collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: How do ya see yer points on the new wdfw login?  (Read 4428 times)

Offline jrod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
How do ya see yer points on the new wdfw login?
« on: February 01, 2017, 05:22:38 PM »
Got my new password & everything all set & I can't figure out how To find it ? Or your past history either??

Offline hawgwild

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA, WA ANG
Re: How do ya see yer points on the new wdfw login?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »
I was wondering the same thing.  I know you could in the past, but now that they've changed the system, I'm guessing we won't be able to see our points until we're able to purchase them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:39:48 PM by hawgwild »

Offline jrod

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 06:06:09 PM »
Ya that's what I was thinkin 2

Offline Jimmer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 07:53:22 PM »
Everyone starts over fresh, zero points with the new system..

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »
Everyone starts over fresh, zero points with the new system..

And the WDFW headquarters just lit up with calls  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Roperfive88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »
The system is not finished they did the change rather quick. They had to implement it because of the security breach. I'm sure points will be viewable eventually.

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 12:04:49 PM »
I blame Obama...
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 12:33:15 PM »
Until they're available in the new system, you have to squint just right.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline johnnycf26

• Pilgrim
  • I've quit better jobs than this to go hunting.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 04:16:26 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was starting to wonder if I was missing something...
I just love the outdoors.

Offline MonstroMuley

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 08:18:33 PM »
Yes... WDFW still updating New Database for Special Permit Points...monitor this Help Link: http://wdfw.wa.gov/help/questions/271/How+do+I+find+out+how+many+special+permit+points+I+have%3F

Skip the web site and try contacting WDFW customer service directly: (360) 902-2477 or (360) 902-2515 ... under the old system (back in June 2016) they were able to e-mail me a complete summary list of all my "Points Record" queried against the old database, which included "Accrued" and "Bonus" Points for Categories not visible on WDFW website that I never even knew existed... Special Permit Categories from: "Any Moose" to "Conflict Reduction Goat", "Deer 65 and Over", Disabled and Master Hunter with assigned Bonus Points (whether you are or not...) and "Quality Deer" & "Quality Elk" Accrued and Bonus Points all the way to "Sheep Ewe" and "Sheep Ram" Accrued points with 2 Bonus points never knew assigned to me as part of the Total Points count.  Amazed that it appears we have bonus points automatically assigned to us for some categories whether we have applied for the standard Weighted "Accrued" points in the past or not (i.e. "Second Deer" Category: Zero "Accrued Points", Yet 3 "Bonus Points" assigned)...perhaps they are reconciliation or adjustment points from past system changes... customer service did not know and could not really explain. Request the list and you may understand a little better or be totally confused!

I'll be checking my points when they come back on-line under the new system and comparing against my previous June 2016 points snapshot or calling WDFW Help Desk directly to request another e-mail list if they'll still provide it?! Hopefully they have preserved the same special permit points category structure under the new system. Hope this Helps!     

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:59:30 PM by MonstroMuley »
"Everyone has a Gut Pile..." - "The Nuge" (TN)

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 08:34:47 PM »
Yes... WDFW still updating New Database for Special Permit Points...monitor this Help Link: http://wdfw.wa.gov/help/questions/271/How+do+I+find+out+how+many+special+permit+points+I+have%3F

Skip the web site and try contacting WDFW customer service directly: (360) 902-2477 or (360) 902-2515 ... under the old system (back in June 2016) they were able to e-mail me a complete summary list of all my "Points Record" queried against the old database, which included "Accrued" and "Bonus" Points for Categories not visible on WDFW website and I never even knew existed... Special Permit Categories from: "Any Moose" to "Conflict Reduction Goat", "Deer 65 and Over", Disabled and Master Hunter with assigned Bonus Points (whether you are or not...) and "Quality Deer" & "Quality Elk" Accrued and Bonus Points all the way to "Sheep Ewe" and "Sheep Ram" Accrued points with 2 Bonus points never knew assigned to me as part of the Total Points count.  Amazed that it appears we have bonus points automatically assigned to us for some categories whether we have applied for the standard Weighted "Accrued" points in the past or not (i.e. "Second Deer" Category: Zero "Accrued Points", Yet 3 "Bonus Points" assigned)...perhaps they are reconciliation or adjustment points from past system changes... customer service did not know and could not really explain. Request the list and you may understand a little better or be totally confused! I'll be checking my points when they come back on-line under the new system and comparing against my previous June 2016 points snapshot or calling WDFW Help Desk directly to request another e-mail list if they'll still provide it?! Hopefully they have preserved the same special permit points category structure under the new system. Hope this Helps!   
Prior to the 2010 season, there were single categories for permits for big game species such as deer and elk. In the 2010 season, multiple categories per specie were created: quality deer, buck deer, antlerless deer, youth deer, .etc.  The points one had going into the 2010 season were replicated across all categories. If you had five deer points going into the 2010 season, you then had five points for quality deer, five for buck deer, five for antlerless deer, and so forth. The points replicated even to categories you may not have been eligible for such as youth or age 65 and older. This replication occurred in all species that were subject to categorization in which one had any points.

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 12:23:38 PM »
The system is not finished they did the change rather quick. They had to implement it because of the security breach. I'm sure points will be viewable eventually.
Is it eventually?
I can't see em?
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »
10 4. Just wondering if'n that was still relevant. Thanks Bob
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by BigVinn
[Today at 10:21:19 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter