collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Colville national forest  (Read 18611 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: Colville national forest
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 03:54:56 PM »
Sounds like you have focused on a unit to hunt. I know a lot of people advocate scouting through the summer. But, if your financial resources are limited why not save your money and time spent scouting clear across the state until the last few days before you hunt or even wait until season opens and spend more time in the area when you can be actually hunting, take a couple extra days off work and spend the money you saved while you can be hunting.   :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 08:21:11 PM »
Sounds like you have focused on a unit to hunt. I know a lot of people advocate scouting through the summer. But, if your financial resources are limited why not save your money and time spent scouting clear across the state until the last few days before you hunt or even wait until season opens and spend more time in the area when you can be actually hunting, take a couple extra days off work and spend the money you saved while you can be hunting.   :twocents:
:yeah:
I just got similar advice from someone else.

Offline DeerHunter76

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 12:37:05 AM »
Scheindogg,
I grew up on the east side and always hunt east side. I now live on the west side. Looking at going over to GMUs 101 and 105 in a month or 2 and to start scouting. If your interested in tagging a long shoot me a pm. I have always pulled a deer out of 101 but there is always that one year that you end up eating tag soup.
Hope you fill your tag this fall.
Jay
“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” General James "Mad Dog" Mattis"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal