collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looks like the Nikon Laser Rangefinding Binocular is finally in stores  (Read 9193 times)

Online bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Interesting, I'll have to check them out, I've been wanting a laser bino but didn't want to lay down the money the top 3 want. Nikon has fairly good glass and is very affordable.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
Interesting, I'll have to check them out, I've been wanting a laser bino but didn't want to lay down the money the top 3 want. Nikon has fairly good glass and is very affordable.

I have been in the same boat.  My binoculars and my rangefinder work well enough that it wasn't worth $3K to change over. 

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Saw these on Vortex's website the other day.  They ship in August.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/VORTEX-FURY-LRF-BINOCULAR/2494696.uts?productVariantId=5054996&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04724655&rid=20&gclid=Cj0KCQjw--DLBRCNARIsAFIwR24rTnCGySNCMOrqwdyDNST4--NemGNFdBiMH2TJGvGIMS84uVLiQTYaAvFVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Little competition going on. I like it! Excited about the vortex line, if I'm dropping that coin on a rangefinder I want that warranty, plus I've been very happy with their glass. Maybe Elknut will have an introductory price break for huntwa :dunno:
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
Saw these on Vortex's website the other day.  They ship in August.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/VORTEX-FURY-LRF-BINOCULAR/2494696.uts?productVariantId=5054996&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04724655&rid=20&gclid=Cj0KCQjw--DLBRCNARIsAFIwR24rTnCGySNCMOrqwdyDNST4--NemGNFdBiMH2TJGvGIMS84uVLiQTYaAvFVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Little competition going on. I like it! Excited about the vortex line, if I'm dropping that coin on a rangefinder I want that warranty, plus I've been very happy with their glass. Maybe Elknut will have an introductory price break for huntwa :dunno:

I could go either way. 

Both companies have been very good to me over the years.  Like we need another binocular.   

Offline bman940

• Love to hunt and shoot,especially with my son who will be a 2nd LT USAF when he comissions 5/21
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • pretty much retired, Oregonian for 33 years
I hope one of you gets your hands on a pair to do a review for the rest of us. Even though I do freelance work for Nikon I haven't seen the LaserForce 10x42 Bino-Rangefinder yet. From what I have heard they are moving well and a lot of that is most likely due to the $1200 price and that they are backed by Nikon's No Fault Policy. It seems like very few companies will back electronic's with a warranty like Nikon's. If you get a pair let me/us know what you think.

In the meantime, another new product by Nikon that might interest you longrange shooter's is Nikon's BLACK X1000 MRAD/MOA scope. I have one on a .308 that will soon be sittig on a 6.5 CM for some real testing. 30mm tube, illumination, great glass, SFP and the 6-24 coming in at $649.Definitely worth taking a look at.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
Like the 25 oz weight.  With Nikon glass if the turret mechanism is solid could put some pressure on Leupold to drop their $2k street price on their 4-24 scopes.  Have to do some comparison to see if Leupy is worth 3 times Nikon when they have similar specs.  Just got an Athlon Ares 4.5-27 look forward to seeing how that stacks up. 

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Old Salt
1900 yards on the binos for $1200 sounds like a winner if the glass is good.  But monarch glass and sig rangefinder combined is half that so hope glass is euro quality.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
Re: Looks like the Nikon Laser Rangefinding Binocular is finally in stores
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »
Going on sale starting the 22nd

Offline bman940

• Love to hunt and shoot,especially with my son who will be a 2nd LT USAF when he comissions 5/21
  • Tracker
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 12:04:24 PM »
I can't wait for one of you guys to relate your hands on experience with the LaserForce Bino-Rangefinder. I have yet to get my hands on a set but the one person I know who has used them raves about them. He has used them in CO,KS and MO doing predator control and has passed on only positive comment's to me. Great to see the Promo before the Holiday's too.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »
I have one and will post a more extensive review when I have time. My initial thoughts are that both the rangefinder and binocular are good. However, the binoculars are not as good as my Swarovskis and the range finder is not as good as my Sig Kilo.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 12:42:23 PM »
Like the 25 oz weight.  With Nikon glass if the turret mechanism is solid could put some pressure on Leupold to drop their $2k street price on their 4-24 scopes.  Have to do some comparison to see if Leupy is worth 3 times Nikon when they have similar specs.  Just got an Athlon Ares 4.5-27 look forward to seeing how that stacks up.
The 10x42 is closer to 32 ounces.

Offline bman940

• Tracker
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »
On the topic of rangefinders, it is defintely worth looking at the Nikon MONARCH 7iVR. These are amazing with the new vibration reduction technology. I have been using a pair for a year and do not plan to give them back, ever! Sub $400!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
I hope one of you gets your hands on a pair to do a review for the rest of us. Even though I do freelance work for Nikon I haven't seen the LaserForce 10x42 Bino-Rangefinder yet. From what I have heard they are moving well and a lot of that is most likely due to the $1200 price and that they are backed by Nikon's No Fault Policy. It seems like very few companies will back electronic's with a warranty like Nikon's. If you get a pair let me/us know what you think.
The electronics are only warranted for one year.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU