collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Did anyone draw Multi-Season Elk last year? - Lost My Points - Need Advice  (Read 5535 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
I was going to apply for multi-season elk this year, after figuring out how to get in the new account system I saw that my points said zero!  :yike:

So I called and emailed WDFW a few times but got no real answer to the situation, sort of got the "I don't know why answer" from everyone I talked to. Finally I called again and got to a manager.  I explained that last year I had got a post card that said I drew, then I got another post card that said I didn't draw, so I didn't do anything. According to this manager I had drawn and the WDFW system accidentally mailed out the second post card to everyone that drew and it was a mistake. He says I had to contact them last year to get my points back. I told him I need my points back, it's too late in life I won't be able to build enough points to draw while I can still get around fairly good. The uncaring manager didn't give a rip, that's policy he said.

I've been mad about this for a week or so and hadn't decided what to do if anything? I've considered writing the legislators and the WDFW directors office and telling them this is a prime example of why people are mad at WDFW. I have not applied for anything yet this year and just may not apply ever again, I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of writing anyone, they probably don't care anyway, that seems to be the WDFW way?

Then I got to wondering if anyone on here had drawn multi-season elk and got the post card saying they didn't draw when they did draw and what happened?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
Here is a thread about invalid MS results and letters from WDFW from last season. I do remember reading about this. I am sorry for your troubles, I hope you get your points back! I wouldn't blame you at all for turning your back on WDFW if they don't make it right. It must be a difficult choice to make after participating for so long. I really hope it works out for you!

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,195713.0.html
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
Ugh!  Sorry to hear, Dale.  I wonder if getting your rep involved would help move things along.

Offline big wood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • hit em on the high note
  • Groups: wsta,nra,mba
Arent the gamies constantly listening in. Maybe they can step in

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Dale, did you buy your multi elk tag last year?  If you didn't and the letter was definitely confusing, I see it as a no brainier for wdfw to give you your points back?  If that's the case, I'd be calling more people in fish and game.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
What did your draw results say when you looked at them online last year?

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
From the sounds of it, this is 100% their fault.  You trusted the system and it failed you.  IF they had sent out another card, email, or phone call, saying the second card was a mistake, than I can see them having a case.  If not, than they didn't do enough to make things right and give you a legit chance to purchase your tag. 
This years spring bear is a good example of this.  It was said that we need to use the email or post cards as proof of being selected or not, this is exactly what you did, again, the system failed you.
I'd push them.  See how high up you can get and if needed use your standing as an outfitter and owner of this site as clout.
If not for your own reasons, as a way to show them that sportsman won't stand for this sort of treatment from a department that works for, and is funded by our tax dollars.

I hope you get them back.  It would go a long way for the department as positive PR

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
I checked online last year and it said "SELECTED"
I bought my multi tag soon after and received the card AFTER buying my tag.  I kept it, and hunted.

I'm not saying this is on you, and the onlyyyy reason i knew they sent those cards out in error was because I spend far too much of my time at night on the forum. 
They should have fixed the issue last year and not left it to us, the consumer, to wade through their mistake.
Sorry this happened. how many points did you have when you drew last year?

Offline Allen23

• Tracker
I did draw a multi season tag last year(Elk) and I do not recall getting a second card in the mail.
Not sure what to tell you as far as the WDFW not willing to give you your points back. Unfortunately sometimes things are left up to us to figure out, like we should all be scouring the internet to see if anything has changed or if there has been problems with "the system" . I wish the fish and game would be a little better about sending out notifications Via e mail or posting alerts on their wed page.
My advice would be Don't give up on you Multi season tag! don't let our officials keep you from getting out there and enjoying hunting! Take advantage of the outdoors and hunting while we still can. Believe it or not these are the good ol days........
In a world where it is so easy to attach your self to the negative side of things remember, What would Grandpa say?

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
Ridiculous.  You didn't purchase the tag last year which means you took WDFW's word (via the post card) that you did not draw. It was they're mistake, not yours.  They should not bat an eye, do the right thing, and re-instate your points! 
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
What wdfw should do is allow the permit to be purchased this year. If they refuse to do that, the least they could do is reinstate the points.  :twocents:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
What wdfw should do is allow the permit to be purchased this year. If they refuse to do that, the least they could do is reinstate the points.  :twocents:
:yeah:
That would be the quickest and best solution to this problem.  And it is only MS permit, seems like a no brainer.

Really sorry this happened to you.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline gee_unit360

• Longhunter
WDFW is terrible.

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
"what WDFW should do"................LOL...................Now there is a mouthful!!!

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
Bearpaw:

This is absolute BS and I'm fuming with you right now. With that said, you might have a property right in those points. I view the system as a contract. We put in the money and if we don't get drawn then our chances increase via the point system the next year. We promise them our money, they return a promise that we will have an ever increasing chance to draw.You may want to talk to a lawyer around where you live and see if you have a claim. Find a lawyer who does contract work--they will know how to approach this.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]