collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: AKC Yellow (FOX RED) Puppies  (Read 24992 times)

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
AKC Yellow (FOX RED) Puppies
« on: May 22, 2017, 08:23:45 PM »
Good evening, Mother's Day our lovely lab gave birth. The litter was planned as our male is getting older and the plan was to have one litter for a pup for us and a few friends who have hunted with our dogs as asked for a pup someday. WELL, we were doing good at 6 but the litter got much bigger. We have a bunch of little pups and while a few are spoken for we will have others to sell(both males and females). I will get some pics up soon of both parents and the pups. Both parents come from pointing and hunting lines. Both parents have and will point but I have never trained them or worked with them to develop the ability.
    We are not breeders this is a one time breeding, our female will be fixed when we are done with this litter as not to cause additional stress on our male (or the one we keep). Our old male does not eat and loses weight everytime she comes into heat, twice a year for the last two years is enough  :chuckle:.
   Both parents are AKC registered, both have eyes (clear of notable inherited problems) hips (Father and mother both: Good), elbows (Father and mother both: Normal). Both parents tested EIC free. Since testing has changed so much in recent years we had the entire Labrador panel run on the mother from Paw Print genetics and those results are available to interested parties. We did our homework to produce good pups (just not this many  :yike:).

Offline Birdguy

• Frontiersman
Re: AKC Yellow (FOX RED) Puppies
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:40:49 PM »
Prices will be $800-1000. We are located on the Kitsap Peninsula just north of Gig Harbor. There are a couple guys on here that have pups form our male (previous breeding from Morgan's Point Labs)and I hope they will add their comments and experience. Pic are coming but the computer is winning at the moment  :chuckle:.

Offline Old Dog

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Old Dog
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 10:23:22 PM »
Congratulations!!  Is this Ruby's litter?
Hunt hard and shoot straight!

Offline Birdguy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »
Thanks Larry! Yes, it is Ruby and our male Bart.

Offline Birdguy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »
The puppies

Offline Birdguy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
A few more. Puppies, dad, and mom.

Online The100Road

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • https://m.facebook.com/Rowdengamecalls/
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 08:01:58 PM »
Beautiful looking pups

Offline Birdguy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 08:11:15 PM »
Thank you! We love em. Best part is they become great dogs like most labs  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline mossyoak arrow slinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 08:28:18 PM »
The family and I are so excited to meet our new pup. We are very thankful that this is happening especially since we told ourselves that we would never own a dog. But after we found out Bart and Ruby were having puppies, we got our name on the list immediately. I have never seen a dog hunt/please like Bart. I have seen him cover an entire run by himself and never miss a blade of grass.  This dog is so athletic it's unreal, he can be hunting In the cattails and he will do a 4' vertical jump to see where you are at and where he needs to push towards.  I have seen Bart point and hold the point till you release him, fetch out of the water and obey every order give to him.   I know a lot of this is in training of the dog but there is also something in his genes and I can't pass that up.  Not to mention Ruby is an outstanding listener and very intelligent. We knew we couldn't go wrong with these two as parents.

As birdguy stated above Bart has bred with some of the Morgan's point ranch Dams and they are very picky on who they breed with which is saying a lot. 

This will be our first family dog and we are so anxious to add one of these awesome pups! Keep the pictures coming! If you are looking for a family dog or a hunting companion then   get your name on one of these pups. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DeerHarvester

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 07:36:21 AM »
We have a female from one of Bart's litters they Morgan's. she is by far the best dog we have ever owned.  She is very mellow when around the family, but turns into a crack head at the first smell of birds.  Very natural pointing ability.  I wish we could take another pup from Birdguy but our plate is full with 2 dogs and 2 little kids running around.  If your looking for a lab stop looking. Those will be some great dogs for sure!!!!
Will hunt for food.

Offline Birdguy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 10:43:06 AM »
Thanks guys, won't be long before you and the fam are over to check these little guys out slinger  :tup:. Maybe one evening this week or next weekend??
      Deer Harvester, we know how busy you are with the little ones...wife says she will take one off you hands for a bit....better yet trade straight across for a couple puppies  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:. Hope to see you guys next month when we are over your way.

Offline LabChamp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »
How many and what gender are available

Offline Birdguy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 09:57:09 PM »
At the moment it appears the males are sold, spoken for maybe a better way of saying it (we take no money or until the pup is delivered), and we have 6 females still available. Thank you for asking I likely should have had a tally going for general information from the beginning.

Offline mossyoak arrow slinger

• Scout
AKC Yellow (FOX RED) Puppies
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 04:10:31 PM »
Thanks guys, won't be long before you and the fam are over to check these little guys out slinger  :tup:. Maybe one evening this week or weekend

Sounds great to me.  I will let the kids know they need to be patient and hold off a few more days.  They are getting pretty excited to see them.  Just get a hold of me when the time is good for you guys. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:44:43 PM by mossyoak arrow slinger »

Offline Birdguy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 10:49:38 PM »
Growing.....and sleeping!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal