Author Topic: Ticks  (Read 46246 times)

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
Re: Ticks
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2018, 06:55:32 AM »
In the Bonney Lake area, took a tick off my dog last week.

Yeah they are around. My buddy got Lyme disease last year after getting bit clearing brush in his yard in down town Sumner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2018, 07:02:35 AM »

Yeah they are around. My buddy got Lyme disease last year after getting bit clearing brush in his yard in down town Sumner.

How did he know?  What were his symptoms.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline redi

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2018, 08:49:40 PM »
I had one dug into my ribs last night. I got it out using liquid soap and a cotton ball. It took about 20 minutes. Tried to sterilize with whiskey but it only made my tongue numb.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »
I had one dug into my ribs last night. I got it out using liquid soap and a cotton ball. It took about 20 minutes. Tried to sterilize with whiskey but it only made my tongue numb.
dang man, try crown next time! 😆

Offline redi

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2018, 12:07:00 AM »
Will do. Lol

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2018, 05:25:48 AM »
You need to drink more of it to make your body numb. What's the best treatment for dogs tick prevention?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:32:54 AM by Skyvalhunter »
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »
You need to drink more of it to make your body numb. What's the best treatment for dogs tick prevention?

For dogs I think the most effective treatments are the ones that you administer to the skin on the neck and back.

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2018, 08:58:22 AM »

https://us.bravecto.com/for-dogs.aspx

This is all my dad will sell now at his office. It's been great for my dog, had lots of them crawling on me but never have found them on the pup.

Offline TrailTreker85

• Hunter
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2018, 09:31:26 AM »

My wife as well came down with Lyme disease . First signs were swelling in the face and welts that we thought were caused either from food and or wine since it did start near Christmas time. Fast forward one month later Jan. 28 I woke up to her having a seizure like nothing I have ever seen before. Took her to the hospital and they wrote it off to flu so they sent us home. 20 min after being home she went into another 3-4 min seizure that really did a number on her so I rushed her straight back where we ended up staying there for 4 nights while the ran all kinds of test and scans. After asking for a Lyme test 3 times they finally did it on day 3 and low and behold she was positive. Lyme is not something to take lightly as it can do some hardcore damage to the body. I was out in the area last weekend where I know she must have got it from and the ticks where horrible even with my clothes sprayed down.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2018, 09:36:30 AM »

My wife as well came down with Lyme disease . First signs were swelling in the face and welts that we thought were caused either from food and or wine since it did start near Christmas time. Fast forward one month later Jan. 28 I woke up to her having a seizure like nothing I have ever seen before. Took her to the hospital and they wrote it off to flu so they sent us home. 20 min after being home she went into another 3-4 min seizure that really did a number on her so I rushed her straight back where we ended up staying there for 4 nights while the ran all kinds of test and scans. After asking for a Lyme test 3 times they finally did it on day 3 and low and behold she was positive. Lyme is not something to take lightly as it can do some hardcore damage to the body. I was out in the area last weekend where I know she must have got it from and the ticks where horrible even with my clothes sprayed down.
wow, horrible!!  Is she better now??

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2018, 09:38:34 AM »
what does she take for it now
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline TrailTreker85

• Hunter
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2018, 09:43:38 AM »

wow, horrible!!  Is she better now??

She is doing ok. She had some short term memory loss at first and her thought process was a lot slower for the first couple weeks. She is on a cocktail of meds now for both the seizures and Lyme. From here we go to the Dr.'s every 3 months for blood work till it clears her system and that's if it dose clear.

Offline TrailTreker85

• Hunter
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2018, 09:45:17 AM »
what does she take for it now

I am not sure what it's called at this time but will find out and post back when I do.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2018, 09:49:08 AM »
Man, sorry to hear that.  Hope it clears quickly!   So not every tick has Lyme disease right?  I sure hope it’s rare???

Offline TrailTreker85

• Hunter
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
Thanks trophyhunt. As long as it doesn't become/turn stage 2 we should be good in a few months. Also you are correct not every tick has it and it's still not a common thing in (WA) unlike east coast.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]