collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: unit 117  (Read 2099 times)

Offline FWilliams

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
unit 117
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »
Hunting spring bear in colville national forest within the cusik survival training area designation. Legal? No?.  I talked to 3 different organizations today and got 3 different answers. Anyone have any insight on this issue?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:10:43 PM by FWilliams »

Offline high country

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: unit 117
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:24:27 AM »
It's always been legal on the nf ground.....with that said, there's some orv park area and private that are off limits. That area gets a LOT of traffic and in my opinion you would be saving frustration by moving a few miles in any direction. Nothing like getting your stalk blown by another human out  recreating.

Offline Expedition Scout

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »
Hunting spring bear in colville national forest within the cusik survival training area designation. Legal? No?.  I talked to 3 different organizations today and got 3 different answers. Anyone have any insight on this issue?

The cusick survival training area is closed to all hunting except for special draw hunts.
"By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent"

Offline FWilliams

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 08:17:55 PM »

The cusick survival training area is closed to all hunting except for special draw hunts.

That's what I was told.. Another guy was told the Parker lake closure only rest of it was  open. And yet another was told his spring tag WAS a special draw hunt .some of us with this tag met up in colville on Thursday for a bite to eat and a couple of cold ones.these were the different stories we heard from different agencies

Offline Expedition Scout

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 09:20:27 PM »
The Parker Lake closure is the Cusick Survival School area. It starts at the power lines on Tacoma Creek road and follows the road up around Timber Mtn and down Ruby Creek road, back to the power lines and returning to Tacoma Creek. It is a hunting closure for everything, all year round, except for 2 Moose tags ML, 2 Moose tags Archery, and 5 deer tags for archery and ML each on a special draw hunt.

Hope that helps. The Parker Lake Closure is listed in the back of the hunting regulations. 
"By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent"

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal