collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 25 rotting elk carcasses, charges filed  (Read 11266 times)

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 25 rotting elk carcasses, charges filed
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2017, 08:54:44 PM »
From the landowner press release:

In answer to the accusations that we don’t allow hunters, that is not correct.  We have allowed people we know, who can utilize the meat, to purchase depredation tags.   Often times they are working during the week and can only hunt on weekends or evenings.  This limits the time that the tags allow.  Another reason we have limited hunters coming on our property, if the hunters come from outside Wallowa County, they are not familiar with our fence linesWe do not have permission from adjoining landowners to kill elk on their ground.  Yes, we are particular who hunts on our property as we feel responsible if shots are fired towards neighbor’s homes and an elk is killed off of our property.[/color]

I have no sympathy for them.  Don't charge fees and limit hunting and the elk problem would not be as severe.  If they allowed enough hunting they may even reduce the overall population.

If folks can't deal with wildlife on their property I suggest they sell and move to town where they won't be "burdened".  :twocents:

Says the guy who wastes 25 elk and has 1/2 of them die on neighbors' property.
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 09:45:14 PM »
Speculation, many hunters are slobs. If the allegations are in fact true, letting people hunt the property the years prior would have absolutely no effect on the end result.

Yeah, but most aren't slob enough to leave dozens of dead elk rotting all over the place. I call BS on his claims. He's trying to justify killing an entire herd of elk. He'll say anything.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Allen23

• Tracker
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2017, 12:24:56 PM »
I thought some where it said 200 head of elk? That unit is huge and I don't think there would have been enough hunting pressure at their place to make a difference and how many people would have hunted it ?  Elk don't stay away from a place for 5 months just because a few were shot....... The whole thing is getting diluted I think. Comes down to a guy made a bad choice. There is always more than one choice.
In a world where it is so easy to attach your self to the negative side of things remember, What would Grandpa say?

Offline Don_D

• Past Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2017, 06:39:52 AM »
It's easy to judge the misdeeds of others. It seems to me for a family that has been ranching a decent chunk of land for 40 years that they could have called on their neighbors and the local community for help with depredation kills. I've never known rural people to not help those in need.

Too bad they chose to take things into their own hands. Hope they don't lose their ranch over it but boy that was a pretty huge mistake on their part.

Offline MadMooner

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2017, 07:16:02 AM »
Wow. That is an obscene amount of wanton waste.  I hope they throw the book at that guy. His wife's released statement is doing them no favors either.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]