but it is so funny to me how many times I have heard women/girls talking about boycotting brands, politicians, etc because of chauvinistic tendencies, all while wearing lulu lemon  :chuckle:

Kuiu and Lulu are not the only companies that do this, when was the last time you saw a fat chick in a nice pair of 7 for all mankind premium denim jeans?  :chuckle:  They are just the only two that don't have a problem saying so. Like I said earlier I don't have a problem with them saying it. I think with our latest President Elect in office you are going to see more of this and the snowflakes are just going to have to toughen up a little.  :hello:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline frazierw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »
would it be fair for a slimmer woman to be upset because she couldnt wear lane bryant? all brands arent for everyone.  no use in losing sleep over it.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:32 PM »
I have killed more deer wearing my stinky work clothes ,before or after work,or a old flannel shirt :dunno:
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2017, 01:50:25 PM »
I don't think anyone is upset about him not making clothes for one group or another.....I think they are just alil shocked he called fat guys and women uninsperational.....

I think he just did it to get another 15 minutes if fame.....seems he has to do something every 6  months to get attention....

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]