collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bye bye G26, hello P320?  (Read 15031 times)

Offline Yondering

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Bye bye G26, hello P320?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 03:19:08 PM »
Wow. That's way more trusting than I would be, also with years of experience and I work on them. Not to mention you don't even know if it's zeroed.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »
A couple of questions for you guys... 1 for those of you who prefer the 1911 system grip have you wrapped your hands around a "Not a Glock" 80% lower. It's supposed to have a 1911 style rake to it.
2 why would you leave the most aftermarket supported platform? It sound to me like some one saying they are going to trade their pimped out Ruger 10-22  For a marlin semi auto, doesn't make sense to me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 03:48:28 PM »
A couple of questions for you guys... 1 for those of you who prefer the 1911 system grip have you wrapped your hands around a "Not a Glock" 80% lower. It's supposed to have a 1911 style rake to it.
2 why would you leave the most aftermarket supported platform? It sound to me like some one saying they are going to trade their pimped out Ruger 10-22  For a marlin semi auto, doesn't make sense to me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have 1911s, I also have both single stack and double stack pistols. None of the others bothered my wrist.
I like Glocks, I believe they are a very utilitarian pistol that goes bang when you need it.
Changing up the lower for a "not a Glock" was never a consideration. There are too many pistols in the same price range that are just as good. I would be willing to bet most also have their own idiosyncrasies as well.
It all comes down to personal choice.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Bofire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 04:52:40 PM »
I own glock, 1911 and Sig p320 the glock grip angle is quite different than 1911 or sig p320, 1911 and sig look much closer to straight up 90 compared to Glock. I have laid the pistols on top of each other. Angle is hard for me to describe but the Glock is further from 90 degrees than a 1911 is. If you throw a punch the way you grip a gun with the 1911 you'd be hitting with 3 or 4 knuckles, with the glock you'd be hitting with you fore finger knuckle  :dunno:, if that makes any sense.
Carl

https://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2016/6/22/get-a-grip-angle-that-is/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:07:21 PM by Bofire »
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2017, 07:29:19 PM »
Wow. That's way more trusting than I would be, also with years of experience and I work on them. Not to mention you don't even know if it's zeroed.

Well we'll find out when I take it out. I'm waiting on my trijicon HD's to come in.

As to the gun being zeroed I've never had an issue with a gun being enough off to matter. But that's something I'll look at when I take it out.

Also i did do the ol pencil test to make sure the striker is working. Sucker flew right into the air. If there's enough for that it will go bang.

The only guns that I wouldn't trust of the box (that I would buy) are Rugers, any 1911, Springfields and maybe a Canik. Probably a couple others too. But the ones I mentioned I trust because they are good company's and I've never had an issue. And really most people I talk to don't either.

And I switched from Glock to Sig because I wanted the next size up from the G26 but the Sig I believe is superior. I'll find out soon.
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter.

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 08:30:47 PM »
Why are you not planning to shoot it until early August?  Too busy or waiting on the sights?  I can understand the former but not the latter.

Offline EmeraldBullet

• Scout
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »
Sig is way superior to glock

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 08:42:31 PM »
I am kind of anal when it comes to a new pistol and especially when switching my carry weapon.
I will practice everything from dry firing (shooting the dog, the TV, etc...) to pulling from the various holster styles until it becomes muscle memory. Lots of range time before as well.
Drives my wife nuts. She says I spend twice as much after I purchase a new pistol, as I do on the pistol.
I remind her before we were married I was shooting between 500-1000 rounds a week, that's when I get "the look"
LOL.
There have also been a couple that I returned or sold before I become proficient with, or just plain did not like shooting.
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
Psalm 144.1

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2017, 08:50:02 PM »
Why are you not planning to shoot it until early August?  Too busy or waiting on the sights?  I can understand the former but not the latter.

Sights for one and I'm out if town for a bit soon and won't be able to get out till August.

Offline Yondering

• Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2017, 09:30:19 PM »

Well we'll find out when I take it out. I'm waiting on my trijicon HD's to come in.

As to the gun being zeroed I've never had an issue with a gun being enough off to matter. But that's something I'll look at when I take it out.

Also i did do the ol pencil test to make sure the striker is working. Sucker flew right into the air. If there's enough for that it will go bang.

The only guns that I wouldn't trust of the box (that I would buy) are Rugers, any 1911, Springfields and maybe a Canik. Probably a couple others too. But the ones I mentioned I trust because they are good company's and I've never had an issue. And really most people I talk to don't either.

And I switched from Glock to Sig because I wanted the next size up from the G26 but the Sig I believe is superior. I'll find out soon.

IMHO it's a big mistake to be so trusting of a firearm you've never even test fired if you're planning to trust your life to it. Personally my life is worth more than that; being excited about a new pistol does not take precedence over carrying something already proven. As to not caring if the sights are zeroed - you must have pretty low standards if you've never found one that's off enough to matter.

I'm working on a Sig 320 right now (slide milling for RMR) that just recently came back from Sig; when was purchased new the trigger didn't reset occasionally. My bud could have been in a real bad spot if he'd trusted his life to that one without test firing it. Sig took care of it, and most of them obviously don't have that problem, but you can't know for sure that it works right without shooting it.

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »
I have plenty high standards for accuracy. When I say off its normaly: does it hit at where the sights cover? Or slight 12 o clock just above the sight. That's about the only thing that I ever have to figure out with any gun I've ever owned.

And frankly I'm willing to take the risk. You guys are now tagged in the post. When I take it out either I'll get to say "see no big deal, gun worked fine". Or "made a huge mistake and Sig is going bye bye".

Who knows I may end up with egg on my face. But I carry 2 guns anyways, one will work if I need it.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2017, 10:02:32 PM »
I have plenty high standards for accuracy. When I say off its normaly: does it hit at where the sights cover? Or slight 12 o clock just above the sight. That's about the only thing that I ever have to figure out with any gun I've ever owned.

And frankly I'm willing to take the risk. You guys are now tagged in the post. When I take it out either I'll get to say "see no big deal, gun worked fine". Or "made a huge mistake and Sig is going bye bye".

Who knows I may end up with egg on my face. But I carry 2 guns anyways, one will work if I need it.

Dude,
It is 12:00 on a Friday night (Oklahoma time), and we are sitting here on Hunting-Washington.com impatiently waiting for your review.
And you tell us we have to wait until August,  :yike:
We have to have something to nit-pick!
 :chuckle:

My rock,
Psalm 144.1

Offline Mongo Hunter

• Longhunter
  • Pew Pew lifestyle
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 01:16:55 AM »
Ahahahaha valid point! If I can get out sooner I will definalty try that's for sure.

And everyone's entitled to their opinions. I honestly agree with their points to an extent. If it wasn't for the fact that it's one of the top brands currently on the market I would be right there with them. But to be honest you never know if your guns going to work till you need it anyways. For all you know you got one of the only bad primers in the ammo factory sitting in the chamber of your gun right now. It's all about odds and reducing Darwin to a minimum. That's why we buy good guns, good mags and use good ammo.

Online b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »

Dude,
It is 12:00 on a Friday night (Oklahoma time), and we are sitting here on Hunting-Washington.com impatiently waiting for your review.
And you tell us we have to wait until August,  :yike:
We have to have something to nit-pick!
 :chuckle:

I'm actually kinda hoping MH holds off until well after Aug. before he posts up a review because the more I read/look at these things the more I am wanting one so he's saving me money by NOT posting a review, well, at least for now he's saving me money but that's likely to change. 

This friggen place has been nothing but a money pit for me and you all are who I blame whenever my wife asks, "what are you buying now?"  Yep, I blame allllllll of you as being bad influences.  :chuckle:

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2017, 02:37:52 PM »
I have to quit reading this thread.

I'm pretty invested in Glock, and don't think I can see my way clear to changing.

In your review, please say that you regret going away from Glock and intend to buy your stuff back.   That will make me feel better.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal