collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: JetBoils Mighty Mo!  (Read 3872 times)

Offline tlbradford

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: JetBoils Mighty Mo!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 10:18:00 AM »
Probably a stupid question but,  do you guys have a good way of knowing how much gas is left in your canisters?  I'm guessing it's just experience on how heavy it is?  I'm too the point where I'm bringing 3 canisters that I feel are low.

I mark my canister with run times.  20 minutes = IIII.  The french press was the one accessory i added to my original jetboil. 

Dreams are forever on the mind, realization in the hands.

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 10:47:21 AM »
This device seems like a good idea for emptying 3 low bottles into one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U2EE6M2/

:yeah:

Offline dhjnesommer

• Tracker
  • Groups: dhjnesommer
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 10:57:31 AM »
Probably a stupid question but,  do you guys have a good way of knowing how much gas is left in your canisters?  I'm guessing it's just experience on how heavy it is?  I'm too the point where I'm bringing 3 canisters that I feel are low.
Just put the canister on the fridge for a few minutes. Pull it out and wait for it to sweat to the fill line.

Online Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 11:02:07 AM »
How do you guys feel the jetboil stacks up against the MSR Reactor? Is one better that the other. I have only used a Reactor and liked it alot.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 11:18:58 AM »
There probably similar. I think the jet boil just put a good backpacking stove / cup together and made it more available to the hunter crowd. Most hikers have always used the stoves. But the hunter hasn't really until recent.  So it's just your basic hiking stove.

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 04:52:52 PM »
Just had the JetBoil pot delivered today. Insulated, the bottom cover is a plate and the lid can double for a second plate. Ordered in some of the larger 450g all season fuel canisters. I carry the small canisters in my pack and of course the small one that fits internally in the JetBoil canister cooking system. I keep the larger canisters at camp and in my truck.

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 10:16:04 PM »
There probably similar. I think the jet boil just put a good backpacking stove / cup together and made it more available to the hunter crowd. Most hikers have always used the stoves. But the hunter hasn't really until recent.  So it's just your basic hiking stove.

I don't consider the jetboil a hiking stove.  The Jetboil a camping stove and road hunting/road camping stove yes but not hiking.  I have and use the jetboil for such.

Hiking stove imo is the msr pocket rocket with the small fuel canister, folding spork, foil; all nicely packed and secured in the titanium cup.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 04:51:29 AM »
So the msr burns a little hotter and is smaller?   :dunno:  :tup:

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 06:51:08 AM »
Msr is way smaller and way lighter.  Not as efficient on fuel however you can get a solid week out of the smaller can so efficient enough.  The Jetboil is a little more convenient which is why I have one for the truck and truck camp's.  More convenient mostly due to how it is not as suseptible to wind.  Like on a tailgate with the msr I found myself building wind blocks with contents in the bed of the truck where with the jetboil does not have that issue.  So in the back country or anywhere out of my pack I started carrying a little foil with the msr.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal