collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Manson  (Read 20575 times)

Offline elkh8me

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
Re: Manson
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 07:36:46 PM »
West side,
Just a fair warning this guy can talk :chuckle:  congrats on the draw!

Offline grade-creek-rd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 10:53:03 AM »
elkh8me...ya, I talk because I hang out with you too much! :) on another note, I shot my Kimber on Sunday...recoils like a .223 (but the kids said it has a big whallop when it goes off!)

Grade
There's more to life than hunting...there's fishing too!

Offline westside Elkhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »
Grade sent ya a PM

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 08:39:29 AM »
Grade I did also
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline heavyhorned

• Tracker
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 11:30:01 AM »
Manson unit this year will be hard to fill unless you hold a early doe tag or a late any buck tag. so far i have only seen two legal bucks and both of them almost in town. the does have started dropping fawns but not very many twins. even the st. Andrews unit will be tuff. seeing few deer and have not seen one legal buck up there. i did see white tails in areas i have only seen mule deer,kinda odd. turkeys are showing up in alot more places now. mostly on privet land though. winter kill was high this year and fawn counts not so good. if your going to hunt Manson better plan alot of scouting. i have 3 trail cameras up and no pics of deer. did get some pics of turkeys. PS. if you plan on going out and scouting either carry a pistol or a pole. rattle snakes this year are very thick. grade creek road had 9 dead and saw three alive. 

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 09:06:09 AM »
Well, I got on a few groups of does totaling about 25-30 head. One forkey and one spike mixed in with them. A buck I had seen during scouting and was trying to find got killed opening afternoon by a very nice father and son team. Will be getting some cooler temperatures this weekend, hopefully will get some bucks moving!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »
how much of that area got burned.  I was afraid to go look

Offline cougforester

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »
how much of that area got burned.  I was afraid to go look
9k acres, pretty much the entire Safety Harbor drainage.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
ugh.   Thanks

Offline heavyhorned

• Tracker
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 09:39:23 AM »
i noticed the weather is supposed to take a big change this weekend. (10/20-10/22. hope it starts getting them to move. seen one two point and about 20 floppy ears. lots of camps with little hanging. talked to one group that were leaving on Tuesday and between three guys they seen 9 doe's one spike and a small two point. all of the deer that i have seen taken have been low near orchards or on privet lands. i did see on muley freek that Paul shot a brute of a buck on the south shore very low. i saw that buck last winter along the hwy.

Offline cougforester

• Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »
i noticed the weather is supposed to take a big change this weekend. (10/20-10/22. hope it starts getting them to move. seen one two point and about 20 floppy ears. lots of camps with little hanging. talked to one group that were leaving on Tuesday and between three guys they seen 9 doe's one spike and a small two point. all of the deer that i have seen taken have been low near orchards or on privet lands. i did see on muley freek that Paul shot a brute of a buck on the south shore very low. i saw that buck last winter along the hwy.

They probably were watching the same group I was then. And yeah supposed to get snow Saturday. Gonna be windy as hell tomorrow then be snowy and calm Saturday. Ought to be good! There's a big kitty problem below the Grade Creek road too. I've had three different cougars come through with regularity (about once every ten days or so) and haven't had any deer come by that camera since they started. Funny how that happens. Wouldn't mind sticking a tag on the tom.

Offline heavyhorned

• Tracker
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
humm funny met a guy sat mid day out at camp 4 along grade creek. he mentioned seeing a few cats on camera and see a bull moose in Antalon lake. might this be you? if so i was the guy with wife and daughter eating lunch after walking to the end of the mountain and back seeing a floppy eared doe.

Offline cougforester

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 10:17:49 AM »
humm funny met a guy sat mid day out at camp 4 along grade creek. he mentioned seeing a few cats on camera and see a bull moose in Antalon lake. might this be you? if so i was the guy with wife and daughter eating lunch after walking to the end of the mountain and back seeing a floppy eared doe.

Ha yep. That's me. Sent you a PM.

Offline Mulieman

• Tracker
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 08:22:20 AM »

They probably were watching the same group I was then. And yeah supposed to get snow Saturday. Gonna be windy as hell tomorrow then be snowy and calm Saturday. Ought to be good! There's a big kitty problem below the Grade Creek road too. I've had three different cougars come through with regularity (about once every ten days or so) and haven't had any deer come by that camera since they started. Funny how that happens. Wouldn't mind sticking a tag on the tom.
[/quote]

I saw a cougar hanging in a camp at Antillon Lake after opening weekend and heard there were 3 travelling together when they got that one.

Offline cougforester

• Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 09:12:48 AM »

I saw a cougar hanging in a camp at Antillon Lake after opening weekend and heard there were 3 travelling together when they got that one.
[/quote]

Well I had all three on camera at once. Crazy, did you hear roughly where it got shot?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]