collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for Deer hunting lease  (Read 9115 times)

Offline LabChamp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Looking for Deer hunting lease
« on: May 11, 2017, 07:45:11 AM »
Looking for a quality mule deer hunting lease. Location or state is open to discussion, as are the lease fees on our end. Willing to pay as much as 3,000 for the right lease. Please send pm with any details

Willing to sign multi-year lease

Offline LabChamp

• Longhunter
Re: Looking for Deer hunting lease
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 07:28:28 AM »
Bump

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 07:38:11 AM »
Are you the same guy that put in an ad in the Methow Valley news looking for property to hunt?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline LabChamp

• Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 05:35:06 AM »
No, but sounds like I need to make a trip and start door knocking. This makes even finding a lease in this state seem difficult bc all the big guys are apparently putting adds in the newspapers tying up large tracts of land.

Theres got to be some landowner out there who wants 3k from 4 different guys... thats an extra 12k. We are responsible hunters who leave it better than we found it.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 06:09:12 AM »
Hunting leases are getting crazy in some locations.  In California where I was just at, one seat in a duck blind goes for $6,000 - $10,000 a season.   

Offline Kazekurt

• Scout
  • The trophy is in the hunt; the animal is a bonus!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 06:36:50 AM »
There are some guys in the Columbia basin who would probably work with you for 12k.

Offline LabChamp

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 06:48:19 AM »
Hunting leases are getting crazy in some locations.  In California where I was just at, one seat in a duck blind goes for $6,000 - $10,000 a season.

Ca is what WA is becoming. With all the high rollers on the westside, sadly itll never be the same as the good ol days.

Offline LabChamp

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 06:56:40 AM »
There are some guys in the Columbia basin who would probably work with you for 12k.

Id be willing to talk to them. 3k would be out of pocket max per person. In order for us to agree to terms like that, id have to see the property in person, see the pics of all/most deer harvested on the property for last 3 years, and have a deer management program in place (and on paper) where no deer are harvested until 3.5 years old minimum. If we are paying a trespass fee as high as some fully guided hunts, we want it to be worth it and are willing to work with the property owner(s) in all aspects of property management

Offline LabChamp

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 07:50:29 AM »
Willing to bump up to 4k for the right lease

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »

Id be willing to talk to them. 3k would be out of pocket max per person. In order for us to agree to terms like that, id have to see the property in person, see the pics of all/most deer harvested on the property for last 3 years, and have a deer management program in place (and on paper) where no deer are harvested until 3.5 years old minimum. If we are paying a trespass fee as high as some fully guided hunts, we want it to be worth it and are willing to work with the property owner(s) in all aspects of property management

I'd be surprised if a place like that actually exists in Washington. At least a place that is not being run by an outfitter.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline ELKBURGER

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 09:18:30 AM »

I'd be surprised if a place like that actually exists in Washington. At least a place that is not being run by an outfitter.
:yeah:I am working with a land owner who has a lot of smaller parcels spread all over. Problem is quality of bucks.... I too am working with owner to manage the deer and property but cannot do anything with the surrounding properties that are out of your control.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 09:23:30 AM »
4 guys hunting a lease for mule deer is going to be a big chunk of land.  If it is prime country I would think you would need at least 5,000 acres minimum to have a quality hunt.  I would think you would want it bigger than that if possible.

What are your thoughts on acreage that you need?
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline LabChamp

• Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »

I agree but its worth taking a shot. We have the genetics in this state to produce world class deer if we can shore up enough area to keep young deer from getting shot every year.

Offline LabChamp

• Longhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 11:30:13 AM »

:yeah:I am working with a land owner who has a lot of smaller parcels spread all over. Problem is quality of bucks.... I too am working with owner to manage the deer and property but cannot do anything with the surrounding properties that are out of your control.

The key is finding a remote enough piece of property that doesnt have public road running on all edges. Then having a good management plan in place is the next cog. All lease members and property owners have to be commited. So many deer get popped off of private property in this state its stupid. Father inlaw had one shot in his backyard while he was in his kitchen

Offline LabChamp

• Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
4 guys hunting a lease for mule deer is going to be a big chunk of land.  If it is prime country I would think you would need at least 5,000 acres minimum to have a quality hunt.  I would think you would want it bigger than that if possible.

What are your thoughts on acreage that you need?

8 to 10k would be optimal but if we have to break up into 2 groups of 2 we can. Smaller leases would become our second option

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]