collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pearrygin 224 quality  (Read 14875 times)

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: Pearrygin 224 quality
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 08:08:55 AM »
Hi all.
        I was wondering if anyone out there has drawn the buck deer tag for the Perigan I did this year.If anyone has can they tell me a little about it it would b very helpful and apreaciated

I drew it and it and never filled it.  The whitetail I ended up seeing were all on private property near the river.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline MarcR76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: Nra
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 12:40:51 PM »
Sounds like it math b a tough hunt.Were u able to really hunt it hard and were u familiar with any of the unit.Ive never been up there so i need all the advice I can get and I apreciated the tidbit

Offline MarcR76

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: Nra
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »
Sounds like it math b a tough hunt.Were u able to really hunt it hard and were u familiar with any of the unit.Ive never been up there so i need all the advice I can get and I apreciated the tidbit
i do not recall saying anything out of line but yes I will definetly keep it a family matter and can u please point out to me what was said that as inaproptiate please so I know in the future thank u

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 02:16:32 PM »
my bad
I just saw your other post
good luck
whitetail are usually on private
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:30:25 PM by MADMAX »
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline H2Ofuzz

• Tracker
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 04:46:33 PM »
Any luck yet??

Offline elkpack

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Tracker
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 02:11:30 PM »
Probably about the worst year ever to draw, but maybe luck will be on your side.  I didn't even apply this year, it's that bad and I'm pretty sure I won't spend much time there with a camera other than for reminiscence sake, or time in old haunts.  It is still a good time to be in the woods and the chance of excitement....
Bone, looks like your prediction is holding true.  Have been hunting every day since the 8th and have only seen one potential shooter but couldnt get on him. Seeing a few bucks every day but nothing big.  Always good to be in the woods and as you said...a chance for excitement.  Still a few days left to make something happen.

Online 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 02:46:25 PM »
Persistence will pay off!!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »
Sometimes I hate being right.   Its really good country to spend the fall in.   Your resident biologist thinks you should be having extra luck because of a poor general season harvest.   Maybe his words will ring true.   Enjoy the last few days of your hunt.  There are still a few out there.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 04:44:29 PM »
Probably about the worst year ever to draw, but maybe luck will be on your side.  I didn't even apply this year, it's that bad and I'm pretty sure I won't spend much time there with a camera other than for reminiscence sake, or time in old haunts.  It is still a good time to be in the woods and the chance of excitement....
Bone, looks like your prediction is holding true.  Have been hunting every day since the 8th and have only seen one potential shooter but couldnt get on him. Seeing a few bucks every day but nothing big.  Always good to be in the woods and as you said...a chance for excitement.  Still a few days left to make something happen.

Hey elkpack, you have a great attitude under some not so "positive" of circumstances because of whats happened to this herd, but you know what, its just you and a few other fellas out there chasing muleys around with some cold weather and a little snow in gods country. Your seeing deer and a few bucks which is great. I agree with what bone said and I also agree with its "a good time to be in the woods and the chance of excitement".....I will add they aint all gone yet :tup:..good luck :tup:

Offline no.cen.wa

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 06:10:21 PM »
Good luck elkpack, I've been trying for 20 years myself for that tag, maybe next year? The game range used to be a great place to hunt, it's not the same anymore but in the past the WDFW would bring feed in, if it was a hard winter(after the season of course) most of the lucky  DRAW  hunters I talked to said "not to waste your time beating the brush," they just said keep driving and you'll see your buck. I think by the time I get drawn I'll be too old to beat the brush and won't be allowed to drive! 40 years ago you couldn't drive by the game range in the morning or evening without having to stop to let the deer cross the hiway. That is not a joke, very true. And from the sounds of it you might even get a look at a few wolves from the Loop Loop Pack! Don't shoot at them, you know, "they are protected"
Good luck, post a pic of your trophy!
John G

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »
Good luck elkpack, I've been trying for 20 years myself for that tag, maybe next year? The game range used to be a great place to hunt, it's not the same anymore but in the past the WDFW would bring feed in, if it was a hard winter(after the season of course) most of the lucky  DRAW  hunters I talked to said "not to waste your time beating the brush," they just said keep driving and you'll see your buck. I think by the time I get drawn I'll be too old to beat the brush and won't be allowed to drive! 40 years ago you couldn't drive by the game range in the morning or evening without having to stop to let the deer cross the hiway. That is not a joke, very true. And from the sounds of it you might even get a look at a few wolves from the Loop Loop Pack! Don't shoot at them, you know, "they are protected"
Good luck, post a pic of your trophy!
John G

no.cen.wa, if you get drawn for that tag(which you are do for!) you make sure to get ahold of me, between the two of us "old timers" we,ll find one of those big fellas of old, there might be one left, but there will be TWO of us :chuckle: :tup:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:50:52 PM by bigmacc »

Offline shootem

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »

[/quote]
Your report is exactly what my son and I are finding elkpack. He has the tag and hunted all but 2 days of the season. I have been here since the 9th. We are seeing a few deer everyday but only one potential shooter seen today that we couldn't get close enough too. Lots of hiking and glassing getting done. We are here for the duration. Still time to get it done. We are in a silver Ford F-150 SuperCrew with canopy. Stop and say hello if you pass by. Let us know if you bang something.

Offline shootem

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »
The top paragraph is a quote from elk packer. Don't know why it didn't highlight.

Offline H2Ofuzz

• Tracker
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »
Elk Packer and Shootem if you guys want some info on spots shoot me a PM and we can touch bases.

Offline elkpack

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Tracker
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 08:23:06 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys.  Enjoying the hunt and will make the best of it and keep hitting the hills and see what I can turn up.  Good luck to the other tag holders.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by pianoman9701
[Today at 08:57:54 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]