collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Non Native Wolves Illegally Introduced, Says Whistleblower  (Read 3697 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Non Native Wolves Illegally Introduced, Says Whistleblower
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:40:58 AM »
Non Native Wolves Illegally  Introduced, Says Whistleblower

http://montanapioneer.com/non-native-wolves-illegally-introduced-says-whistleblower-2/

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
Re: Non Native Wolves Illegally Introduced, Says Whistleblower
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 11:02:12 AM »
It seems we had timber wolves, not grey wolves around these parts.  Not sure how genes and dna are similar between the two but wolves today aren't the same as native past wolf.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline garrett89

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 10:06:15 PM »
It seems we had timber wolves, not grey wolves around these parts.  Not sure how genes and dna are similar between the two but wolves today aren't the same as native past wolf.

I think they are gray wolves. I read an article somewhere they brought in gray wolves after they killed the last of the timber wolves.

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 09:35:09 AM »
You see them divided into dozens of subspecies or just a few, all would cross.  Much like deer, as you move north they generally get bigger. 
As soon as they have the status of a coyote it may begin to be tolerable.  Stop spending on them.

Offline villageidiot

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:42:31 AM »
I hope Jim Beers never gives up on this illegal disaster reintroducing the wrong cancer.  Maybe the new administration will listen and put a bounty on these vermin and rid them once and for all.  Repay all those that have been fined and jailed for killing them and fire the people responsible for this sickening travesty.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:55:43 AM »
 :yeah: I agree, beers needs to keep at it, Trump could turn the tide!  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 08:32:36 AM »
Sad, but as I alluded to in past discusions on wolves, the real end goal for wolf reintroduction from the anti-hunter environmentalist side......

Veteran wolf biologist, John Gunson, formerly with the Alberta Fish and Wildlife Division, and also featured in Crying Wolf, echoed the concerns of sportsmen regarding elk hunting, saying, pointedly, “Really, there isn’t any room for harvest by man if you have a healthy wolf population.”

"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »
echoed the concerns of sportsmen regarding elk hunting, saying, pointedly, “Really, there isn’t any room for harvest by man if you have a healthy wolf population.”
Those are fighting words
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »
Just remember that hunting in itself is a wildlife management tool that's primary purpose is allow the harvest of some portion of the excess, while providing recreational opportunities.

Bottom line......no surplus, no hunting.
"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

Offline BA Mongor

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 06:03:03 PM »
I ended up reading an old thread "They are west side of I5".
Amazing how so many individuals said that there was no way our government could do such a thing and get away with it, without anyone knowing.

They can do what they want, when they want! If it wasn't for individuals like Mr. Beers, we would have no idea. I spend most of my time on the west side of Mt. Saint Helens and have seen some interesting things, as well as being told by a few others that work up there, that they're around. Do I hair samples, nope.

Either way, it's just a matter of time, before someone shoots one thinking that it's a coyote. Since I grew up a hillbilly with the mountains, it wasn't uncommon to run across packs of wild dogs 10-15 miles from the nearest home. We shot them!

Just last year, I ran into (2) dogs chasing deer up the 1440. I watched them chase a doe through a clear cut. So, I'm pretty skeptical when I seen a canine track, larger than a coyote. I almost always put up a camera in the area, in the hopes I get lucky that it comes back.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 06:10:11 PM »
Just remember that hunting in itself is a wildlife management tool that's primary purpose is allow the harvest of some portion of the excess, while providing recreational opportunities.

Bottom line......no surplus, no hunting.

:yeah: exactly...
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline garrett89

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 09:40:15 PM »
Just say you thought it was a coyote and  :mgun:

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 09:16:16 PM »
I was told first hand from friend in fish and game they have been investigating  person/person raising wolves and high breads and releasing them on 410  , supposed  to be from old mink Farm in puyallup  graham but they can't seem  to catch them  I dunno why she would lie as she hates wolves more than anyone I know

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal