collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Puyallup river  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Jharstad7182

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • A family that hunts together stays together
Puyallup river
« on: June 11, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »
So the 2017 2018 fishing rules are posted online. And it's a pink year and I check the rules on the puyallup and it states closed aug 15 -aug 31 (sundays) and sept 1 -oct 31 (sundays Monday's Tuesday's) so does that mean we can't fish except those days or we can fish except those days I'm confused. Any clarification would be cool
I eat wild game therefore I eat the definition of organic. It's like rockett fuel for the soul.

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
Re: Puyallup river
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:54:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure that means those are tribal fishing days then we fish W-S
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Online Old Man Yager

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, PRHAA
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:15:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure that means those are tribal fishing days then we fish W-S
that's what it's been in the past.
My Dad always said, " Get a bigger hammer "

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 02:41:02 PM »
 When do the pinks run? Trying to get up there the third week in July

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:22:56 PM »
pinks are more of an August thing.  The run projection is way down from previous years.  I don't chase them in the river anymore, way more fun in the salt.
I know I've lost it, let me know if you come across it

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 11:48:32 AM »
Unless I missed something, the new regs mention nothing about the extra 2 Pinks.. on any of the rivers.. That means you can only get 2 instead of the usual 4.. I wrote the game dept to get clarification and see if it was a mistake, but havnt heard back from them yet.

Offline shadowless_nite

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 04:53:09 PM »
Unless I missed something, the new regs mention nothing about the extra 2 Pinks.. on any of the rivers.. That means you can only get 2 instead of the usual 4.. I wrote the game dept to get clarification and see if it was a mistake, but havnt heard back from them yet.

Not a mistake.... 2015 run projection was 6 million for the sound.... this year is a whopping 1.2 mil or something like that for the whole sound, with the Puyallup getting the bulk. I  was really looking forward to this run and these numbers  got me really bummed about it. As well as the crappy schedule which leaves me only Saturdays to target fish and its a 2 hour drive. Honestly not even worth it for me.  :dunno:

Online highside74

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »
Driving 2 hours for pinks is crazy. Even if it is 4 fish. You are a dedicated dude.

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 05:07:40 PM »

Not a mistake.... 2015 run projection was 6 million for the sound.... this year is a whopping 1.2 mil or something like that for the whole sound, with the Puyallup getting the bulk. I  was really looking forward to this run and these numbers  got me really bummed about it. As well as the crappy schedule which leaves me only Saturdays to target fish and its a 2 hour drive. Honestly not even worth it for me.  :dunno:

Where do you live that there aren't better fishing opportunities closer to home?  Pretty much any direction 2 hours from Puyallup has better opportunities that time of year!
I know I've lost it, let me know if you come across it

Offline BigGoonTuna

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 04:00:35 AM »
i've said it before, all those freak humpy runs the past 10+ years have really gotten people spoiled.  there's guys freaking out that we don't get bonus limits on the nisqually this year, i remember when you had to release the things for years there(not that many people wanted to keep them back in those days).

we're probably headed back into a cycle of more "normal" runs for the slimers.
you can still get gas in heaven, and a drink in kingdom come,
in the meantime, i'll be cleaning my gun

Offline shadowless_nite

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 05:24:40 PM »

Where do you live that there aren't better fishing opportunities closer to home?  Pretty much any direction 2 hours from Puyallup has better opportunities that time of year!

I'm in Vancouver, but enjoyed it just for the experience. There is no run here that will convince my wife to throw waders on and grab a pole and go fishing until we went in 2015. She thought it was the coolest thing to be in the river with that many salmon popping up all over and bumping into her legs. I'm no salmon snob  so a trip up there is more for adventure and visiting other areas than it is solely for fishing. I wouldn't drive up 2 hours just for pinks and go home that's for sure.

Yeah, I know there's all sorts of opportunity down here, and while we do fish down here. We're just looking for adventure.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 03:42:17 PM »
If you go in late later in the Pink run, you have a good chance of picking up Silvers.
Wading through all the zombie pinks and all the garbage the pink crowds leave behind is the worst part.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU