collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hope he got away!  (Read 10641 times)

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Hope he got away!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 06:54:34 AM »
Despite the assumptions posted here it blows my mind that anyone could defend the way "natives" are allowed to massacre wildlife off the Rez.   :bash:

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 07:08:32 AM »
 :yeah: And even if there were seasons or rules for the tribes.the ones breaking the rules would not be held accountable. The fact is they do what they want.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline renrutbocaj

• Tracker
    • @MainbeamWC
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 07:20:52 AM »
It is a pretty simple google search to find the ones that are posted.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56f45574d51cd42551248613/t/57ab8cc0f5e231bb62467c61/1470860489894/June+2016+-+May+2019+Tribal+Hunting+and+Trapping+Regs.pdf

http://www.spokanetribe.com/userfiles/2016_Hunting_Season_Regulations.pdf

these are just a couple... they are online for public viewing. Its not hard to find this info if you just took the few minutes to look it up.  :bash:

Im not trying to defend anybody. I just know that there are just as many if not more non-tribals who are out there poaching, dumping trash, destroying habitat, etc.
In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.

Theodore Roosevelt

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »
 I've often wondered why so few people set the time on their cameras. :dunno:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 07:48:02 AM »
To those blaming the tribes and natives without evidence, please back up your claims with something credible.  I see this thread as a way to add fuel to people's self-justified anger at natives.  Without any facts or evidence, it's all hearsay.  Someone who doesn't have the inspiration to look it up for themselves may take your claim as gospel, and jump to the same conclusion the next time they see someone in the field, and keep perpetuating the cycle.

I know there are some cases where natives have been caught, but I also know many stories of non-natives poaching and slaughtering wildlife.  So...?

If this is a real problem that you're passionate about, do something about it other than spreading rumors on the internet.  :dunno:

Offline huntingfool7

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: huntingfool7
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »
I've often wondered why so few people set the time on their cameras. :dunno:
:yeah:  If this had caught a poacher on film the video would be worthless. 

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 08:44:06 AM »
To those blaming the tribes and natives without evidence, please back up your claims with something credible.  I see this thread as a way to add fuel to people's self-justified anger at natives.  Without any facts or evidence, it's all hearsay.  Someone who doesn't have the inspiration to look it up for themselves may take your claim as gospel, and jump to the same conclusion the next time they see someone in the field, and keep perpetuating the cycle.

I know there are some cases where natives have been caught, but I also know many stories of non-natives poaching and slaughtering wildlife.  So...?

If this is a real problem that you're passionate about, do something about it other than spreading rumors on the internet.  :dunno:
Pretty sure WDFW doesn't investigate or stops once they suspect it will go nowhere because they won't be able to prosecute.  So, not really going to get much in the way of court case newspaper articles.  Pretty much just leaves 'unofficial' anecdotes.  Is what it is.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 09:24:08 AM »
"Unofficial anecdotes". That's one phrase for it. The OP has presented nothing but circumstantial evidence that the shot we heard at the end was made by a "Native". Conjecture and innuendo with no evidence could by many be seen as inflammatory at best and worst, racism. This thread has no redeeming value for our forum. It'll do nothing but pit us against each other.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 09:40:54 AM »
"Unofficial anecdotes". That's one phrase for it. The OP has presented nothing but circumstantial evidence that the shot we heard at the end was made by a "Native". Conjecture and innuendo with no evidence could by many be seen as inflammatory at best and worst, racism. This thread has no redeeming value for our forum. It'll do nothing but pit us against each other.
:yeah:

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 03:28:02 PM »
While I was still living in Idaho, I met a "Native" coming out of the mountains with 5 elk racks on his pack mule.  No meat, just fresh cut off heads with antlers.  This was in September, and he was packing a .300 Mag.  I turned it in to our game warden, and he told me he has tried many times to get that guy in trouble.  All he can do is turn him over to the tribal authority that does absolutely nothing to him.   :bash:   :bash:   :bash: 

Like I said in my earlier post I don't support the unsupported accusations, but neither do I support any defense of the ridiculous rules that only apply to "Natives".   I maybe could respect them if they would get seriously involved in killing predators etc... rather than slaughtering elk during bow season with high powered rifles simply because their ancestors were mis-treated.  It's stupid.  Period.  Can you imagine if the rest of the world was this insane?  What if every Tribe in England that was invaded and conquered received this kind of special coddling?   Welsh, Norsemen, Saxons, Irish, Scottish, Normans, etc...  IMO if they are off the REZ they ought to be held accountable to the same rules as the rest of us!  Yes other people poach, but at least it is against the law and I hope every one of them get caught.  What is so infuriating about Natives is that they are above the laws.   :bash:

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 09:21:34 PM »
No one is defending anyone's ridiculous rules. The OP made unsupported statements. We don't know who was chasing those animals. We don't even know when this movie was taken.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline renrutbocaj

• Tracker
    • @MainbeamWC
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »
While I was still living in Idaho, I met a "Native" coming out of the mountains with 5 elk racks on his pack mule.  No meat, just fresh cut off heads with antlers.  This was in September, and he was packing a .300 Mag.  I turned it in to our game warden, and he told me he has tried many times to get that guy in trouble.  All he can do is turn him over to the tribal authority that does absolutely nothing to him.   :bash:   :bash:   :bash: 

Like I said in my earlier post I don't support the unsupported accusations, but neither do I support any defense of the ridiculous rules that only apply to "Natives".   I maybe could respect them if they would get seriously involved in killing predators etc... rather than slaughtering elk during bow season with high powered rifles simply because their ancestors were mis-treated.  It's stupid.  Period.  Can you imagine if the rest of the world was this insane?  What if every Tribe in England that was invaded and conquered received this kind of special coddling?   Welsh, Norsemen, Saxons, Irish, Scottish, Normans, etc...  IMO if they are off the REZ they ought to be held accountable to the same rules as the rest of us!  Yes other people poach, but at least it is against the law and I hope every one of them get caught.  What is so infuriating about Natives is that they are above the laws.   :bash:

Im not sure about your comments "getting seriously involved in killing predators" Some of the Tribes have had and some still do have a bounty on Coyotes. Also the Tribes are the only ones in the State of Washington who are actively hunting wolves.... other than the WDFW, and the few that live by SSS.

It is unfortunate that some tribal members are able to get away with so much and could care less about the resources that we all depend on and love. However I would say for every 1 case like you mention, there is another 15-20 tribal hunters who are good stewards of the land and understand the importance of our resources to future generations.
In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.

Theodore Roosevelt

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 07:50:36 AM »
only ones hound hunting for cats

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 02:59:33 PM »
This is another non-starter topic that could have easily led to Native bashing. And I say that because that's the reality. Look at almost any thread where Natives have been brought up and it's Native bashing all day. I had to call one guy out who wanted to "reconquer the tribes" among a bunch of other ridiculous statements. It went on far too long before the thread was ended, locked, whatever.

What this comes down to is you have no evidence that Natives were involved at all yet that was the first assumption you made. Incredible. I live near the Yakama Reservation and have met many tribal hunters who are great stewards of their land and game populations. Sure there are a few bad apples but the vast majority are ethical and very involved with conservation.

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »
Despite the assumptions posted here it blows my mind that anyone could defend the way "natives" are allowed to massacre wildlife off the Rez.   :bash:

They negotiated those rights when they were losing basically everything. I say good for them and if I had those rights I would never give them up. Fact of the matter is when it came time to sit down and make an arm's length deal they did an excellent job reserving the rights they already had under their tribal systems. The fact that they have more rights than us is our problem not theirs. We come from common law systems from England where all forests used to belong to the king and rules were numerous and burdensome. Us white dudes never fought back against that system so that we could have complete freedom with regard to hunting rights. Again, that is our problem not theirs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:12:26 PM by OutHouse »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull