collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scarpa boots  (Read 1787 times)

Offline spoonman

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Longhunter
Scarpa boots
« on: March 13, 2017, 08:08:54 AM »
I am looking into buying a pair of Scarpa boots and wanted to see if any of you out there own a pair and what your experiences are in sizing? I am looking at the Scarpa Charmoz for my higher elevation hunts and better overall support. I've read a few forums that say to size up an entire size but that just seems excessive to me. Just looking to hear your thoughts on real-world experiences.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: Scarpa boots
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:40:27 AM »
I picked up the kenisis last year and have been happy with them.  Got them on Amazon for $275 to my door.  Fit was spot on for me.  First boot I've had in a long time that wasn't a crazy stiff Mtn boot.  Little different at first but got to really like them after a few trips.  Still has plenty of ankle support which is important for us little guys who carry heavy packs a lot
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline archery288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:50:39 AM »
I have both boots mentioned, the Charmoz and the Kenisis.  I like the Kenisis better, it's not quite as stiff, but still offers great support.  The Charmoz has a paint on them on that orange area.  First time used they started to peel.  Good boot, but really stiff if you are looking for that type of thing.  Both fit me really well, no complaints there at all.  (I have a pretty flat foot for those with flat feet.)

Offline Reidus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 08:51:35 AM »
They are pretty true to size the 2 pairs i have had. I wear 8.5 in scarpa. 8.5 in zamberlan. Lowa i think I'd get 8's just to give you some reference.  I haf the charmoz for a bit. The bottoms are really stiff. I returned them and went with the kinesis pro. Much better boot unless you're doing a lot of climbing with your toes.

Offline Stickerbush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »
I like them I get them in size 14 and I am 13.5 regularly. I still get a little bit of heel rub that can lead to blisters. Sometimes I have to run a little moleskin, but I'm going to experiment with different socks. One thing I wasn't impressed with was the insole , but it might be most high end boot companies have cheapo insoles because they are assuming people will replace them with superfeet etc

The model I use is kailish
Coastal Perspective.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 09:19:57 AM »
I see Kuiu was discounting their not sure if they are discontinuing them.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline spoonman

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 09:44:18 AM »
The boots I did see were on Kuiu's site. I did question if they would be too stiff so thank you on your suggestions. I typically wear a size 10.5-11 in everyday shoes and my Danners are 10.5 and I have a pair of Northface hiking boots that are an 11. Think I'll give the Scarpa Kenisis in size 11 (44.5) a try.

Offline spoonman

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 10:05:59 PM »
So I ordered the Scarpa R-evolution plus boots. I should get them on Friday so I'll let you guys know how they work out. I ended up going for these cause I found a great deal online.

Offline northwesthunter84

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 10:14:45 PM »
They have a pair of size 11.5 at Silverdale Sierra trading Post. Tried them on, they were 1/2 to 1 full size too small for me. I usually run a 11.5  same series as Kuiu's just different color scheme. Also only $200

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Mtnwalker
[Today at 05:24:30 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 05:23:46 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]