collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: APP Update! (ElkNut)  (Read 6846 times)

Offline Elknut1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
Re: APP Update! (ElkNut)
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »
John, check now, it should/better be in your email????? (grin) Let us know! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 02:41:13 PM »
Just got it. I have a meeting to go to, so I can't do anything immediately but will later tonight or in the AM. Thanks Paul.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline LeviD1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: Evergreen Archery, Spokane Rifle Club, RMEF
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 09:11:38 PM »
I got a question. Can I have the app free? :dunno:

Offline Elknut1

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 06:07:13 AM »
LeviD1, the beta testing part of the APP was free to those that signed up for it previously, it is no longer available, we are full. They received 5 elk sounds with short video clips on how the specific sound is made & then a detailed explanation on its use by the elk & by us hunters. There's also 2 clips on mouth reed use & how to select the proper reed per individual & where it's placed in ones mouth for best positioning!

The actual LIVE version of the APP will include more sounds & info on June 1st. It can be purchased then for 4.99 from the APP Store on ones Iphone or Android. The APP will have volumes of info as it moves forward! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 06:28:05 AM »
I really like the simplicity of the app, the wild sounds, the explanations. I can't wait to see the full version when you release it, Paul. Thanks so much for asking us to be part of this project.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline BDildine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.dildine
  • Groups: TSC,, NRA Life, RMEF, PF
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 11:16:20 AM »
LeviD1, the beta testing part of the APP was free to those that signed up for it previously, it is no longer available, we are full. They received 5 elk sounds with short video clips on how the specific sound is made & then a detailed explanation on its use by the elk & by us hunters. There's also 2 clips on mouth reed use & how to select the proper reed per individual & where it's placed in ones mouth for best positioning!

The actual LIVE version of the APP will include more sounds & info on June 1st. It can be purchased then for 4.99 from the APP Store on ones Iphone or Android. The APP will have volumes of info as it moves forward! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
will be waiting to purchase, sounds like its a good app, and would probably be super beneficial to a newbie elk hunter like myself

Offline Elknut1

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 05:52:02 AM »
Yes, this APP will be an excellent source for you to consider! It no doubt will help you out immensely! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

Offline northwesthunter84

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »
Any update on the Android beta version. I'm getting nervous that I missed something as my last email is from the 12th after submitting the questionnaire. Thank you.

Sean

Offline Elknut1

• Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 05:09:28 AM »
Sean, an email was supposed to go out yesterday to Android users? Can you please check your junk/spam folder to see. Emails are not from me, they are from an outside source building the APP, it could also have an Apple heading, if so read before deleting! (grin) Let us know if you received this email, thanks bud!

ElkNut/Paul

Offline Reidus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 08:53:54 AM »
I got an email this morning for the Android download. Works fine so far. Haven't had much chance to play with it so far.

Pretty cool so far! Can't imagine if i'd had something like this 10 years ago!

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »
I received the email this morning, super excited to check this out when I get out of work today. Thank you ElkNut for the quick response.

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2017, 09:14:26 PM »
Ok so I ran through the app after work. Awesome info and super easy to use. I will be downloading the full thing once it is available. As said by others a huge thank you to Paul for putting this together and letting us in on the beta testing.

Offline Reidus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2017, 10:05:14 PM »
"If you can brush your teeth with a toothbrush, you're a good candidate for using a mouth reed."

cool video on mouth reed selection. I think it will be a big help for those that could never figure out the mouth reeds.

Offline Elknut1

• Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 05:05:48 AM »
Thanks guys! Yes, the real APP will have much more & grow like nothing you've seen! No kidding, this APP will be packed solid for putting elk on the ground! Thanks!

Reid, elk already fear you! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul

Offline Elknut1

• Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2017, 07:32:35 AM »

Thanks again guys!

We certainly appreciate all your feedback thoughts sent to us. I'm surprised how many took advantage of this, very cool! We are going over all the ideas to make the APP more functional & easy to navigate. What's great is many here had identical feedback on some improvements that should help us & everyone else out. We are making those changes & the APP should be available to the public real soon now, I know I can't wait to see the final result & all the additions to more Sounds, Methods & Techniques that will follow in the weeks to come. By Sept there will be more info on this APP that will aid countless elk hunters all over the place. This APP will be one of a kind, you will see!

One thing that just came to mind as I'm writing is a feature we are adding to the explanation & use of each elk sound. Those of you who have the test portion have seen the detailed How, Where & When to these Sounds. At the bottom there will be what is called a "QUICK ACTION TIP" It will be highlighted in possibly red or green. This is for when hunters are in an actual encounter with a specific sound or method & are unsure how to handle it. This TIP spot will summarize the above paragraphs in short order when time is of the essence! This is an awesome addition!

Once APP is downloaded you will not need phone service to access it in the mountains, it will be there at your disposal!

ElkNut1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter