March 9-15
90 (45.7%)
March 16-22
80 (40.6%)
March 23-31
25 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 197

Voting closed: April 02, 2017, 12:59:47 PM

Author Topic: Spring Bear Draw Date Poll  (Read 79716 times)

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
Re: Spring Bear Draw Date Poll
« Reply #525 on: March 17, 2017, 09:58:00 PM »
Fix what?
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #526 on: March 17, 2017, 09:59:59 PM »
I am not kidding.
OK then...When I put that extra zero on my tax return by accident...you totally will have my back in court, right? It was an honest mistake your honor. Skillet agrees with me! Let's be "fair" about this...

I have no idea what you're trying to say.
I'm saying that if I don't take care of my own paperwork correctly (my incorrectly filled out tax form is an analogy to the 2 applicants that did not fill out their apps properly) I wouldn't expect any special treatment from the government nor should I get any. You screw up, you face the consequences. These guys deserve a ghost point and no further consideration, plain and simple. You don't place your bet right you leave the table.

Thanks for clarifying.  In principle, I agree with you. However, in this case, I think the WDFW made the right call given the circumstances, for the reasons I've stated.  I condemn WDFW when it's appropriate, and give them credit when it is as well.

It is unfortunate that people got their hopes up before the draw was declared official. I am hoping they take the lessons learned (both WDFW and those whose hopes were dashed) and apply them before the major draws in a few months.

Guess I can't argue with that, Skillet! :)

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #527 on: March 17, 2017, 10:04:07 PM »
Fix what?

Get some sleep, man! Sorry to bother you. I should have read your auto-quote about "clouding the issue with too many facts!"  :tup: :IBCOOL:

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #528 on: March 18, 2017, 12:56:20 AM »
Some people on here seem to think that because someone is upset that the new system is already a total failure that they're only upset because they didn't draw? Had I drawn I would be ecstatic to have the tag but I'd still be mad and more than worried about the new draw system. A special permit redraw and having hundreds of thousands of their customers personal information hacked and stolen all in one year. Keep up the great work WDFW, your effort is really appreciated  :tup: lol.
What did the system do wrong that resulted in a "redraw"?
I'm not sure why you put the word Redraw in parenthesis. Maybe insinuating that it was something other than that? WDFW said it was a Redraw cause they flubbed up and they already owned up to that, so that's exactly what it was. And what did the system do wrong? The system allowed prospective applicants to be able to submit their application without choosing a hunt choice or ghost point option with the result being that they would be left out of the draw. That should've been red flagged in the coding of the system from day one and if it wasn't red flagged then it should've been an obvious thing for quality managers to look for and identify before adopting the system. The applicants should not have been able to continue to the next page during their application submittal until some sort of choice was made. A simple message in red letters saying "You can not continue to the next page until you either choose a GMU or the ghost point option" should have been a requirement in the system from the first day the crappy code was written. The state has been doing the drawing for years and if they adopted a new system this year then this issue should've been one of the first of many things on their checklist that they verified before paying, what I'm going to assume was bottom dollar, for the system that they've now adopted. I don't care if anyone drew a tag or not, I care that my money is going toward such an incredibly incompetent government agency. And ya sure, if I don't like it then I should stop buying tags and permits but the problem with that is my love for hunting greatly outweighs my annoyance for what has happened in this last year. That's why I come onto these types of threads, to get it all out lol. After all, it is the Internet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #529 on: March 18, 2017, 01:02:56 AM »
I guess my real issue isn't just that this happened, it's that I know that they're going to continue to do stupid and avoidable things in the future with no real, effective plan for resolution or increasing efficiency.

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #530 on: March 18, 2017, 06:51:08 AM »
Oh trust them they got this...  they've always cared about actual conservation........

Offline JWEBB

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Waiting for October
« Reply #531 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Some people on here seem to think that because someone is upset that the new system is already a total failure that they're only upset because they didn't draw? Had I drawn I would be ecstatic to have the tag but I'd still be mad and more than worried about the new draw system. A special permit redraw and having hundreds of thousands of their customers personal information hacked and stolen all in one year. Keep up the great work WDFW, your effort is really appreciated  :tup: lol.
What did the system do wrong that resulted in a "redraw"?
I'm not sure why you put the word Redraw in parenthesis. Maybe insinuating that it was something other than that? WDFW said it was a Redraw cause they flubbed up and they already owned up to that, so that's exactly what it was. And what did the system do wrong? The system allowed prospective applicants to be able to submit their application without choosing a hunt choice or ghost point option with the result being that they would be left out of the draw. That should've been red flagged in the coding of the system from day one and if it wasn't red flagged then it should've been an obvious thing for quality managers to look for and identify before adopting the system. The applicants should not have been able to continue to the next page during their application submittal until some sort of choice was made. A simple message in red letters saying "You can not continue to the next page until you either choose a GMU or the ghost point option" should have been a requirement in the system from the first day the crappy code was written. The state has been doing the drawing for years and if they adopted a new system this year then this issue should've been one of the first of many things on their checklist that they verified before paying, what I'm going to assume was bottom dollar, for the system that they've now adopted. I don't care if anyone drew a tag or not, I care that my money is going toward such an incredibly incompetent government agency. And ya sure, if I don't like it then I should stop buying tags and permits but the problem with that is my love for hunting greatly outweighs my annoyance for what has happened in this last year. That's why I come onto these types of threads, to get it all out lol. After all, it is the Internet.

:tup: couldn't have said it better Mike!
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
« Reply #532 on: March 18, 2017, 11:16:34 AM »
Oh trust them they got this...  they've always cared about actual conservation........
You know it!  :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1