collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: CVA Acura V2- Powder/Bullet?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Ridge Hunter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Tracker
CVA Acura V2- Powder/Bullet?
« on: March 04, 2017, 06:21:53 PM »
I picked up a CVA Acura v2 thumb hole in nitride this winter from muzzleloader.com, was curios if anybody has ran the knight bloodlines out of this particular gun, if so how tight was the fit in the bore and how did they shoot? I am thinking of either running the 275grn or 300grn version of that bullet. Also for you guys that hunt with the NW compliant muzzle loaders, I was wanting to know what powder you have had the best luck with, i was planning on running the 777 in 2f or 3f, I have done some research and it sounds like guys are leaning towards the 3f? I have always just used the pyrodex pellets in the past so the loose powder is a new thing for me and just wanted to get input before I go buy the 777.

Thanks for any input!

Offline kselkhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: CVA Acura V2- Powder/Bullet?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 11:05:41 PM »
I have the CVA Acura V2 in Nitride.  I run 250 and 290 grain Barnes T-EZ.  With powder pellets (I'm lazy) of 100 or 150 grains. 

Offline Myrtle Creek Inc.

• God Bless
  • Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
  • Muzzle-Loaders.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/MuzzleLoaderscom
    • www.Muzzle-Loaders.com
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:04:32 PM »
The Triple Seven 3F seems to burn more consistently with the musket cap ignition, however, I do know that there has been a broad range of powders used successfully in that muzzleloader. As far as bullets the Bloodlines certainly will get the job done, however, they can be harder to come by and the Barnes T-EZ, like kselkhunter mentioned, is probably the most popular sabot that we've found, with excellent and consistent results. Enjoy your new gun and let us know what bullets you end up finding success with!

Offline Ridge Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »
Thanks to both of you for the advice, cant wait to get it out and shoot it!!! If anybody else has any experience with this weapon and the bloodlines I would be curios to see how tight of a barrel fit they are and how they shot out of this weapon?

Thanks!

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:55:35 PM »
My pet load is 110g 3f, with a Hornady 250g SST. Great accuracy, don't love the bullet, gonna try some new ones this summer, have had issues with bullets penciling through deer.

I upgraded the rear sight to a peep, with a built in scope mount. Love that, makes it a whole new gun imho. I'm going to mount a scope this summer to work on load development some more.

Offline kselkhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:48:38 PM »
To the op, please keep us posted on your testing with the bloodlines as it might be something I'd be interesting in trying.   I may give the Traditions Smackdown 300gr bullet a try later this spring.  Hard to argue with the accuracy of the Barnes T-EZ that I use, but always looking for an excuse to shoot the muzzleloader more. 

syoung - that peep with scope mount, is that the EABCO setup?  I bought one of those previously and had the darndest time getting it to sight in.  Ended up taking it off for hunting season as I never got it dialed in the way I wanted it, but was going to give it a second try this spring.  Although I researched a few other interesting peep options I may check out.  But if you have the EABCO and had any pointers for adjustments on that rear sight I'd appreciate it.  Mine would never move with any consistency, too sloppy in the adjustment. 

Offline Ridge Hunter

• Tracker
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 06:15:11 PM »
Thanks to everyone that has posted on this, I will make sure to update as I get things dialed in this spring! Curios to hear about the peep a little more as well to see if there is a solid option for this weapon.

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 09:54:56 AM »
It is the eabco yes, I didn't have any trouble sighting it in though. I just left the screws slightly touching, so the sight wouldn't move real easy, and used a ultrafine sharpie to mark my starting spot, so I had a reference that was more accurate then what was built in.

It is made of soft metal though, be careful tightening the screws, you can easily gouge out the mount.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]