collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Raffle results are in!  (Read 17015 times)

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Raffle results are in!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 08:31:22 PM »
Looks like the winner bought 500 tickets. $11,250.

Where the heck do you get that info??

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 08:36:25 PM »
I know it's Facebook but, I just read the same guy that killed bullwinkle drew the same tag this year  :yike:

Bought...he bought the tag.
His commitment to conservation paid for the tag.

I agree.
Call it what you want.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline SnakeEyes

• Real Estate Broker
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
    • John L Scott Real Estate
  • Groups: Washington for Wildlife
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 09:14:25 PM »
Looks like the winner bought 500 tickets. $11,250.

Where the heck do you get that info??

Enter the winning ticket number and it will show how many tickets they purchased. At least that appears to be how it works.
Steve Marshall - John L Scott Real Estate

Selling Homes and Acreage in SW Washington

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 10:38:16 PM »
The person who won the South Central Big Game and the California Bighorn Sheep purchased 6,225 tickets. I'm not sure how many he had of each type, so I don't know what he spent altogether. The South Central raffle tickets were $17.00 each and the California Bighorn tickets were $11.50. Even if you use the lower price tickets times 6,225 it comes to $71,587. I saw somewhere that someone said he spent $90,000. That's probably about right, but I'm not sure how you know how many of each ticket was purchased. That would be an unbelievable hunting season for whoever this guy is. Two bighorn sheep in one year, in Washington? That's amazing. Then a 4 month season to kill the biggest mule deer and the biggest elk that you can find. Unbelievable! Probably is Reichert. Who else can afford to spend $90,000 on raffle tickets? If I had that kind of money I'd probably be booking a sheep hunt in Alaska instead of taking a chance on the raffle here in Washington.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 10:47:24 PM »
Wow, who got the moose tag with only 10 total tickets purchased? The other moose tag went to someone who bought 1,817 tickets.

Only 100 tickets purchased for the mountain goat tag. $1,150 for a goat tag is a pretty fair price.

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 06:15:05 AM »
Did they call people this year or just post the results?  And why can't they get the permit results out in 6 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 07:19:06 AM »
Word on the street is it wasn't the bull Winkle hunter that won at all. But, what do I know.
heck Plat you could be right, I wouldn't give the Facebook info much credence.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline p-ohana

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: The Fallen Outdoors
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2017, 07:33:39 AM »
My highest # was 3.
SFC U.S. Army Infantry (Retired)

The worst day of hunting is better than the best day at work

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2017, 07:44:00 AM »
My highest # was 3.
you still have a chance, if the two before you for some reason can't use those tags, you'll get them.  Slim chance for sure but you never know, an old friend of mine got notified one year a couple days before the season started that he drew the Eastside elk tag.  He figured the guy or guys in front of him bowed out at the last minute.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2017, 08:26:51 AM »
The person who won the South Central Big Game and the California Bighorn Sheep purchased 6,225 tickets. I'm not sure how many he had of each type, so I don't know what he spent altogether. The South Central raffle tickets were $17.00 each and the California Bighorn tickets were $11.50. Even if you use the lower price tickets times 6,225 it comes to $71,587. I saw somewhere that someone said he spent $90,000. That's probably about right, but I'm not sure how you know how many of each ticket was purchased. That would be an unbelievable hunting season for whoever this guy is. Two bighorn sheep in one year, in Washington? That's amazing. Then a 4 month season to kill the biggest mule deer and the biggest elk that you can find. Unbelievable! Probably is Reichert. Who else can afford to spend $90,000 on raffle tickets? If I had that kind of money I'd probably be booking a sheep hunt in Alaska instead of taking a chance on the raffle here in Washington.

$90k is just the beginning, they will almost certainly hire a guide for each of the four hunts, then have all the gear, gas, lodging, flights and taxidermy.  Nobody pays $90k to DIY themselves an average animal, I wouldn't be surprised if the scouts were already out looking at animals.

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2017, 08:37:43 AM »

$90k is just the beginning, they will almost certainly hire a guide for each of the four hunts, then have all the gear, gas, lodging, flights and taxidermy.  Nobody pays $90k to DIY themselves an average animal, I wouldn't be surprised if the scouts were already out looking at animals.

You would be dead wrong, this will be a DIY guy.  Some people do things the right way believe it or not. 
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline stickman999

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
  • Groups: RMEF sustaining member
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2017, 08:49:28 AM »
First off I want to say I am far from rich and my girlfriend would say I am a tightwad. Lol
The look on her face was priceless when I told  her I laid down $3400 on 200 raffle tickets. (I still cant believe it myself.) Anyways as you can imagine the anxiety waiting for the draw was intense. So this morning at work I logged in to this great site like I do everyday at breal and saw his thread and rushed over to the WDFW to check my numbers and BAM it hit me I just won the Northeast big game raffle. Still cant believe it.

Offline pendoreilleadventures

• Moose Whisper
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.benham.16
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »
congratulations  :tup:
“Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians--except for the occasional mountain lion steak.”
― Ted Nugent

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2017, 09:08:48 AM »
First off I want to say I am far from rich and my girlfriend would say I am a tightwad. Lol
The look on her face was priceless when I told  her I laid down $3400 on 200 raffle tickets. (I still cant believe it myself.) Anyways as you can imagine the anxiety waiting for the draw was intense. So this morning at work I logged in to this great site like I do everyday at breal and saw his thread and rushed over to the WDFW to check my numbers and BAM it hit me I just won the Northeast big game raffle. Still cant believe it.

Wow!  Nice draw! :tup:
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Buckewe

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »
Wow, who got the moose tag with only 10 total tickets purchased? The other moose tag went to someone who bought 1,817 tickets.

Only 100 tickets purchased for the mountain goat tag. $1,150 for a goat tag is a pretty fair price.

Damn I should have got in on that
Blacktail lives matter

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]