collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Malaga Youth Cow Permit Help????  (Read 1959 times)

Offline mossyhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Malaga Youth Cow Permit Help????
« on: July 25, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »
My son drew the Malaga Youth Cow permit and I was wondering if anyone has any helpful hints on where to start. I have only hunted deer in the area and that was many years ago and I don't recall elk in the area I hunted. Any help would be great as we prepare to make a couple of trips into the unit once the weather cools down a bit.

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
Re: Malaga Youth Cow Permit Help????
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 10:12:08 PM »
I would search out the bordering land owners in the area, orchards especially.  Damage relief is what this hunt is designed for I believe. There are elk in the unit, but can be hit or miss. Had a permit for Malaga once and couldn't find an elk, the next year, no permit and elk all over.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Bowjob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Malaga Youth Cow Permit Help????
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 01:32:57 PM »
Mossyhead, curious how your experience went? I have this area assigned this year but no nothing about the area. would love any pointers you have. Please PM me if preferred.
Genesis 27:3 - "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal