collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bear bow age?  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
Bear bow age?
« on: May 31, 2017, 12:13:47 AM »
First things first, missed you guys.. Havent really been active for awhile and I apologize for that if it's worth anything.
Anyhow, I was reading some articles on bear bows and it kinda peaked my interest on the age of my bow..
Pretty sure it's fairly new but I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyone actually knows they're stuff. I found some guides on how to date them but still kind of all over the place. I'll post a few photos on what's needed to tell.
I got this thing last year and have been nothing but absolutely head over heels for it.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:19:49 AM by Smossy »
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline Cab

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Bear bow age?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 09:10:17 AM »
Its a modern bow, in 78' Bear moved all manufacturing to Gainsville. I'm guessing it's maybe fairly new best on how clean and good shape its in. Love bear bows, love collecting them and especially some of the old ones. If you enjoy them keep your eye out for early and mid 60's Kodiaks they're some of the nicest bows you can buy.

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
Re: Bear bow age?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:29:18 PM »
Yeah I used to have a hoyt but I've got a sweet spot for bear bows now. Def want to add to the collection and get more traditional style. I've have two bear compounds and just the one recurve. Don't nwed anymore compounds. The bow looks new, I got it "new" but discounted because it had a few scuffs. No biggy. I'll keep an eye out for some of those Kodiaks.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal