collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: King 5 upcoming bear hunting story  (Read 8539 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
King 5 upcoming bear hunting story
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:55:24 AM »
Saw this on Facebook. The poster there is not a member here and asked i share it here:

"Hey guys. The lady who wrote that cougar article for king5 is also working on an article about bear hunting and the use of dogs. She is offering any of us the ability to do an on air interview with privacy, our names won't be released so we don't get death threats from antis. If anyone on here has good solid evidence for our side let me know.

I'm pushing for the comparison between Washington and Idaho and how they can use dogs and bait for bear and cougar hunting and we can't, now we are having all sorts of issues that other states don't. Please hit me with info guys! This is MAINSTREAM! Our voice can be heard!"

"If anyone want to reach out, her email is amorrow@king5.com and she said anyone willing to interview is welcome. It doesn't have to be me"
[/b]

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Buckewe

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
Re: King 5 upcoming bear hunting story
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »
Sounds like a great opportunity to get our voice heard but i hope its not as one sided as the cougar story.
Blacktail lives matter

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 10:11:54 AM »
Bearpaw would be a good interview. Doublelung, also. Isn't Wacoyotehunter a biologist?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 10:17:14 AM »
Bearpaw would be a good interview. Doublelung, also. Isn't Wacoyotehunter a biologist?

Yes
Yes
Yes

@bearpaw

@WAcoyotehunter

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 10:26:39 AM »
I know it kind of sounds like a derail, but I've kind of thought that winning over the general Seattle crowd might be easier if you could show the end result.  I hear so often "what do you do with bear?", "isn't it real greasy?", "they just take the skins, right?" or "hunters don't eat bear or cougar".
Need to find one of those popular foodie personalities (Bourdain, Zimmer, etc.) that urbanites seem to really follow.  Have one of them do some really good and exotic bear and/or cougar dishes.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 10:29:58 AM »
I know it kind of sounds like a derail, but I've kind of thought that winning over the general Seattle crowd might be easier if you could show the end result.  I hear so often "what do you do with bear?", "isn't it real greasy?", "they just take the skins, right?" or "hunters don't eat bear or cougar".
Need to find one of those popular foodie personalities (Bourdain, Zimmer, etc.) that urbanites seem to really follow.  Have one of them do some really good and exotic bear and/or cougar dishes.

That's a good idea.  :tup:

Would have to have a stipulation that nothing goes to press with out approval of the interviewed person first, make sure she doesn't mis quote them.  :twocents:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline sumpnz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 10:45:36 AM »
Would have to have a stipulation that nothing goes to press with out approval of the interviewed person first, make sure she doesn't mis quote them.  :twocents:

Highly doubtful you'll ever get that from them.  The only way you can prevent that from happening is only do a live broadcast.  Another option would be to have someone on our side filming the entire interview so that if they do a hatchet job you can post the full video to refute them.  But live interviews are by far your best way to avoid problems.

Offline cbond3318

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 10:52:03 AM »

Highly doubtful you'll ever get that from them.  The only way you can prevent that from happening is only do a live broadcast.  Another option would be to have someone on our side filming the entire interview so that if they do a hatchet job you can post the full video to refute them.  But live interviews are by far your best way to avoid problems.

:yeah: sounds like a bad idea to me, especially now every Tom can send her an email with their feelings on the matter.
Just tend your own and live.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »
steven rinella  :twocents:
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 12:42:52 PM »

Offline Buckewe

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 12:45:28 PM »
He lives in shoreline
Blacktail lives matter

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 12:50:25 PM »
steven rinella  :twocents:
That is a brilliant idea. Anybody have him on facebook?
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 01:16:49 PM »
Another great option might be @ucwarden , he used to work for the department and could speak to the fact that the initiative to ban baiting and the use of dogs really hampered the departments ability to manage the wildlife.

One step further would be for Unsworth to make a statement.  He has experience in Idaho and Washington, so he could speak to both models of management.  Not sure that he would do it or if he would give the statement that would be in the best interest of hunters/game management or lean towards a more liberal view.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 02:57:20 PM »
We still use dogs and bait in Idaho, they are effective management tools. Who do you get in touch with for an interview?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]