collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New trail cam  (Read 2254 times)

Offline jtrammell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
New trail cam
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:43:13 PM »
I'm in the market for a new trail camera. Looking for more than "hey get........)

If you don't mind, post a pic that your trail cam has taken and please put the model of it.

Offline Wolfdog2314

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Re: New trail cam
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:35:03 PM »

First pic is off a browning recon force. Probably my most favorite camera. Easy to use. Great pics night and day. Easy to use. I had last checked it last October 30th, picked it up last week, it had lasted until about a month ago when a bear tore it off the tree. Pretty sure it was under snow for a couple months too.

Second pic is off a Bushnell trophy cam. Probably your best value for what you get. In my opinion. It's a great mid grade camera. Not a cheapy, but still not top of the line. I'd rather have two cheaper ones than one nice one. I have more of these than any other.

This is a cheaper camera. Primos 35. Good cameras. Easiest to use. Great battery life. Less quality picture. Depends if you want high quality pictures or just want to know what's running around.

Midway has been having some good sales lately on cams. Check CamoFire on tuesdays too. Amazon normally has the Bushnells for decent prices too.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Buck Rub Jr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »
First- 14MP Trophy Cam
Second- 8?MP Trophy Cam
Third- Moultrie A-30

Stealth cam is in the mail, ordered from camo fire last week. Have a wild game innovations that I have yet to set out this year as well. The two trophy cams and moultrie have been great. Just make sure to check that your SD card is good first! I just wasted two weeks because my SD card was bad right out of the box and didn't test it before I set it up and left. Oh well.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:31:21 AM by Buck Rub Jr »
They is where you aint and you aint where they is.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 05:12:23 AM »
Maybe you should try the trail cam review on the internet it will show you examples of the pictures taken with each model along with trigger speed , etc. I have been doing trail cams since they first came out and trail cam review has pretty much been dead on.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:26:15 AM by Skyvalhunter »
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline BA Mongor

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 07:29:07 AM »
That deer pic is very Bad Azz !

Offline jtrammell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:47:02 AM »
Maybe you should try the trail cam review on the internet it will show you examples of the pictures taken with each model along with trigger speed , etc

Because I rather see actual pictures from actual people. I'm not interested in online reviews that could show favoritism.

Offline HunterofWA

• Scout
    • Aery Drone Photos
  • Groups: Huntersofwashington
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 03:35:33 PM »
The pictures I posted recently were taken with the Primos bullet proof cam 02. I have two and they work pretty well. Check around on Ebay and you can sometimes find them cheap. I got one of mine for $40.
...suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope...

YT | @pnw_offgrid

Offline Kit Carson

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, WSTA, NTA
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:18:17 PM »
One thing I have noticed recently that really matters is the available trigger speed(s). If if is not sufficient for the travel speed of the critters ur trying to get pics of, then you are going to get a lot of blank photos and pics of a buck's butt. I bought some cheap cams and that's what I was getting :twocents:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal