collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Breaking wolf news  (Read 31164 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Breaking wolf news
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 06:22:26 AM »
The breeding pairs requirement for three consecutive years will hold us up for quite a few years!  :bash:

Loading up the wildlife commission with animal rights groups will make it far longer still.

What will WA ungulates look like with another ten years of wolves?

Probably a lot like this.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 07:20:06 AM »
I almost forgot to mention this is the same pack that attacked my neighbor a couple years ago while hunting elk. Several had been flanking him, he heard a noise to one side turned and shot it in mid air jumping at him! Good thing he got off the shot! (this was all quietly confirmed by WDFW and received very little publicity)

that story when I originally read,  altered my safety position while hunting in WA. I used to carry just rifle with a few rounds, now I have started to carry a pistol for self defense close in if ever required. Son's as well.
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2017, 08:58:10 AM »

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 12:00:35 PM »
Washington plans to kill some members of wolf pack

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2017/07/washington_plans_to_kill_some.html#incart_river_home

"The purpose of this action is to change the pack's behavior," said Donny Martorello, a wolf manager for the agency. "That means incrementally removing wolves and assessing the results before taking any further action."

In other words WDF&Wolves are going with the same failed technique they have used over an over agin, meanwhile their pride and joy will keep killing cattle> WDFW&Wolves will pat themselves on the back for a job well done and wait for the next BS session with their partners on the WAG.

What a cluster..

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2017, 02:23:13 PM »
Yeah, I sure don't believe killing a few wolves is going to "change the pack's behavior" so they no longer kill cattle." Wolves are wolves and that's what they do, they kill stuff. Whatever's easiest to kill and what's available is what they're going to kill. Can't blame them, they have to eat. But I don't see how the state can afford to continue killing wolves every time they eat a few cows. I don't know what the answer is but I hate seeing all this money wasted for nothing.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:05:05 PM by bobcat »

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 02:27:02 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2017/07/washington_plans_to_kill_some.html#incart_river_home

"The purpose of this action is to change the pack's behavior," said Donny Martorello, a wolf manager for the agency. "That means incrementally removing wolves and assessing the results before taking any further action."

In other words WDF&Wolves are going with the same failed technique they have used over an over agin, meanwhile their pride and joy will keep killing cattle> WDFW&Wolves will pat themselves on the back for a job well done and wait for the next BS session with their partners on the WAG.

What a cluster..

I'd be willing to bet Martorello knows it's a wasted effort but the WDFW does not have the fortitude to come out and say what they know they need to do, so in the meantime more cattle will likley be eaten and eventually most of the pack will likely be killed anyway!  :bash:

In the end more cattle lost, more money spent!  :bash:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2017, 11:16:57 AM »
Yeah, I sure don't believe killing a few wolves is going to "change the pack's behavior" so they no longer kill cattle." Wolves are wolves and that's what they do, they kill stuff. Whatever's easiest to kill and what's available is what they're going to kill. Can't blame them, they have to eat. But I don't see how the state can afford to continue killing wolves every time they eat a few cows. I don't know what the answer is but I hate seeing all this money wasted for nothing.

I highly doubt WDF&Wolves think it's wasted money, the wolf, G.bear etc. means $$$$$$$ for the employees involved and then when they retire they can trot off to CNW or DoW etc for a job., or perhaps wright another BS book.

The answer to your question is for them to quit lying to the people of WA and confirm known wolf packs and delist, open up wolf hunting with unlimited permits for areas most affected by wolves. But since when have WDF&Wolves been HONEST?????????????????

What a cluster..

I'd be willing to bet Martorello knows it's a wasted effort but the WDFW does not have the fortitude to come out and say what they know they need to do, so in the meantime more cattle will likley be eaten and eventually most of the pack will likely be killed anyway!  :bash:

In the end more cattle lost, more money spent!  :bash:

With 22 years of wolf information from ID, MT and Wyoming on wolves killing livestock and WDFW still can't seem to pull their heads out long enough to understand how to stop it?

Yep, I'd have to say it isn't about stupidity at this point, maybe lack of air.

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 04:07:03 PM »
maybe someone should teach the wolves to eat vegetables.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 05:02:48 PM »
maybe someone should teach the wolves to eat vegetables.

Aw yes, the dirt nap syndrome, I have heard of it.

I think the technical term is wolf thinning, although as of this time there are many techniques being used that don't make a sound and are very hard to detect.

ID, MT and Wyoming have done several classified studies which have proven to be very successful in areas where wolves predation on livestock have been ignore by the USFWS and state game agencies. According to insider reports it's best not to contact any agencies when performing said studies.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM »

Offline kevinlisa06

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »
The breeding pairs requirement for three consecutive years will hold us up for quite a few years!  :bash:

Loading up the wildlife commission with animal rights groups will make it far longer still.

What will WA ungulates look like with another ten years of wolves?
I won't be here to see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2017, 06:32:49 PM »
Good info Dale. Thanks for posting  that.
Question.... do range riders have authority for lethal intervention?

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2017, 12:56:30 AM »

I think so, I'm pretty sure a range rider already killed one wolf this year in the act of attacking cattle.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2017, 07:01:40 AM »

I think so, I'm pretty sure a range rider already killed one wolf this year in the act of attacking cattle.

Just like confirming wolves, WDF&Wolves are slow playing ranchers with wolf predation, too bad All ranchers don't cut WDFW out, and take care of the problem themselves. I realize there are some who thought being up front with WDFW was the way to go, but now seeing their livestock continuing to be slaughtered they might wish they would have went with a different recipe.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal