Vaportrail
3 (9.1%)
60x
5 (15.2%)
Other
16 (48.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: February 03, 2017, 12:33:57 PM

Author Topic: Best string for a compound bow Poll  (Read 9794 times)

Offline Sneaky

• Savage
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Longhunter
Re: Best string for a compound bow Poll
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 11:16:22 AM »
instead of deciding on who to make it, I would do some research on the different materials. You can choose from 452x, Fury, 8190f, BCY-X, etc.

I use a Fury string because the material is very stable. Had bad luck with stock zebra strings in 452x as they stretched massively send my tune nock high.

Have purchased from JBK and Twisted X, both look great.

Online Jellymon

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »
instead of deciding on who to make it, I would do some research on the different materials. You can choose from 452x, Fury, 8190f, BCY-X, etc.

I use a Fury string because the material is very stable. Had bad luck with stock zebra strings in 452x as they stretched massively send my tune nock high.

I think that has more to do with the crap zebra strings then the 452x itself. There is a reason most pro shooters still use 452x even with these new materials out now. It's still the most stable material on the market. All materials require the be prestretched for a certain amount of time and mass produced strings, like zebra, rarely do it correctly. A string maker who correctly prepares the material with tight servings and attention to detail will make a great stable string whether it's 452x, fury, or BCY-x.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 06:13:55 PM »

I think that has more to do with the crap zebra strings then the 452x itself. There is a reason most pro shooters still use 452x even with these new materials out now. It's still the most stable material on the market. All materials require the be prestretched for a certain amount of time and mass produced strings, like zebra, rarely do it correctly. A string maker who correctly prepares the material with tight servings and attention to detail will make a great stable string whether it's 452x, fury, or BCY-x.
:yeah:
And to add to that you will have less chance of peep rotation issues if you choose a solid color for the string. always single color 452 x for me.  :twocents:

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »
db bow strings / rock creek archery ,

Got a bow in there right now getting strung up and tuned

Offline Roperfive88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 02:22:13 PM »
Leaning towards the bcy x material

Offline Sneaky

• Savage
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »

Agreed on the zebra strings being garbage! Boggles my mind why a company would sell a thousand dollar bow with such poor quality threads.

As for 452x being the best or most stable material on the market, maybe I just haven't experienced a great set made by someone who knew what they were doing. My only experiences have been with Zebra, Octane, and Winner's Choice. I have not been impressed by any of them. It is interesting that some builders are only offering fury and others don't offer it.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »
Zebra, octane, and winners choice are all garbage strings imo...
Boy says 452 x will have no creep and is completely stable. But a crappy string is a crappy string regardless of material

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
My vapor trail stings I have now have been okay.  I really liked first string when I shot them.  Lots of great local quality sting makers now.

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
My stuff s ready to rock ...after a quick trip to rock creek .....thanks DENTON . 
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »
My stuff s ready to rock ...after a quick trip to rock creek .....thanks DENTON .

Was good meeting you out there today! Denton for sure knows his stuff
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:11:30 AM by mburrows »

Offline Jason

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 07:10:03 PM »

[/quote] :yeah:
And to add to that you will have less chance of peep rotation issues if you choose a solid color for the string. always single color 452 x for me.  :twocents:
[/quote]

Why would using just a solid color make any difference over using two colors?  :dunno:

Seams each string is made with the same amount of strands of the same material whether it be of one color or multiple colors.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »

:yeah:
[/quote]

Why would using just a solid color make any difference over using two colors?  :dunno:

Seams each string is made with the same amount of strands of the same material whether it be of one color or multiple colors.
[/quote]the number of strands is the same. The difference would be that 2 color strings are essentially a loop of each color. If the loops aren't the exact same length the string won't settle very well. With a single color string it is one continuous loop.
Not to say that 2 color strings are all bad because they are made all the time,along with 3 color strings also.

Offline Roperfive88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 02:07:16 PM »
Thanks For all the input. Defiantly going to look into some of the local string makers next time. I went with a 60x bcy-x string. The price was right and in all my research they are a good string maker. Got a set for $72.

Offline dc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
Side Hill Archery longview/kelso

Offline luckyman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 02:42:49 PM »
I've odered around 6 sets from 60x.
 They're great strings  if you don't mind changing yourself.
I'm not sure.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal