collapse

Author Topic: Open comment period for grizzly bear introduction  (Read 2020 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: WFW, WSTA, WSB, WPHA, FWM, NRA, SCI, RMEF, NAHC, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB
Re: Open comment period for grizzly bear introduction
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »
People in WA are already sharing the land with many predators, the predators are already moving back and forth on their own, there's certainly no need to waste taxpayer money transporting them from place to place to appease a few greenies!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://trophymaps.com "Do-It-Yourself" Hunting Maps" 
http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided, Semi-Guided, Unguided, and Drop Camp Hunts in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Washington. Hunts with tags available (no draw) spring bear, fall bear, buffalo, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, wolf!

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Wake me when you need me.
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2017, 03:37:40 PM »
The answer is NO! Why? Currently the frizz move up and down the valleys that take them back and forth to lightly inhabited areas of Canada.  If introduced other places "down the valley" will be places like Arlington, Sulton, and Sedro Woolley, perhaps North Bend, Carnation and Duvall.

The elk that were transplanted in the "Nooksack" don't seem to stay in the mountains they much prefer the farmers feild and peoples back yards... why would we think Bears would be any Different?

Just because we Can, doesn't mean we Should...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Truth is like Poetry, and most people hate Poetry

Offline Ironhead

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2017, 05:06:50 PM »
The answer is NO! Why? Currently the frizz move up and down the valleys that take them back and forth to lightly inhabited areas of Canada.  If introduced other places "down the valley" will be places like Arlington, Sulton, and Sedro Woolley, perhaps North Bend, Carnation and Duvall.

The elk that were transplanted in the "Nooksack" don't seem to stay in the mountains they much prefer the farmers feild and peoples back yards... why would we think Bears would be any Different?

Just because we Can, doesn't mean we Should...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Because I would like to know what is going to make up the other 15 to 25 percent of their diet. It doesn't seem like a good idea to introduce another predator if they don't have a current working model, why should we be the Guinea Pigs?
 I think they will likely move down to less populated areas with higher deer concentrations such as the Sinlahekin, Methow and Entiat Valleys.
This is just another shot in the Dark, like the original wolf introduction in Idaho. More BS being shoved down our throats.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline winshooter88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2017, 05:53:52 PM »
A friend of mine who works in wildlife management in this state, (not WDFW)  went through the grizzly bear recovery plan and it was his opinion that going to the meetings that they had around the state would have been a waste of time. he believes that they have already decided what they are going to do and just had the meetings so they could say they asked the public. It is kind of like WDFW saying they had broad public support because people want more opportunities to hunt and fish but most of the direct comments about the fee increases were negative. they chose to look at the data to show that a fee increase was supported when increased opportunity was supported not a fee increase. I have been to all kinds of meetings in the last few years in regards to wildlife and recreation and it is very common for the government entities to say the public wants something when they don't, and also to come into the public comment meetings already knowing wht they plan to do no matter what the public really says. IMHO

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: WFW, WSTA, WSB, WPHA, FWM, NRA, SCI, RMEF, NAHC, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »
A friend of mine who works in wildlife management in this state, (not WDFW)  went through the grizzly bear recovery plan and it was his opinion that going to the meetings that they had around the state would have been a waste of time. he believes that they have already decided what they are going to do and just had the meetings so they could say they asked the public. It is kind of like WDFW saying they had broad public support because people want more opportunities to hunt and fish but most of the direct comments about the fee increases were negative. they chose to look at the data to show that a fee increase was supported when increased opportunity was supported not a fee increase. I have been to all kinds of meetings in the last few years in regards to wildlife and recreation and it is very common for the government entities to say the public wants something when they don't, and also to come into the public comment meetings already knowing wht they plan to do no matter what the public really says. IMHO

I couldn't agree more... it's just a show to say they did the public meetings!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://trophymaps.com "Do-It-Yourself" Hunting Maps" 
http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided, Semi-Guided, Unguided, and Drop Camp Hunts in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Washington. Hunts with tags available (no draw) spring bear, fall bear, buffalo, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, wolf!

Offline jasnt

• Predator hunter
  • Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2017, 06:14:39 AM »
:yeah:
🐾

"... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll

* Recent Topics

outboard water pump by Mfowl
[Today at 10:29:49 PM]

Unfortunately by millerwheeler
[Today at 10:28:29 PM]

6.5 creedmoor for long range hunting? by Biggerhammer
[Today at 10:27:29 PM]

Regarding page 68 of the new regs.... by Eric M
[Today at 10:25:33 PM]

Here to help new Washington hunters by Watimberghost
[Today at 10:22:34 PM]