collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Garmin Rhino 700 series  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Garmin Rhino 700 series
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:26 PM »
The cell phone gps works without service.  You just need to download the area map before you get there.
Same with birdseye. You select area you want to predownload.

Offline CarbonHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, WSB
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 10:26:20 AM »
I just received my 755t a couple of days ago.  Love it so far.  No field use yet.

Have you used your radio in the field yet?  Cabelas has them on sale right now and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.

Also, has anyone used the Garmin in reach?  Wife wants me to get one for when I'm hunting alone this year so she can text me and track me.

Offline 762Armo

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »
I just received my 755t a couple of days ago.  Love it so far.  No field use yet.

Have you used your radio in the field yet?  Cabelas has them on sale right now and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.

Also, has anyone used the Garmin in reach?  Wife wants me to get one for when I'm hunting alone this year so she can text me and track me.

That's crazy. Pretty good discount on the 755t but the 750 price stayed the same and is now more expensive then the 755t. Makes me laugh.

Offline CarbonHunter

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 02:45:40 PM »

That's crazy. Pretty good discount on the 755t but the 750 price stayed the same and is now more expensive then the 755t. Makes me laugh.

Typical Cabelas, you have to watch them.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
I had Birdeye for my 655t a few years ago.  I loved it.  You download the Sat pics on unit before ya go out in field.  It helps find the little meadow or saddle etc.  Its basic google earth stuff.  Mapping your tracks and such on it or planning a trip with waypoints in a brand new area is nice with it too.  I don't use it now but might again someday.  Also the camera is a great feature.  I use it to geotag instead of marking/naming waypoints n such.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 04:03:38 PM »
I upgrade to the 750 this year and it is far superior to the 530 and 600 series.  The 600 series had a clunky touch screen interface.  750 is drastically improved, although I haven't had the opportunity to use it in the rain or snow.  The 530's I have still work, but are getting so beat up that the electric circuitry is starting to have shorts.

Offline CarbonHunter

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 07:01:25 PM »
Well I just gave in and bought the 755t.  The last couple of years my 530 has been going blank on the screen in cold weather so I shouldn't have to worry about that this year.

I also gave into momma and bought an Inreach so she can text message and track me when I'm in Idaho so hopefully she'll worry less. Just what I needed, another monthly payment with fees from the government.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal