collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Breaking wolf news  (Read 31141 times)

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Breaking wolf news
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2017, 12:58:48 PM »
The real criminals in that case was the wdfw itself.   When you are trying to do things by the book but you are getting the runaround because of their agenda.  I'd never judge anyone taking matters into their own hands when they are protecting their own.

I would only fault the family on the handling of the remains. Absolutely protect your own. Don't broadcast it afterwards, though. This was a huge error in judgement.

Searches of the White’s computer files turned up photos of at least one other wolf  killed by Tom, but differently colored, and other evidence, including a deer and a moose poached in 2007 by William.

These guys are poachers, through and through.  Getting behind them is just playing the "enemy of my enemy" game   :twocents:

I don't own a cattle ranch nor have I had my livelihood or home life negatively affected by wolves. Although I agree that, by definition, they poached wolves and I personally wouldn't do it, this is not poaching in the same way as someone killing for thrill or profit. I do try to have empathy for people in different positions/situations from mine. I don't feel I have the right to stand in judgement on that family, except for how they ultimately handled it..

It sounds like they also poached a trophy mule deer, a moose, and hunted bears with hounds.   They agreed to plead guilty to at least some of those charges, apparently, as well as another felony.  It doesn't sound like their actions were meant to protect their livestock but I only know what is in the news.

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2017, 01:38:20 PM »
The real criminals in that case was the wdfw itself.   When you are trying to do things by the book but you are getting the runaround because of their agenda.  I'd never judge anyone taking matters into their own hands when they are protecting their own.

Exactly.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2017, 07:46:27 PM »
http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/updates/update_on_washington_wolves_20170727.pdf

Update on Washington wolves
Latest reports on key wolf activities, conservation efforts, and management actions
July 27, 2017

One wolf removed from Smackout Pack

The 2017 Wolf-Livestock Interaction Protocol describes tools and approaches designed to influence pack behavior with the goal of reducing the potential for recurrent livestock depredation while continuing to promote wolf recovery. On July 20, WDFW notified the public that non-lethal deterrence measures were not achieving that goal in the Smackout pack territory, and that the director authorized incremental lethal removal of wolves as another tool to address recurrent depredations.

The department’s approach to incremental removal consists of a period of active removal operations followed by a period of evaluation to determine if those actions met the goal.

The protocol states that once a removal operation has begun, the department will update the public weekly on the number of individuals removed. Lethal removal actions began one week
ago, and during that week the department removed 1 wolf.

The protocol also states that in most situations the period of active removal will be two weeks or less. Removal operations are ongoing, and the department will provide another update in
one week.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2017, 08:09:41 PM »
http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/updates/update_on_washington_wolves_20170727.pdf

Update on Washington wolves
Latest reports on key wolf activities, conservation efforts, and management actions
July 27, 2017

One wolf removed from Smackout Pack

The 2017 Wolf-Livestock Interaction Protocol describes tools and approaches designed to influence pack behavior with the goal of reducing the potential for recurrent livestock depredation while continuing to promote wolf recovery. On July 20, WDFW notified the public that non-lethal deterrence measures were not achieving that goal in the Smackout pack territory, and that the director authorized incremental lethal removal of wolves as another tool to address recurrent depredations.

The department’s approach to incremental removal consists of a period of active removal operations followed by a period of evaluation to determine if those actions met the goal.

The protocol states that once a removal operation has begun, the department will update the public weekly on the number of individuals removed. Lethal removal actions began one week
ago, and during that week the department removed 1 wolf.

The protocol also states that in most situations the period of active removal will be two weeks or less. Removal operations are ongoing, and the department will provide another update in
one week.
One week, one wolf removed...
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2017, 08:37:29 PM »
Should turn into another 100k fiasco like the Profanity peak removal and the Wedge pack removal.

Your sportsman dollars at work.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:59 AM »
"The department’s approach to incremental removal consists of a period of active removal operations followed by a period of evaluation to determine if those actions met the goal.

Better known as the waiting period between livestock predation. Like I have mentioned, including WDF&Wolves in any wolf predation on livestock will only prolong the killings. This is just a game for WDFW, while the rancher etc. loses.

This game will continue until WDFW are forced to kill entire packs involved in the predations on livestock, any guess when that will happen?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 08:52:42 AM »
Required? The next time we have a Republican Governor, which is never.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2017, 03:37:47 PM »
2017 Wolf/Livestock Interaction Protocol, if wolves could read the progressive ones would all move here and the conservative ones, most I think, would move some where with a challenge, Idaho, Montana or Wyoming.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »
What's the first rule of fight club?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2017, 08:55:56 PM »
What's the first rule of fight club?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Special Recipes?

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2017, 07:29:57 AM »

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2017, 09:02:12 AM »
Bone, is that a woodland caribou?

Regardless if it is or not, sure don't hear much about this herd on the brink right in the midst of the thriving wolf packs. Ironic.
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2017, 09:29:59 AM »
Looks bovine to me.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Bobvernon2

• Tracker
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2017, 11:38:37 AM »
Bone, is that a woodland caribou?

Regardless if it is or not, sure don't hear much about this herd on the brink right in the midst of the thriving wolf packs. Ironic.

I believe the great country of Canada just removed a wolf pack that was threatening a population of woodland caribou just across the border since they caribou have a greater threat of extinction than the darned wolves.

Offline Bobvernon2

• Tracker

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter