collapse
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GPS MAP Guided Moose And Black Bear Hunts

Author Topic: Cougars good or bad for the Cleman Mtn sheep herd?  (Read 3753 times)

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
Re: Cougars good or bad for the Cleman Mtn sheep herd?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 07:50:52 PM »
I actually like mountain lions and regularly let females small toms go in Idaho where cats are hunted to death so I am not against lions at all. Washington is just completely over run with them and every other predator you need hounds back! I think that is the one thing hunt wa could get behind as a group to help your deer and elk

Couldn't agree more. If people were to run cats or bears with dogs or use baits. You could let the younger predators/females. You could actually take a big Tom or big bore. The elk/deer would strive back to the population it was 25+ years.
  Just my  :twocents:

Offline idaho guy

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 08:03:01 PM »
I actually like mountain lions and regularly let females small toms go in Idaho where cats are hunted to death so I am not against lions at all. Washington is just completely over run with them and every other predator you need hounds back! I think that is the one thing hunt wa could get behind as a group to help your deer and elk

Couldn't agree more. If people were to run cats or bears with dogs or use baits. You could let the younger predators/females. You could actually take a big Tom or big bore. The elk/deer would strive back to the population it was 25+ years.

:tup:you could be the guy to push for hound hunting I think this forum could be the place hunters come together to get houndoggers back controlling predators the right way. I will have your back on this but being a non resident makes my voice less important I think. I read posts all the time complaining about the predator pit in Washington and I totally agree but hunt wa needs to take a stand TOGETHER and hounds would be the best first step bring back hounds! And include Idaho guys ha ha

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 08:11:04 PM »
I know the guy who watched this one get killed by a cougar. He is still up there in one of my favorite draws. Horns rotting away.
Leave No Trace!

Did you draw a tag and need help?

White Pass Outfitters and Chinook Pass Outfitters are the only two outfitters with special use permits in the 346-364 area. Give them a call and see if they suite your needs.

I am no longer giving out information for free.

Offline idaho guy

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 08:21:42 PM »
I know the guy who watched this one get killed by a cougar. He is still up there in one of my favorite draws. Horns rotting away.

Too bad you have to leave the horns to rot wonder why wdfw thinks lions aren't a problem seems like lots of evidence to the contrary

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Virtual Campfire
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »

:tup:you could be the guy to push for hound hunting I think this forum could be the place hunters come together to get houndoggers back controlling predators the right way. I will have your back on this but being a non resident makes my voice less important I think. I read posts all the time complaining about the predator pit in Washington and I totally agree but hunt wa needs to take a stand TOGETHER and hounds would be the best first step bring back hounds! And include Idaho guys ha ha

Started a poll in virtual board. See if it's even possible/worth the time.

Offline idaho guy

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »
Great  :yeah: let's see lots of complainers will they do something? I think they will 👍🏿

* Recent Topics

What size shot for both ducks & geese? by bobcat
[Today at 12:50:19 PM]

Experience with Hornady ELD-X bullets? by BULLBLASTER
[Today at 12:48:37 PM]

.257 weatherby loads by Buckblaster
[Today at 12:45:17 PM]

Idaho elk by elkinrutdrivemenuts
[Today at 12:42:43 PM]

Duck Decoys - What are your favorites? by ballstothewaal
[Today at 12:41:09 PM]

Magpul hunter stock by BULLBLASTER