collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi season question  (Read 3097 times)

Offline bighorn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Multi season question
« on: June 02, 2017, 10:53:22 AM »
My boy drew a multi season elk tag. Then we put in for a modern rifle special permit for the toutle. Since we put in for modern if he did draw that permit would he just be able to hunt modern there. Confused.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Multi season question
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 10:55:43 AM »
Nope he can hunt all seasons until he uses his tag in any season. 

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »
He can hunt any open OTC season with the weapon limitations including hunting MF with a bow if he wanted.

As previous post said,  if he shoots a cow in archery season then he would be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »
After he drew the permit, did he purchase the multi-season tag? If so then he can hunt all general seasons.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Roperfive88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 12:26:13 PM »
My boy drew a multi season elk tag. Then we put in for a modern rifle special permit for the toutle. Since we put in for modern if he did draw that permit would he just be able to hunt modern there. Confused.

Are you asking if he would be able to hunt the archery and muzzleloader special permit season? If so no, you would be able to hunt all general seasons and the special permit season that he drew.

Also, like said above he can only kill one elk.

Did you already purchase the multi season tag?

Offline bighorn1

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 12:30:10 PM »
We put in for toutle as a special permit he has eighteen points so just wondered if he had put in for modern and did get drawn if he could only use modern.

Offline Opportunist

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 11:01:48 PM »
If he draws Toutle modern elk permit that is the only permit season he can hunt in that unit, no archery or muzzle permit season in the toutle. With the multi tag he can hunt General seasons of all weapons. I think this is what you are asking.

The first few years of the multi season tags guys were drawing special permits and hunting all of the permit seasons for that unit because they thought they could since they had the multiseason tag also. The regs cleared this up at one time because this was happening.
"Deer season is just a scouting trip for my next elk hunt"

Offline Elknut1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 06:55:30 AM »
Nonetheless, congrats to your son on drawing a tag!

ElkNut1

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 08:21:50 AM »
If he draws Toutle modern elk permit that is the only permit season he can hunt in that unit, no archery or muzzle permit season in the toutle. With the multi tag he can hunt General seasons of all weapons. I think this is what you are asking.

The first few years of the multi season tags guys were drawing special permits and hunting all of the permit seasons for that unit because they thought they could since they had the multiseason tag also. The regs cleared this up at one time because this was happening.
I belive u but how do u know people were doing that if they drew one of the tags?

Offline Opportunist

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:29 AM »
Good friend of mine had a rifle Margaret tag the first year of the multiseason tags. He ran into another hunter that was after the same bull, they were bs'ing and he was telling my buddy how he had almost got him during archery season, he told my buddy since he had the multiseason tag he could hunt all the permit seasons. My friend was confused so he called wdfw and was told he wasn't the first to call them about this situation and the next year in the regs it was clarified about what the tag afforded you.
"Deer season is just a scouting trip for my next elk hunt"

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 12:01:43 PM »
correct me if I am wrong, but the special permit that you actually carry on you while hunting, specifies the dates for the hunt.  (I've only drawn, and held cow tags though  :chuckle: )

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »
correct me if I am wrong, but the special permit that you actually carry on you while hunting, specifies the dates for the hunt.  (I've only drawn, and held cow tags though  :chuckle: )

Exactly! So it doesn't make sense that someone would be confused and think that a multi season tag allows them to hunt during times other than what is specified on the permit. Just wishful thinking I suppose.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal