collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Do you support NON magnifying scopes for muzzle loaders?

Yes
76 (38%)
No
124 (62%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 08:19:14 AM

Author Topic: Poll- non magnifying scopes on muzzle loaders?  (Read 40012 times)

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
Re: Poll- non magnifying scopes on muzzle loaders?
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
I've changed my mind.   

I want to put a compensated range finder abd night scope on my muzzleloader.
You can.....for modern rifle season.........and for zombies
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »
No not really.  Nobody is advocating eliminating current advances.  Simply saying enough is enough.  Leave it where it is and all is good.  We have inlines, sabots, fibre ootics, very efficient powders, etc.  No doubt today's bow setups are far advanced as well, but when it comes down to it, both weapons are still primitive single shot weapons.  The creep has to stop somewhere.
yes BLRMAN but some of us want to take back some we lost because we can-t get together on these stupid issues.like baiting and hounds.if someone is so ardent to have it traditional they can....just like if you dont want firearms dont buy one.is it that hard,are the CONSERVATIVES on here that liberal that they dont want anyone doing this because they dont like it...really?
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2017, 03:28:18 PM »
No not really.  Nobody is advocating eliminating current advances.  Simply saying enough is enough.  Leave it where it is and all is good.  We have inlines, sabots, fibre ootics, very efficient powders, etc.  No doubt today's bow setups are far advanced as well, but when it comes down to it, both weapons are still primitive single shot weapons.  The creep has to stop somewhere.
yes BLRMAN but some of us want to take back some we lost because we can-t get together on these stupid issues.like baiting and hounds.if someone is so ardent to have it traditional they can....just like if you dont want firearms dont buy one.is it that hard,are the CONSERVATIVES on here that liberal that they dont want anyone doing this because they dont like it...really?
is it that hard to just hunt modern season if you want a scope on your muzzy?
I think you sound more liberal than the people you are trying to put down here. All is well in oh mahs world as long as you agree with him. If you don't you are evil and dumb is what I'm gathering.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:35:03 PM by BULLBLASTER »

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »
Guess I just don't see why keeping it a more primitive weapon is so terrible. The more efficient and proficient these primitive weapons get, the more animals get taken.  More animals get taken the shorter the seasons.  We've already seen some of that and lost some opportunities.  For my own selfish reasons I'd actually love to see inlines go away.  I'd obviously NEVER advocate for that but man all the rifle guys that have flooded the muzzy woods would go back to rifle and I'd have the place to myself again  :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2017, 03:29:15 PM »
i hunt all weapons its not me how many times must that be said?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2017, 03:30:20 PM »
So your arguing for the sake of arguing. Good to know.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2017, 03:31:13 PM »
I'm just sayin'......

If it comes down to zombie's I will no longer follow the regs. 
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Online Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2017, 03:33:39 PM »
Muzzleloader was meant to be a primitive weapon.  Hence the earlier season, and additional late seasons.  If a guy wants to use a scope, snag up a rifle and get to it.  And yes I LOVE muzzleloader hunting.  Like has been said multiple times before, there has to be a point where we stop the creep of technology into our primitive weapons, archery AND muzzleloader.  That's what modern firearm season is for. 

I'm all for hunters sticking together with hunters, but when there is an issue like this a guy has to stand his ground on what he feels is right.  There isn't anything wrong with that.
your right.no more compounds during regular archery season.no more drop away rest,sight pins,you see where this is going right

You need to slow down and read what he and others have said. You quote somebody and think that you OWN THEM ON FACTS. In reality you aren't even making sense.

Example:  he said stop the creep of technology into muzzleloader season. You take that and make some straw man argument about taking all tech out of archery  :dunno:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »
We hunters lose ground every year for this or that.We fight to keep what we have loosing often,once lost hardly anyone tries to get it back.I am saying that we need to fight to bring things we've lost for no good reason and fight to keep them from taking more.if your not in this then it will be just as was said in the should we turn into a draw only state thread where the member texted here we are at the end of the last trail,where a few of you arguing here applauded that.he was right.no one can give a good reason why someone shouldn't be allowed to scope their muzzy except that they don't like it so keep it banned.I'm done on this.there are almost 60 that voted yes but for some reason they don't say why.that happens every time there is a debate like this then they complain when they loose at the state level.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »
Muzzleloader was meant to be a primitive weapon.  Hence the earlier season, and additional late seasons.  If a guy wants to use a scope, snag up a rifle and get to it.  And yes I LOVE muzzleloader hunting.  Like has been said multiple times before, there has to be a point where we stop the creep of technology into our primitive weapons, archery AND muzzleloader.  That's what modern firearm season is for. 

I'm all for hunters sticking together with hunters, but when there is an issue like this a guy has to stand his ground on what he feels is right.  There isn't anything wrong with that.
your right.no more compounds during regular archery season.no more drop away rest,sight pins,you see where this is going right

You need to slow down and read what he and others have said. You quote somebody and think that you OWN THEM ON FACTS. In reality you aren't even making sense.

Example:  he said stop the creep of technology into muzzleloader season. You take that and make some straw man argument about taking all tech out of archery  :dunno:
Will you stand to fight them changing the rules to not have them in archery?will you fight to get them back when lost?
"Boss of the woods"

Online Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2017, 03:41:28 PM »
Come back when you are in the mood to understand that not-gaining does not equal losing.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »
Someone has to since you on here are not fighting for everyone else,just you and yours.I am arguing for all the people that take the fight to the state and voice for all of you.not just to argue.  nice try though
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2017, 03:43:59 PM »
Come back when you are in the mood to understand that not-gaining does not equal losing.
more deflecting from Jonathan not surprised,i bet you dont voice your opinion to the state either do you young man?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »
You are trying to solve an issue that's not an actual issue.  We didn't lose optics on muzzys.  We never had them and a battery operated eotech IS NOT a primitive sight.  We can't use battery operated optics on bows either.  No matter how fancy a bow sight gets, it's still a pin you have to hold steady with your own power, on a bow you have to pull.  It's still shooting an arrow, which is still a primitive projectile that kills by cutting.  Just like an open sighted in line that has an exposed breech is still a primitive weapon.  That is literally why we have muzzy and archery seasons, is because of these restrictions on weapons.  Keep modernizing them and we will all have a 1 week free for all for deer and elk.  I advocate to stay primitive TO KEEP more opportunities

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2017, 03:52:44 PM »
Someone has to since you on here are not fighting for everyone else,just you and yours.I am arguing for all the people that take the fight to the state and voice for all of you.not just to argue.  nice try though
here we go again.... if personally rather not have you as my voice and advocating things I don't want. We all have the capability to think for ourselves here and I am thinking that the muzzy rules are fine as is. If something is important to me I will fight for it. A muzzy scope is not one of those.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal