collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Discount tire online sales? Plus a couple brand questions  (Read 15829 times)

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
Re: Discount tire online sales? Plus a couple brand questions
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 10:48:04 PM »
Evergreen Ford happy Gilmore?

They had pretty decent prices on tires when I bought my truck, but didn't have any on hand, and I didn't want to spend the night waiting for them to get em. I sure won't be paying scwabs pricing for their supposed customer service lol

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 10:51:05 PM »

They had pretty decent prices on tires when I bought my truck, but didn't have any on hand, and I didn't want to spend the night waiting for them to get em. I sure won't be paying scwabs pricing for their supposed customer service lol

I called them, told them what I wanted and they had them in two days.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 10:52:59 PM »

Schwab finally gave me credit for the last busted wheel. Applied it to my car trailer tires i did on Monday. Took them till Wednesday afternoon to get done. Stupid expensive d rated crap tires.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Seahawk12

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 11:01:36 PM »
I printed out good onlone prices on some quality cooper and took it to discount who matched the price.
I would recommend both cooper tires and Discount.
"I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes."
William Tecumseh Sherman

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 11:18:21 PM »
There is one down in Vancouver. I have to return the wifes lease in a few weeks so I am going to give them a call and see if they can have them there and all ready to put on for me. The fuel wheels I want are special order so not sure how long that will take. So going to get the skinny but for sure looking like I will give them a shot.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 06:00:47 AM »
There is the store "Discount Tire" over here on the west side and it's super popular. Good service, good prices, etc. Then there is an online retailer called discount tire online or something like that and they are not one in the same. Just FYI there. As far as the tires themselves go, you've gotten lots of good advice. Discount Tire does not do alignments which is always recommended when you purchase new tires. Also understand that a 50k mile warranty only means the tires are warranted against defect for 50k miles. Normal wear is not a defect. Bulges in sidewall is not a manufacturers defect. Tires are hardly ever replaced under a warranty. Road hazard warranty is probably something worth having. That will cover a lot more.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 06:02:48 AM »
Ford dealer beat their price for me so I bought a set of 17" KMOs for my dog truck last fall. $180 each, E rated. Bought the KM2's for $190 ea for my F-350. Mount balance free and had an oil change for $100 at same time.

:tup:

Ford has a low price guarantee on tires. If it's a tire we sell, bring us a printed estimate from somewhere else and we'll beat it. There should never be any question about this at any ford dealer. Ford reimburses the difference to the dealer. You have to be comparing apples to apples. That's the only thing.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 06:05:12 AM »

Pretty much any ford dealer should be able to have whatever tires they sell overnight. There are tire depots everywhere. 3 on the west side alone.

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 06:55:09 AM »
There is one down in Vancouver. I have to return the wifes lease in a few weeks so I am going to give them a call and see if they can have them there and all ready to put on for me. The fuel wheels I want are special order so not sure how long that will take. So going to get the skinny but for sure looking like I will give them a shot.

Save tax go to Gresham Disscount Tire. :tup:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2017, 08:03:22 AM »
Yeah I use Discount tire here locally for all my rigs now.  They are good about matching pricing too usually.  There is a discounttiredirect.com that is associated with them and another Co that is not. 

What I do is look around and find online store that has tires I want at the best price and print out the pricing, I put them in cart and get the to my door price.  If you go to discount with just the tire price and no shipping they will push back (as expected) countering about installation, shipping ,etc.  Print out the online warranty too.  Then just go in and say you are interested in buying a set and hoping they can do something/match the price.  Last full set for my STSV they matched the price for the tires for me and they cut $ of lifetime warranties in half to match the online warranty.  I was out the door for $<900 for Continental DW with lifetime warranties, mounted balanced and out the door.  They did similar for the KO2's I put on back of the suburban last year.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2017, 08:26:26 AM »
There is the store "Discount Tire" over here on the west side and it's super popular. Good service, good prices, etc. Then there is an online retailer called discount tire online or something like that and they are not one in the same. Just FYI there. As far as the tires themselves go, you've gotten lots of good advice. Discount Tire does not do alignments which is always recommended when you purchase new tires. Also understand that a 50k mile warranty only means the tires are warranted against defect for 50k miles. Normal wear is not a defect. Bulges in sidewall is not a manufacturers defect. Tires are hardly ever replaced under a warranty. Road hazard warranty is probably something worth having. That will cover a lot more.

When on there site I clicked there link for there installers and they give a list of the places. Just to make sure I would show up at the right one. Yeah defect is my biggest thought on the 50k warranty. The extra coverage you can buy for there warranty says it will cover road hazards and etc. It does say you may have to ship the tire in for inspection if they require it.

Save tax go to Gresham Disscount Tire. :tup:

Oh yes will have to do that for sure.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 10:28:22 PM »

Pretty much any ford dealer should be able to have whatever tires they sell overnight. There are tire depots everywhere. 3 on the west side alone.

Dealers can be pushed around too. I've been using evergreen ford to buy parts since 1999. They've been bought etc but, they know my account. Now evergreen is Chevy and ford and I own two chevys and a ford. Which are old. They want to sell me two new trucks which I need. I get a good ass kissing but, they also have great employees which I now know and like. That means something to me. They understand that so, at this point they have a chance at some business which is probably two new trucks in the next year or two.
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 03:46:16 AM »

Dealers can be pushed around too. I've been using evergreen ford to buy parts since 1999. They've been bought etc but, they know my account. Now evergreen is Chevy and ford and I own two chevys and a ford. Which are old. They want to sell me two new trucks which I need. I get a good ass kissing but, they also have great employees which I now know and like. That means something to me. They understand that so, at this point they have a chance at some business which is probably two new trucks in the next year or two.

Two old chevys?   I knew you were withholding information in some of the other truck threads.

Offline Old Man Yager

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, PRHAA
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »
Had a set of Falken tires on my 1990 Toyota, got tgem at Discount tire, nice tires. Then my kid wrecked that truck, so I never did get to see how they wear after a few years. I put The new BFG KO2 on my truck and the wife's 4runner. They are really nice. I got both sets at 4 Wheel parts, 1600 out the door, that was mount, balance, and a warranty, and I won a Warn winch in a drawing while we were there getting them installed!! I've ran the BFGs on a couple different rigs over the years, and never had a flat or any other issues.
My Dad always said, " Get a bigger hammer "

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 08:38:24 AM »
There are many threads on this

Dicounttireonline is the online arm of Discount Tire brick and mortar.

Wait until Labor Day and there will be sick rebates and free shipping deals , plus no sales tax.

Discount Tire store will install for $19 each.

Been doing this for years.

Tax savings alone can be $100.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand