collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Discount tire online sales? Plus a couple brand questions  (Read 15785 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Discount tire online sales? Plus a couple brand questions
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »

The only gripe i have about Discount is that they charge a guy for tire pressure sensor overhaul kits when they replace tires. Not really sure what that is.

It's an o ring rebild kit... think it's 3 o rings and a battery.... depending on the kit.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline 7mmBuckley

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 08:03:34 PM »
Rimzoneonline.com
free shipping and no tax. i bought wheels and tires for my super duty and saved $215.00 per wheel/tire set up from les schwab and discount tires prices. whells came mounted and balance. Also bought 4 tires for my 68 bronco and saved $72.00 per tire. its a no brainer!

Offline tlbradford

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »
Also check out tirerack.com.  I price checked the BF Goodrich T/A KO2 when I finally selected a tire I wanted.  Discount tire was about $200 more than Walmart.  This was out the door, mounted, balanced, new stems, and road hazard.
Dreams are forever on the mind, realization in the hands.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »
I'm a big fan of Discount Tire.  On their website you can just copy/paste the URL of the site where you found the exact same tire for cheapest, and they will get back within the hour and agree to match the price (4 for 4 for me).  They usually get them in next business day. 

The first pair I bought from them were 17" Falkens A/Ts with a 50k warranty.  I was pretty disappointed in their performance.  I bought the KO2s to replace them from Discount and they not only matched the best online price, they gave me a credit for the unused portion of the Falkens warranty, knocking off another $110 and change. 
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2017, 10:52:22 AM »
Picked up a set of fallen wild peak at3/w in 305/65r18 for 860$ today through tirebuyer.com. I really wanted the Cooper St Maxx this time, but they were almost 100$ a tire more expensive and didn't come with a warrannty. Never ran anything besides Toyo or Cooper's, hopefully I like the falkens!

now that ive got some mileage on these falkens, I wanted to report back for anyone reading this in the future.

close to 6k miles so far on them. including a trip to Wyoming, and I love them. probably one of my favorite tires I have ran so far. the grip is tremendous on most all surfaces ive been in, with the exception of deep mud, I don't fault the tire for that. it is an AT afterall. they are quite on the hiway and very predictable, very tough on crap dirt/gravel roads, handle rain/water very well, and the small amount of ice/snow they have seen left me impressed. If these last (which they should if they continue to wear like they are now), they will be my go to tire from here on out.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:25 AM »
That's great news!!!
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Bwana Bob

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 12:14:45 PM »
I also bought the Falken a/t 3 from discount tire and they said they would meet any internet price. After reading this I wish I knew about about discount tire direct and paid no sale tax on them, but OH WELL. No rebates at the time I bought them but they matched the lowest internet price I found.

I loved these tires, probably the best I've ever used. I bought them a few weeks before I did my WY deer hunt around Cody. I used them in the sunlight basin on rocky and rutted roads and around Cody in nearly a foot of snow and compact ice and they performed awesome. At $158 a tire , a real steal and much better than my Yokohama geolanders.
I have about 5,000 miles on them but will take them off ASAP when the bird hunting is over and if I don't go skiing. I'll use my P rated goodyear that came with the truck.
Real happy so far.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2017, 12:22:40 PM »
I also bought the Falken a/t 3 from discount tire and they said they would meet any internet price. After reading this I wish I knew about about discount tire direct and paid no sale tax on them, but OH WELL. No rebates at the time I bought them but they matched the lowest internet price I found.

I loved these tires, probably the best I've ever used. I bought them a few weeks before I did my WY deer hunt around Cody. I used them in the sunlight basin on rocky and rutted roads and around Cody in nearly a foot of snow and compact ice and they performed awesome. At $158 a tire , a real steal and much better than my Yokohama geolanders.
I have about 5,000 miles on them but will take them off ASAP when the bird hunting is over and if I don't go skiing. I'll use my P rated goodyear that came with the truck.
Real happy so far.
This is when an extra set of stock wheels come in real handy. 2c

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Bwana Bob

• Scout
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »
Special T
I was real lucky and bought a set of tires and wheels for my 2016 F-150 from a guy on this site that wanted to put larger wheels on his. Got the wheels and tires with only 10,000 miles on them for $450. I did have to buy the air pressure sensors for the wheels he sold me. They were the exact same wheels and tires that came on my rig.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2017, 02:42:22 PM »
Special T
I was real lucky and bought a set of tires and wheels for my 2016 F-150 from a guy on this site that wanted to put larger wheels on his. Got the wheels and tires with only 10,000 miles on them for $450. I did have to buy the air pressure sensors for the wheels he sold me. They were the exact same wheels and tires that came on my rig.
Awesome! I have had snow tires mounted on wheels and street tires for most of my vehicles. I don't change vehicles  very often. It is pretty amazing what good deals you can find on CL if you know what your looking for, and are patient.

I also don't have vehicles with those tire pressure sensors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Confucius

Offline Bwana Bob

• Scout
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2017, 03:07:43 PM »
Ya, I got real lucky and jumped on those wheels as soon as I saw the ad. Discount charged me $40 a sensor down from the original $60 they wanted. I hope to keep this truck until I can no longer drive. I'm 67 now so I hope it last a good 15yrs or so.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2017, 03:35:17 PM »
Well didn't think about buying tires online until I was told the tires I wanted today would run 2100 plus tax and etc.

So checked out discount tire. Seems like some great prices. Have you used them? I would love feedback.

Also a couple brands I have never run. I was hoping for some feedback on them.

Cooper and Falken. Both there a/t 3 designs. Both have 50k plus warrentys on them.

I would for sure buy the replacement plan they offer, if I bought them.

Thanks for any feedback.

I've bought tires online from Discount. All I can say is great service. I guess you can actually take your sales slip to a local store and they will mount and balance for free. Also, you don't pay sales tax = their problem, not yours.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:42:20 AM by CAMPMEAT »
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2017, 12:24:11 AM »
Just as good as schwabbies and half the price.

Offline biggfish

• Longhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2017, 10:29:54 AM »
Check walmart (unless you don't like walmart) but I price compared locally and on-line and they were cheaper by a couple hundred bucks (yes, evendors compared to discount tire). I was comparing the cooper stt pros size 170/70-17.

I did take a look they were pretty close just a little more at walmart.

Looks like they have one of the sets of wheels I was looking at to. So if I am reading things right they will mount and balance for free. If I buy wheels and tires at the same time and ship to my house for free.
I did Wal-Mart for my last set of tires on my truck, ship to store is free to and with tires often quicker. They will pull stock from other stores if they have them, homec shipping is always from a warehouse and then you got to load and haul it in. Got my tires next day came from two different stores.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27:3

Offline fish vacuum

• Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2017, 04:17:57 PM »
Just as good as schwabbies and half the price.
Half the price and no up-selling.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

1x scopes vs open sights by nwhunter
[Today at 03:54:47 AM]

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr