collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chiwawa  (Read 18162 times)

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Chiwawa
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »
I've hunted Chiwawa a fair bit. I've killed deer there and a number of bears.  But, I've never hunted it late and would be asking for advice just like the OP had I drawn the same tag.

Online CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »
I always wanted to hunt the golf course.  I guess that’s not going to happen.

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2017, 12:50:41 PM »
Hope for snow and hunt the Entiat side.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »
 :yeah:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
I always wanted to hunt the golf course.  I guess that’s not going to happen.

Didn't know you were a deer hunter and the golf course isn't an easy spot to get to.

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »
I think he was referring to the golf course by the lake, some big critters hang out there I've been told.

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2017, 04:20:57 PM »
I wouldn't want to be known as an actual golf course hunter.

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2017, 10:38:20 PM »
Maybe there are some bad attitudes on here. However I would suggest to the OP that contributing to the forum has gotten me more help. 24 posts in 4 years and most of them just asking for information doesn't really seem like it's in the spirit of what a forum is supposed to be.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2017, 10:48:30 PM »
Maybe there are some bad attitudes on here. However I would suggest to the OP that contributing to the forum has gotten me more help. 24 posts in 4 years and most of them just asking for information doesn't really seem like it's in the spirit of what a forum is supposed to be.

I agree but I'd rather see his post ignored and soon it would be buried so far down that nobody would ever see it. Rather than comments that you need to know a unit intimately if you're going to apply for a special permit there. Or some people even think you should live in the same county. Ridiculous. People can apply for whatever they want, if they don't have a successful hunt, that's their problem. The ones that do bother me however, are the permits in areas that are nearly 100% private land. Those are the hunts that people shouldn't apply for unless they already have a plan for accessing the private land. But the Chiwawa is nearly all public land so nobody has any more right to hunt it than anybody else.

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2017, 10:51:41 PM »

I agree but I'd rather see his post ignored and soon it would be buried so far down that nobody would ever see it. Rather than comments that you need to know a unit intimately if you're going to apply for a special permit there. Or some people even think you should live in the same county. Ridiculous. People can apply for whatever they want, if they don't have a successful hunt, that's their problem. The ones that do bother me however, are the permits in areas that are nearly 100% private land. Those are the hunts that people shouldn't apply for unless they already have a plan for accessing the private land. But the Chiwawa is nearly all public land so nobody has any more right to hunt it than anybody else.
I get what you're saying.

Offline gls

• Tracker
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 07:04:10 AM »
Gentlemen, I understand and have found out the hard way your secret hunting areas are yours and I understand how cherished they are, I also know asking for advice from previous tag holders who may never draw this tag again is priceless information. I wish I could have known the area well but live on the Southwestern side of the state and my work schedule is very busy and I cannot come over every weekend to scout, I do plan on coming over this summer to drive the roads and learn them a bit. I did not plan on upsetting anyone or starting an argument,about whether or not one should apply for a tag, but people here on this site have been very helpful in the past for my son and I on our moose hunts, a wealth of information that guys were willing to pass on to help a guy out, I always tell people about this site for that very reason, so I understand if you do not want to share and you don't have to, but I also really appreciate all the help I can get and have received, I want to thank each and every one of you guys and also want to wish you the best on your hunts this coming year, sincerely, Gary

Offline Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2017, 05:45:13 PM »
Gentlemen, I understand and have found out the hard way your secret hunting areas are yours and I understand how cherished they are, I also know asking for advice from previous tag holders who may never draw this tag again is priceless information. I wish I could have known the area well but live on the Southwestern side of the state and my work schedule is very busy and I cannot come over every weekend to scout, I do plan on coming over this summer to drive the roads and learn them a bit. I did not plan on upsetting anyone or starting an argument,about whether or not one should apply for a tag, but people here on this site have been very helpful in the past for my son and I on our moose hunts, a wealth of information that guys were willing to pass on to help a guy out, I always tell people about this site for that very reason, so I understand if you do not want to share and you don't have to, but I also really appreciate all the help I can get and have received, I want to thank each and every one of you guys and also want to wish you the best on your hunts this coming year, sincerely, Gary

Cbeers!  :tup: Congrats and good luck with your tag!  How bout some moose pics?  :drool:
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Muleyslyr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2017, 07:51:31 PM »
Drawn the tag twice, have had four other family members draw as well over the years. I know this unit better than any other late hunt unit and reading thru all this crap is why I keep it to myself. Shame really. Some pathetic posts.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal