collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WOLF POPULATION CONTINUES TO SKYROCKET AND PAYOUTS FOR DOG DEATHS IS HIGHEST EVE  (Read 7767 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
WOLF POPULATION CONTINUES TO SKYROCKET AND PAYOUTS FOR DOG DEATHS IS HIGHEST EVER

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/wolf-population-continues-skyrocket-payouts-dog-deaths-highest-ever/

Offline RobT

• Pilgrim
This might sound like an ignorant comment (and maybe it is..), but I feel like if I lived in Wolf country I wouldn't be leaving my dog outside all the time.. or ever.. That being said I don't live in Wolf country, but I do keep my dog inside 99% of the time..

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
So would I if you really live in mexifornia....
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline tracksoup

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
You can leave your dog outside chained to a dog house in Alaska where wolves are managed. I'll just leave it at that

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
This might sound like an ignorant comment (and maybe it is..), but I feel like if I lived in Wolf country I wouldn't be leaving my dog outside all the time.. or ever.. That being said I don't live in Wolf country, but I do keep my dog inside 99% of the time..

"...which went primarily to bear hunters who run their dogs through territory also occupied by wolves."
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Frontiersman
So there is a out of control Wolf population, and the bear hunters get paid $2500 per dog.
Kind of seems rough on the dogs?
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
I consider my dog a member of the family.  If a wolf killed my dog there'd be a wolf jihad... law or no law.

Wife just told me I was wrong on this.  I may have to rethink things if I want to sleep inside.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:03:06 AM by Bill W »

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
Should houndsmen just stop their hunting and hounding heritage then? Most of us are aware that bringing back wolves (albeit larger and more diseased Canadian wolves), is a concentrated effort to end hunting. Nothing more, nothing less. They don't care about wildlife or they'd be concerned about the ungulates. If the houndsmen stop, these turds have achieved their goals.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Frontiersman
Didn't know bringing back species was to a concentrated effort to end hunting.
Thanks for the info!

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
There was a reason that wolves were eradicated from areas of civilization. Unfortunately we don't live in an age of reason anymore. This problem like all off the others that plague us in this modern PC age will never get resolved until reason returns.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
Thanks for the info!

You're welcome. All you have to do is look at the groups who've been pushing for and supporting it from the beginning. Then read their websites and their stances against hunting. HSUS, DOW, on and on. You didn't reall buy that this is about natural balance, did you? What a crock.

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Frontiersman
They should allow the Wolves to be thinned out.   

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
Thanks for the info!
Thanks for the info!

You're welcome. All you have to do is look at the groups who've been pushing for and supporting it from the beginning. Then read their websites and their stances against hunting. HSUS, DOW, on and on. You didn't reall buy that this is about natural balance, did you? What a crock.
Should houndsmen just stop their hunting and hounding heritage then? Most of us are aware that bringing back wolves (albeit larger and more diseased Canadian wolves), is a concentrated effort to end hunting. Nothing more, nothing less. They don't care about wildlife or they'd be concerned about the ungulates. If the houndsmen stop, these turds have achieved their goals.

To add to Pman's logic, why doesn't the WDFW protect the last handful of Mountain Caribou in NE washington?  The Caribou is on the ESA list, wolves are not.  Tell you what google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ESA+selkirk+mountain+caribou    and tell me if you see anything on the first page from WDFW regarding Selkirk mountain caribou.   (selkirks are in WA, ID and BC)

ID and BC are doing something to protect the herd, they're killing wolves.   What is WA doing???

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
Thanks for the info!

While I agree these groups would love to see hunting end I think that is just a bonus for them. I think the main reason they are pushing the wolves is it s a tremendous money maker for them. The donations pour in plus they get to sue, sue, sue and get reimbursed by the government for their padded legal expenses.
It is the biggest cash cow for them since baby seals.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
There was a reason that wolves were eradicated from areas of civilization. Unfortunately we don't live in an age of reason anymore. This problem like all off the others that plague us in this modern PC age will never get resolved until reason returns.

Can't repeat this enough!  And it doesn't just apply to wolves, but across many fronts.  Not sure why so many people want to have to bring back problems that were previously solved.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal