collapse
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GPS MAP Montucky donates 8% back to local charities!

Author Topic: Making donation requests, help  (Read 398 times)

Offline bigsads

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Making donation requests, help
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:34:53 PM »
So I got asked to head up a donations committer for a upcoming charity golf event.   Question is,  where have you had success finding donations,  soliciting companies,  etc..
Anyone here interested?  The prizes would go to the silent auction and prize table, and we had over 200 participants Last year from around the state.   Main charity is called farestart, which provides job training in culinary arts to help people come back from addiction, incarceration,  etc

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • NRA Life, MH, WFW, CCRKBA, NAGR, RMEF, WSB
Re: Making donation requests, help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 06:11:10 AM »
Definitely set up a gofundme page. Are you in the foodservice industry? If you're a chef or restaurateur, hit up your suppliers for either money or auctionable items - pots, pans, other hardware.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Russ McDonald

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
    • https://www.facebook.com/russell.mcdonald.90
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 07:00:55 AM »
Try Cutco knifes.  They are awesome with donations.  When you try the bigger chain places you will have to apply online a most you have to do 3 months in advance.  The other thing is when looking for donations companies usually do them the first of the year so getting them later in the year might be hard.  Being golf try your local pro shops.  For the ladies go to spas and salons.  Think outside of box and good luck.  :tup:
Russell McDonald
President Lake Washington NWTF Chapter and vice president of the WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline JKEEN33

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:06:38 AM »
Most businesses are happy to donate. Get your tax information in order before you go and ask. Start early, the bigger businesses require the tax data and must go through an approval process before donating. Start early so they have time to do this.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 07:27:51 AM »
Being culinary related, I'd hit up some restaurants for gift card donations.  Try culinary supply stores and even some of the places that do cooking classes. I bet it wouldn't be too difficult to get them to donate a class or 2 for auction. I had a family donate a beer home brewing class(that I ended up buying). They just had us over and did it in their garage. Hot day in the summertime. We had a blast and made some great beer.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 07:34:33 AM »
It's often been helpful to have a brief, written statement about the cause you're fundraising for along with any relevant nonprofit status. I would bring that with me and follow up via email with the same document attached so the donating business had documents supporting their donations.
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Wake me when you need me.
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »
My wife did a lot of work for an auction. For silent auction items look for packages to put together.  The package makes a better pitch to donators who make small contributions.

For example one of the packages that my wife put together was a whiskey tour/sampling of different local craft distilleries. She got gift certificates for tastings, appetizers, bottles of booze and a dozen cigars, packaging them all together.  The package brought in more $ and when explained to the distilleries made them excited about the opportunity...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Truth is like Poetry, and most people hate Poetry