collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Discount tire online sales? Plus a couple brand questions  (Read 15839 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Discount tire online sales? Plus a couple brand questions
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 08:42:21 AM »
Evergreen Ford happy Gilmore?

They had pretty decent prices on tires when I bought my truck, but didn't have any on hand, and I didn't want to spend the night waiting for them to get em. I sure won't be paying scwabs pricing for their supposed customer service lol

I called them, told them what I wanted and they had them in two days.

Pretty much any ford dealer should be able to have whatever tires they sell overnight. There are tire depots everywhere. 3 on the west side alone.

Dealers can be pushed around too. I've been using evergreen ford to buy parts since 1999. They've been bought etc but, they know my account. Now evergreen is Chevy and ford and I own two chevys and a ford. Which are old. They want to sell me two new trucks which I need. I get a good ass kissing but, they also have great employees which I now know and like. That means something to me. They understand that so, at this point they have a chance at some business which is probably two new trucks in the next year or two.

That's all worth a lot to the dealers too. A good service/parts dept should really value repeat customers like you. Customer Retention should be their #1 goal which is the big reason for the low price guarantee. We don't hardly make any money on tires in the first place. The reason we push them/discount them/otherwise bend over backwards is because we don't want you going to Schwan's where they're going to get your wheels off the truck and tell you you need shocks and brakes and struts and calipers and all that.

The only gripe i have about Discount is that they charge a guy for tire pressure sensor overhaul kits when they replace tires. Not really sure what that is. 
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 08:05:30 PM »
There are many threads on this

Dicounttireonline is the online arm of Discount Tire brick and mortar.

Wait until Labor Day and there will be sick rebates and free shipping deals , plus no sales tax.

Discount Tire store will install for $19 each.

Been doing this for years.

Tax savings alone can be $100.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 12:34:48 AM »
Big discount on Nitto tires it looks like. Haven't run the AT's before but great price

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 07:33:37 AM »
Big discount on Nitto tires it looks like. Haven't run the AT's before but great price

Seeing more and more Nitto's. They're made by the same company that makes Toyo's I've heard.
:dunno:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 07:35:50 AM »

Wait until Labor Day and there will be sick rebates and free shipping deals , plus no sales tax.

I wonder how they can get away with not charging sales tax?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »

I wonder how they can get away with not charging sales tax?

There is a www.discountiredirect.com that is the online version of Discount Tire. Not sure how they don't charge sales tax. I just put some tires in my cart just to try it out and sure enough, no sales tax.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2017, 08:31:30 AM »
Ford dealer beat their price for me so I bought a set of 17" KMOs for my dog truck last fall. $180 each, E rated. Bought the KM2's for $190 ea for my F-350. Mount balance free and had an oil change for $100 at same time.

:tup:

Ford has a low price guarantee on tires. If it's a tire we sell, bring us a printed estimate from somewhere else and we'll beat it. There should never be any question about this at any ford dealer. Ford reimburses the difference to the dealer. You have to be comparing apples to apples. That's the only thing.

I purchase my tires from Titus WIll, the wife gets hers @ Discount Tire.  I always end up w/a better deal than she does because I watch my money better than she does and I have a great service advisor @ Titus Will who I have been with for over fifteen years.  BUT, Discount is a great outfit too.  My dad was the co-founder of a little Montana company Tire-Rama http://billingsgazette.com/business/montana-s-tire-king/article_7cc40fdd-02b3-56d4-ab30-90e53d33c3d8.html, he has nothing but good to say about Discount. 

And that is an old article, Tire-Rama has expanded beyond Montana.  Quite a ways beyond Montana. 

Offline Doublelunger

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2017, 08:53:22 AM »
Not sure if you made your decision yet, but I used discount tire directs for my last set of tires.  Ended up getting the Falken Wild Peak at3w's on my half ton GMC.  They were awesome!  The tire was redesigned a couple years ago so it was hard to find any solid reviews on them, but I did find a few that sounded promising so I rolled the dice.  I got four 285x70x17 mounted and balanced on 4 new wheels for right around $1200 after a couple rebates.  I sold that truck this year so I only put about 20k miles on them but they had barely any wear on them. I'm sure I could have got 50 k pretty easy.  They were awesome in the woods. During the late archery on the east side I was pushing snow with my bumper and had no problem. they did good on packed snow and Ice. For a AT tire they are pretty aggressive especially on the side wall. The only place they lack is in heavy mud, they just dont clean out like a MT would, but probably do way better than most AT's would do. They had a real quiet ride going down the highway which I prefer over MT's.  I recently bought a 3/4 ton that came with toyo mt's. I'm going to roll with the toyos until they wear out and as soon as they do I'm getting another set of the Falkens.

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2017, 09:07:48 PM »

They had pretty decent prices on tires when I bought my truck, but didn't have any on hand, and I didn't want to spend the night waiting for them to get em. I sure won't be paying scwabs pricing for their supposed customer service lol

Pretty much any ford dealer should be able to have whatever tires they sell overnight. There are tire depots everywhere. 3 on the west side alone.

Dealers can be pushed around too. I've been using evergreen ford to buy parts since 1999. They've been bought etc but, they know my account. Now evergreen is Chevy and ford and I own two chevys and a ford. Which are old. They want to sell me two new trucks which I need. I get a good ass kissing but, they also have great employees which I now know and like. That means something to me. They understand that so, at this point they have a chance at some business which is probably two new trucks in the next year or two.

Two old chevys?   I knew you were withholding information in some of the other truck threads.

What's that? That the F-350 has been used way harder than two chevy's and hasn't had all the problems of the two Chevy's?? hahalol.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2017, 09:29:24 PM »
I have used Discount Tire for all my tire needs for the last 15 years. I am running the Cooper STT Pros on my Tundra now, but ran the Cooper A/T on my 2004 Silverado.

The brick and mortar store will honor the DiscountTireDirect.com price of it is lower.

One thing to keep in mind on their replacement ceriificate is that it will replace the one tire, so if all your orther tires are low on tread, you still have to buy the other three, assuming you don't want to run different diameters on your 4WD. So, I'm not sure it makes sense to buy all 4 certificates. I never have.

Offline syoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »

Buying my last truck from evergreen was pretty smooth, I'm from tri cities, and was driving home that night, only reason I didn't buy tires from em too.

Robert cann was my salesman, pretty laid back guy,probably buy my next rig from him too.

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2017, 11:46:24 AM »
we put Cooper AT3's on my wife explorer a number of years ago, and they only made them in load range D at that time to fit that rim and tire size.  I have been very happy with them.  about to buy another set in the next few months.  It is our primary ski rig and 30-40 days per year over some snowy/icy roads, we have done very well.

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2017, 08:08:35 AM »
I buy tires at Discount & always get good service. I've run Cooper tires and was very pleased with them

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2017, 09:35:53 PM »
Picked up a set of fallen wild peak at3/w in 305/65r18 for 860$ today through tirebuyer.com. I really wanted the Cooper St Maxx this time, but they were almost 100$ a tire more expensive and didn't come with a warrannty. Never ran anything besides Toyo or Cooper's, hopefully I like the falkens!

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2017, 07:55:56 PM »
Ordered my tires from tirebuyer at 1230 yesterday, they were delivered to the store at 245 today. Just over 26 hours is pretty impressive.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal