collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Indoor ND (Negligent Discharge) with a .32 Auto.  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
Indoor ND (Negligent Discharge) with a .32 Auto.
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:32:15 AM »
Had a friend hand me a bullet the other day. It was a FMJ from a .32 Auto. He said he had stored a .32 auto for a long time loaded. Said he had forgot about it until he found it one day looking for something else. When he found it he, dropped the Mag, worked the slide real quick three or four times. But never visually checked the chamber. He said he was holding the handgun in his right hand in front of him with it pointed to his left looking at it and pulled the trigger and it went off. The bullet traveled across the room at about chest level and hit a bedroom door 15' away. Put a small dent in the wood door and dropped to the floor right in front of the the door.

Always check the chamber visually and if you think a .32 auto is going to save your junk in a self defense situation. You might want to rethink it.👍👍 While any ND is serious, every guy that hears the story can't stop laughing when they hear about it only dinging a door and dropping to the floor.

Offline sumpnz

• Scout
Re: Indoor ND (Negligent Discharge) with a .32 Auto.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »
If the gun had been sitting for a long time, I wonder if the round in the chamber had picked up moisture or something that compromised it's performance.  I'm surprised that even a .32 couldn't do more than lightly dent a plywood door from 5 yards. 

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 11:05:50 AM »
Textbook mistake...I know....I've done that down to a T. One time. Still scares me to this day and it was many years ago.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:15:32 AM »
I met a guy at Archery World this past Wednesday who is recovering from shooting himself in the hand with a .40. He was holding the gun by the barrel with his hand over the muzzle and dropped the gun on the striker. Nice big hole in his hand.  :yike:

I'm glad your friend didn't hurt himself of one of his family.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:41:01 AM »
Thanks for sharing. It happens to be a very simple mistake.....but could be oh so costly. I'm sure it happens much more than we hear about,  but rarely shared.

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 11:46:31 AM »
A local guy here not too long ago was trying to holster a 9mm in a Kydex holster on his right side. Didn't visually check if the holster was clear. When he tried to holster the handgun part of his tshirt was in the holster and caught the trigger through and through the right buttocks with a smoking fast +P hollow point hand load. Made a real mess of his bathroom.😊👍

He quick grabbed a change of clothes because he knew they would cut the ones he had off him at the  ER. He threw a garbage bag down in the car seat for the trip to the ER. Said it didn't hurt until he was almost to the hospital (15 min drive) by the time he got there he said it felt like a blow torch was being held to his hindend and he was squealing like a snake bit Girl Scout! Hahaha!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:59:02 AM by Biggerhammer »

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 11:52:55 AM »
I worked with a guy who had a 45lc do that. It jumped inside his skin and traveled out his foot......and it RUINED everything in between. He's crippled for life.

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 11:55:08 AM »
I worked with a guy who had a 45lc do that. It jumped inside his skin and traveled out his foot......and it RUINED everything in between. He's crippled for life.

DANG !!!

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
If the gun had been sitting for a long time, I wonder if the round in the chamber had picked up moisture or something that compromised it's performance.  I'm surprised that even a .32 couldn't do more than lightly dent a plywood door from 5 yards. 

The powder must have gone bad, that bullet looks pretty pristine for a round hitting a a door and not going  through it.

Glad he is OK
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »
I met a guy at Archery World this past Wednesday who is recovering from shooting himself in the hand with a .40. He was holding the gun by the barrel with his hand over the muzzle and dropped the gun on the striker. Nice big hole in his hand.  :yike:

I have to call BS on that guys story. All modern striker fired guns have drop safeties, its virtually impossible for the gun to go off without the trigger being pulled. When the trigger is pulled on a striker fired gun, the trigger actually finishes cocking the gun, then it moves the block out of the way just before releasing to hit the primer.

I think this guy was either showing off or doing something else but that trigger was pulled and his hand was in front of it. he's just not wanting to admit it. :chuckle:
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter.

Offline Yondering

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 10:07:33 AM »

I have to call BS on that guys story. All modern striker fired guns have drop safeties, its virtually impossible for the gun to go off without the trigger being pulled. When the trigger is pulled on a striker fired gun, the trigger actually finishes cocking the gun, then it moves the block out of the way just before releasing to hit the primer.

I think this guy was either showing off or doing something else but that trigger was pulled and his hand was in front of it. he's just not wanting to admit it. :chuckle:

Kinda sounds more like Glock hand, with the guy changing his story to seem less dumb. "Dropped the gun on the striker" doesn't make sense, since the striker is internal. "Dropped the striker" (i.e. pulled the trigger) is more like it, which you have to do in order to remove the slide from a Glock.

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 02:37:50 PM »

Kinda sounds more like Glock hand, with the guy changing his story to seem less dumb. "Dropped the gun on the striker" doesn't make sense, since the striker is internal. "Dropped the striker" (i.e. pulled the trigger) is more like it, which you have to do in order to remove the slide from a Glock.
Agreed.
That has Glock written all over it.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »
I've been witness to a near miss "Glock hand" train wreck. Glock 23's are extremely loud in confined  spaces.

Not quite as pulse raising as a 40mm grenade ND in a Bradley.😡
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 07:44:49 PM by Biggerhammer »

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 05:47:32 PM »
No quite as pulse raising as a 40mm grenade ND in a Bradley.😡

I bet someones a$$ got kicked over that, LOL
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 07:44:18 PM »
No quite as pulse raising as a 40mm grenade ND in a Bradley.😡

I bet someones a$$ got kicked over that, LOL

HUUUUUGE‼️

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]