collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Youth Outdoors Unlimited  (Read 3302 times)

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Youth Outdoors Unlimited
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:15:33 PM »
Met a great kid yesterday at the cabelas networking event. He was able to get a turkey and deer through a program called www.youthoutdoorsu.org. This is a great program for kids facing a life-threatening illness or physical disability. If you ever feel like donating to a worthy cause for kids, this is a great fit. I hope he gets to go on many more hunts and finds great success! Just throwing it out there, as I had not heard of it before yesterday.

Offline JKEEN33

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
Re: Youth Outdoors Unlimited
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 05:29:32 PM »
Cedar River Bowmen has put on a 3D shoot and donated the proceeds to Y.O.U. the last few years. I believe the intent is to do so again next year. We usually host this in June for anyone interested.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:13:04 PM »
Met a great kid yesterday at the cabelas networking event. He was able to get a turkey and deer through a program called www.youthoutdoorsu.org. This is a great program for kids facing a life-threatening illness or physical disability. If you ever feel like donating to a worthy cause for kids, this is a great fit. I hope he gets to go on many more hunts and finds great success! Just throwing it out there, as I had not heard of it before yesterday.
You were there too?  NWTF we were over in the far corner. 
Cedar River Bowmen has put on a 3D shoot and donated the proceeds to Y.O.U. the last few years. I believe the intent is to do so again next year. We usually host this in June for anyone interested.
I worked the registration for it this year at Cedar River and helped out last year too.  Great event and Non profit.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:09:42 PM »
I worked the registration for it this year at Cedar River and helped out last year too.  Great event and Non profit.

Hey Russ,

Yes, I was there (goofy looking guy in a browning camo hat). I think your group was the only group I didn't get to speak with. I was trying to make the rounds. Next time!

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 03:51:04 AM »

Hey Russ,

Yes, I was there (goofy looking guy in a browning camo hat). I think your group was the only group I didn't get to speak with. I was trying to make the rounds. Next time!
I was telling my wife after seeing this post that you must have been the guy with the Browning hat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Tomwoods

• Pilgrim
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 07:02:08 PM »

They are a great organization my dad has volunteered for years as a guide and property owner I have helped with the hunts for a couple years I look forward to hunting season just for these hunts

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal