collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Issues while purchasing tags?  (Read 12669 times)

Offline beav1980

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Issues while purchasing tags?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 04:58:45 PM »
I bought all mine online and special permits.  Got all.my correct tags and everything in the mail 7 days later.  Worked great for me 😁

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »
Jimmer and luv2hunt,       When the draw system changed to multiple categories years ago, that's when you received points in those categories . Everyone did, this new system allows you to see them is all.

Why would I receive points for 65 and older when I'm only 51?
It happened in 2010 when the multiple categories were implemented. Someone with 10 elk points got 10 points in all the elk categories,  as an example.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Online Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 07:37:00 AM »
I purchased and submitted all of my special permit apps except for Qbull which I will be pairing up with a buddy on. There were no issues throughout the process. I am finding that I like the new system. Atleast until the "not selected" shows up anyway.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 07:40:28 AM »
I had no issues at all purchasing and submitting. From my personal experience, I like the new system. Reading all these weird quirks makes me a little uneasy, especially the 10 moose permit applications for 1 person.
Fingers crossed everything works out ok. I can't wait to see how many people blame the new system when they don't draw.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 09:11:05 AM »
System worked well for me and my son.  Good luck everyone.

Offline LeviD1

• Scout
  • Groups: Evergreen Archery, Spokane Rifle Club, RMEF
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 09:28:16 PM »
Update on my tag extravaganza! So Monday I called fish and wildlife as the dealer told me I would need to do. After telling the guy my issues and him looking everything up for 20 minutes (after holding for almost 20 minutes) 40 total. I was told I needed to go back to the dealer to have them cancel my tags and give me new ones. Also the $10 charges my wife and I had he could not do anything about because I didn't save my confirmation number (last time I don't do that) and there is no way for them to look me up in the old system only if I had my confirmation #, wtf that's bs if you ask me. Even though all of our tags are literally a minute difference in me submitting them he accused me of not clicking submit on both our elk tags which it just crap. I go why would I not click submit only for elk tags out of all the tags I reported...... he says I don't know that's wierd though because our systems were tested multiple times without failiers so it's not our system..... screw you fish and wildlife... I go back to the dealer and they have to call fish and wildlife to fix it as the previous person I had talked to instructed. I spent 45 minutes there.... dealer talked to 2 different wildlife people, neither of them communicating well for what the issue was till finally I said give me the damn phone and I talked to them and basically fixed it myself at the store..... wtf. Very disappointed in our system and state. I should bill the state for 2 hours of labor and fuel to drive back to the dealer. I will be ordering tags online next year because the first guy I talked to said if I had done that he could fix my tags for me but since I bought them at a dealer I needed to go there.... dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. It's all computerised!

Offline LeviD1

• Scout
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 09:45:06 PM »
I just read the harvest report thread. Clicked the link. Said a telephone survey was performed to hunters who did not submit a report. Looks like I'm calling back tomorrow because my wife or I never received one so they obviously had reports I did! They better keep proof of calling, I'm getting my damn money back! If they don't then I am still in the right!

Offline DWP

• Hunter
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 10:20:11 PM »
I received both my Deer and Elk tags with no Weapon choice stated, and elk doesn't have which Eat/West stated. 

I can't submit my apps because of it.  I know I selected Modern for both and East for Elk,  but I guess it didn't go thru.
Hopefully I don't have to pay a dealer fee to have it fixed

The same thing happened to me...    I emailed WDFW and received a call the next business day. They straightened it all out on the phone, and a few hours later I received an email letting me know that I had purchased my transport tags (again!!!). That allowed me to submit my Special Hunt apps.

By my experience I'd say WDFW is aware of the BS that is happening. How easily someone can resolve their problem probably depends on the person that you get in contact with at WDFW...

Good luck to all that have been having issues. DO NOT wait to contact WDFW if you are having a problem...

Online Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 10:57:18 PM »
I purchased and submitted all of my special permit apps except for Qbull which I will be pairing up with a buddy on. There were no issues throughout the process. I am finding that I like the new system. Atleast until the "not selected" shows up anyway.

So my buddy created a group app for our Qbull tags as the leader. He added my wild ID and my app was automatically added. Just checked to verify, all looks good! I like it!  :tup:

Good luck to all in the draws this year! I hope the issues some are dealing with don't hinder anyones chances!
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »
Bought and submitted my two kids and myself for everything we could, went flawless.  I really like the new system, much easier to use than the old one or going to the store and standing in line for an hour while someone punches on a screen and can't find stuff.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2017, 04:12:57 PM »
Man you either love the new system or hate it, it's amazing how well it goes for some and how bad for others?!  After fixing my dads mess I'm curios to see how mine goes, the lady from Wdfw said if I notice any odd things while I'm buying my apps to back out and start over.  Obviously the system has bugs, hopefully these are just growing pains and it's smooth as silk next year.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2017, 08:45:51 PM »
hopefully these are just growing pains and it's smooth as silk next year.

Start holding your breath. :chuckle:

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline HoofsandWings

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
  • RETIRED
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2017, 09:12:19 PM »
I purchased all of my tags in January. It was smooth.
When I opened the envelope, I was missing a deer tag and window permit. I emailed and they sent me the missing items.
For me, everything has been smooth.
Gathering is easy. Hunting is a challenge.
WSF, WCA, RMEF, Rooster Booster, NWTF, NRA

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:14 PM »
 I'm curious to know how many extra moose permits were purchased before they fixed it.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline LeviD1

• Scout
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2017, 09:39:55 PM »
Talked to a different person today to try and get my late reporting fee back. Same answer can't do it without the verification code yet admitted there were people who could look my information up in the old system, after admitting that he then changed his answer back to they still needs to code for that person to look up my history even though they could look me up..... and then he just stopped talking really. Basically just bsing me around. WA is just a bunch of thieves.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:00:45 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]