collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Minnesota, Wisconsin and Wyoming have decided to eradicate wolves  (Read 4389 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Minnesota, Wisconsin and Wyoming have decided to eradicate wolves

http://apachenativeamericans.us/2017/03/minnesota-wisconsin-and-wyoming-have-decided-to-eradicate-wolves/

Wolves can be shot on sight in most of Wyoming after state takes over management

http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/wolves-can-be-shot-on-sight-in-most-of-wyoming/article_b22f00b2-cc8e-50d0-99eb-fd2b24f8608d.html

It’s wolf open season just south of Wilson

http://m.jhnewsandguide.com/news/environmental/it-s-wolf-open-season-just-south-of-wilson/article_e34cbb76-f431-54d9-ba2a-2623bb3089b2.html?mode=jqm

And yet WDFW pretend their wolves are special, new wolf studies needed etc..

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
Re: Minnesota, Wisconsin and Wyoming have decided to eradicate wolves
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:21:08 PM »
Am I the only one who has noticed a decline in special draw tags , I wonder  when fish and game  will realize this wold crap is hurting there pockets way more then helping

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:18:10 AM »
What those states have, we don't - a majority conservative voter base. Most of the people who support wolves in WA will never see them except at NW Trek or Wolf Haven, or some misguided school assembly. They'll never hunt and spend time in the wild (one of the reasons they're angry and unbalanced), they'll never ranch cattle or sheep, or live where wolves are having a huge negative impact. They believe they're righteous in supporting the outrageous wolf plan and are happy if it means reduced or eliminated hunting opportunities, and hardship to those who have to live with them. There's no empathy. It's all about "me". I'm tied to living here or I'd be gone, likely to WY or ID. Even Montana is having problems with their voter base and the rich Californicators moving in and changing the demographic. I believe we're looking at an end to big game hunting in WA within 30 years.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline BDildine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.dildine
  • Groups: TSC,, NRA Life, RMEF, PF
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »
What those states have, we don't - a majority conservative voter base. Most of the people who support wolves in WA will never see them except at NW Trek or Wolf Haven, or some misguided school assembly. They'll never hunt and spend time in the wild (one of the reasons they're angry and unbalanced), they'll never ranch cattle or sheep, or live where wolves are having a huge negative impact. They believe they're righteous in supporting the outrageous wolf plan and are happy if it means reduced or eliminated hunting opportunities, and hardship to those who have to live with them. There's no empathy. It's all about "me". I'm tied to living here or I'd be gone, likely to WY or ID. Even Montana is having problems with their voter base and the rich Californicators moving in and changing the demographic. I believe we're looking at an end to big game hunting in WA within 30 years.

i sure hope your wrong on that  :(

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 12:04:22 PM »

I agree 100%!

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:37:43 PM »
 :yeah: x3
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »
 :yeah:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 01:09:58 PM »

You can't hunt if there's no game. Sad but true.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 01:29:41 PM »
30 years seems a bit generous

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 01:59:30 PM »
Saw a blurb on tv where they are offering a ten thousand dollar reward for info on an alph female that was shot in or around Yellowstone.   I guess they found her still alive but had to put her down after heroic efforts to save her.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
Saw a blurb on tv where they are offering a ten thousand dollar reward for info on an alph female that was shot in or around Yellowstone.   I guess they found her still alive but had to put her down after heroic efforts to save her.

Yeah, the white female alpha. Ridiculous that with all the wolves in that section they're spending that kind of money on finding the shooter.

As a side not, the BBC called the poacher a hunter and attributed the original demise of the wolf to "hunters", instead of, mainly, government contractors. I wrote them a correction. I hate it when Brits get involved with anything to do with guns or hunting in the US. Piers Morgan is tops on the list. They report based on what they know in England and have no idea how our wildlife system is far better, fairer, and sustainable, not to mention their fear of firearms.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
From the BBC story:  "The wolves were reintroduced in Yellowstone in 1995, having been eradicated by hunters."

I'll bet a hell of a lot more, like in hundred times more, of them were ten-eightied than there were that were ought-sixed.  My grandfather wiped out a heaping helping of them on his sheep ranch up around chateau back around the turn of the century and there wasn't much "hunting" involved.   

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 03:04:16 PM »

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »

You can't hunt if there's no game. Sad but true.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00727/cwcs_executive_summary.pdf

Didn’t see anything about hunting in the link.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]