collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Just got to thinking... why?  (Read 13053 times)

Offline NW SURVEYOR

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF NRA
Re: Just got to thinking... why?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 10:11:48 AM »
You bow hunters slay me.

The talk about how you have chosen the "Sharp Stick" method of hunting due to the challenge, then the tears about how everyone else has an advantage due to the Mantle of Difficulty that is associated with Archery hunting. You can't have it both ways, that is how it works, so quit crying and practice shooting, ranging, calling and get in shape.  Oh yeah, put your big boy pants on too.
I have often thought about taking up bow hunting but have not due to my work schedule being very hectic in September and October.
If and when I ever do take up archery you can bet that I won't be posting the tearful complaints that I see here.
Being in the field during the rut is a huge break, I realize that it is difficult to get within bow distance, but rifle seasons no picnic either.
Having hunted elk for 43 years, I am not always successful, but that's hunting.

I spent 20 (Very Successful) years catching steelhead on the fly during the summers in SW Washington.
I believe that it was more difficult than using conventional gear, that was my choice and I treasured the victories with no animosity towards the guys using eggs, corkies, spoons etc.  During the winter, that was what I used, but summer was for the fly as far as my choice.

In closing, Life's Not Fair, get used to it.

Have a nice day,
Rob.

Offline snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 07:21:35 PM »
Compared to all other states Washington's Archery season is very short.  You can't blame a guy for wanting to hunt more can you? :dunno:

Offline stickslinger

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »
I don't feel that he is whining about season dates or even season length but the fact that if you get drawn for a quality bull tag your season opens and closes the same time as General season, and yes archery numbers have increased tremendously which makes hunting a bull not just about you and the elk but now includes all of the retards jogging thru the woods with a bow ( I'm not saying all bow hunters are retarded but there are just a lot more of them out there now days). I don't see any reason that if you were lucky enough to ever draw a quality bull tag that you shouldn't have three days for just the quality tag holders.    If it's good enough for the other weapons it should be good enough for all of the weapons
RELAX,PICK A SPOT,SHOOT STRAIGHT

Offline Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »
How about if early general archery elk season gets shortened from 13 to 10 days except for bull tag holders who get those 3 days for their quality tags. If you want something that bad make the sacrifice from your own season.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline 700xcr

• Scout
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 08:10:12 PM »
I don't feel that he is whining about season dates or even season length but the fact that if you get drawn for a quality bull tag your season opens and closes the same time as General season, and yes archery numbers have increased tremendously which makes hunting a bull not just about you and the elk but now includes all of the retards jogging thru the woods with a bow ( I'm not saying all bow hunters are retarded but there are just a lot more of them out there now days). I don't see any reason that if you were lucky enough to ever draw a quality bull tag that you shouldn't have three days for just the quality tag holders.    If it's good enough for the other weapons it should be good enough for all of the weapons
Well I have had peddle mountain bikers with dogs, motorcycles with no orange on ride in between me and a bull I was about to pull the trigger on during modern season too! So it doesn't matter what season your hunting your going to run into the same situation. Public land is public use. Only difference is they have all year to do their sport while we have a window to do ours.
Nothing like a Remington model 700xcr.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 08:19:37 PM »
Wdfw does not care if you harvest or not.As long there is a season ,so you buy your permit,tag. If you don't like it go modern,mean this one day hurts you that bad .
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »
Your guys replies are funny.  I wasn't expecting you to be able to acknowledge the inequity and you delivered. 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 09:28:04 AM »
This is the nature of separating user groups and the reason why most states allow you to hunt all seasons with the proper weapon. It's quite possible that WA went the way it did to purposely dilute the voice of the hunter and pander to the majority. We should be able to hunt big game all fall long during each season. It would spread out the hunters more and be a real change for increased opportunity.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Bullmoose

• Tracker
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 10:37:44 AM »
And I have been up and watched Archery hunter they run the Elk with 4 wheelers to get close seen guys on the back of them running along a herd with bows drawen, and shooting so during ML I have seen ELK with arrows in them I understand it happens, But the way they hunt for them is wrong, I have hunted the same spot for 30 years and since they have open it up for cows we don't see the animals and hear that they have been pushed off the mountain, and that is by the Biologist

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 10:44:57 AM »
And I have been up and watched Archery hunter they run the Elk with 4 wheelers to get close seen guys on the back of them running along a herd with bows drawen, and shooting so during ML I have seen ELK with arrows in them I understand it happens, But the way they hunt for them is wrong, I have hunted the same spot for 30 years and since they have open it up for cows we don't see the animals and hear that they have been pushed off the mountain, and that is by the Biologist

Simply ridiculous assertions......because you saw one person / group doing something stupid or illegal, you now associate it with all bow hunters and the lack of elk on a mountain.  Really???  Not like the elk just vanished because they opened up an area to cow elk, they just changed their habit.  You should read the book "Who moved the Cheese" you will be a happier and more successful elk hunter.  You need to adapt and change your strategy based on the situation.  Maybe even take up bow hunting so you can chase a cow.   :tup:

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
This is the nature of separating user groups and the reason why most states allow you to hunt all seasons with the proper weapon. It's quite possible that WA went the way it did to purposely dilute the voice of the hunter and pander to the majority. We should be able to hunt big game all fall long during each season. It would spread out the hunters more and be a real change for increased opportunity.

Very well put....I 1000% agree!!   :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
Your guys replies are funny.  I wasn't expecting you to be able to acknowledge the inequity and you delivered. 😎

The inequity? Really? You guys got your later season dates with better rut timing. You got your lighted nocks and expandable broadheads. You have 2 lenghty seasons to hunt and you can harvest cows on a general tag. The squeaky wheel has been greased, shut up and hunt!
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »

The inequity? Really? You guys got your later season dates with better rut timing. You got your lighted nocks and expandable broadheads. You have 2 lenghty seasons to hunt and you can harvest cows on a general tag. The squeaky wheel has been greased, shut up and hunt!

This is precisely what I was talking about. They've got us pointing fingers at each other so we don't point our fingers at them. Well played, WDFW, well played.  :tup: :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2017, 12:17:35 PM »

🤔 apples to apples it is still 14 to 13 with branch bull permit in hand.  I will still be hunting; you don't have to worry about that.  I will also be hunting out of state again after I am unsuccessful drawing a bull tag.

@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »
Anyone with a brain goes out of state. General season out of state is way better than any westside permit you can even apply for...  I'll be cutting my hunting back dramatically here cause of the liberal agenda. I'll even take my business else where too with all this sanctuary city crap.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]