collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 117 skunked  (Read 2438 times)

Offline wooltie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
117 skunked
« on: May 26, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »
Well, last weekend I went to 117 Friday afternoon through Monday morning.  First time hunting the unit and haven't scouted, except for google.  Plenty of grass down low but barely any grass at 5000'.  Roads were not an issue.  Neither were ticks. 

Found one area where a bear was living based upon the piles of poop everywhere.  Waited in that area for a few days but he never showed up.

Good luck to anyone else hunting 117.

Also, I might go back one last time in June, so if anyone is willing to share some information I'd gladly appreciate the PM. 

Thanks.  wooltie

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: 117 skunked
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »
The grass is just starting to grow in the higher elevations, it should be better hunting up high in June. We've been killing all our bear at lower elevations so far. :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline wooltie

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 02:33:56 PM »
We covered a lot of ground. 90% of the sign was in the timber. Barely any in the open areas.

Offline FWilliams

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
Wife and I just got back the other day. we saw 1 small female with cub. and passed on a average sized chocolate phase. I have  a place rented over there for the rest of the season and am headed back over after the holiday as I just didn't want to deal with all the people . I will send you a PM on some areas we were in just in case you make it back over.

Offline bighorn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 04:19:43 PM »
How long does that season last I thought it was over may 31 for my alladin permit.

Offline tracksoup

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »
I'm headed to 117 in the morning for a couple days with my son who has the tag. Hopefully he can get his first bear. Weather looks good. Got a few areas marked on the map that hopefully produce. Good luck to you others!

Offline FWilliams

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 10:12:45 PM »
How long does that season last I thought it was over may 31 for my alladin permit.

believe its june 15th for all the units

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal