collapse

Author Topic: A Wolf question  (Read 1036 times)

Offline renewed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
A Wolf question
« on: June 19, 2017, 07:00:42 AM »
I was recently at my cabin outside Tonasket the weekend of the 9- 11th of this month.
My wife and I were walking our new dog when we heard what sounded like wolf howling followed by a lot of coyote yipping.
Must have carried on for about 3 minutes...Then nothing more.
Is there a way to tell if it was actually a Wolf or just one of the researchers howling for an actual Wolf response.?
 Also this seemed quite close to a cream or off white colored Helicopter fly over..West to east then east to west.
Is there a site I can visit that lets a person know when and the researchers have been?

Thank you for any info.
By the way my cabin is off the Aneas Valley road near Long lake.

Offline STARVATION

• Off-Topics
  • Tracker
Re: A Wolf question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »
 I the area where I live the coyotes have gone silent, letting big brother know where you're at is not how one lives a long life.

What you encountered appears to be our friends at fish and fowl pissing away our tax dollars.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 07:03:08 AM »
Or maybe a new release and the wolf is howling about being dumped in new surroundings, which leads us back to:

"What you encountered appears to be our friends at fish and fowl pissing away our tax dollars. "Starvation"

Offline jasnt

• Predator hunter
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:00:24 AM »
Sounds to me like you herd the alpha coyote call his posse and then a group serrinade warning you and your dog that your in "their" territory.  Coyotes will not howl with Wolves around
🐾

"... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."
Charles R. Swindoll

Offline hunter399

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:21:10 AM »
You may of hear,coyotes with pups,wolf with pups,It is that time of year. :dunno:
Two birds in the Bush is always better than one in the hand-that way you can always go to the Bush and hunt another day .conservation=Better hunting.
Wrote by hunter399