collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi season leftovers  (Read 18811 times)

Offline HoofsandWings

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • RETIRED
Re: Multi season leftovers
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 02:58:58 PM »
Elk multiseason goes on sale August 15th at 10:00am
Deer multiseason goes on sale August 15th at 10:10am
Elk multiseason sell out in 30 seconds.
The staggered start is to avoid overloading the system.
That is per the wdfw email
Gathering is easy. Hunting is a challenge.
WSF, WCA, RMEF, Rooster Booster, NWTF, NRA

Offline trophyelk6x6

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 06:12:17 PM »
my e mail said 20 elk tags avail and will sell out within 30 seconds.  3000 or so deer multi season?  I applied and didn't get drawn for deer multi.  Did that many people not purchase even after applying?  Why do an application and why do a point of sale for these and make people buy them first and not back out.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 06:33:24 PM »
my email said 149 elk tags remain
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline pope

• Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 06:49:08 PM »
I replied to a WDFW facebook message regarding these tags, stating that the email was confusing. I have not purchased a hunting license of any kind so far, just the MS deer application, not selected. The email seemed to say I would need to purchase a deer license before I could purchase the MS deer license on the 15th. That didn't make sense to me, so I posted a question and this was the response (from WDFW):

Sorry for the confusion, but we don't expect the leftover deer permits to sell out on the 15th (they have not in the past), so those directions are ONLY if you purchase a deer permit on the 16th or after. On the 15th, we are not requiring a void of the general tag before the purchase of elk or deer permits.

I'm pretty good at reading comprehension, but I'm still uncertain (and I haven't had time to call WDFW when they are open). Can anybody straighten me out on this? Can I just show up at a vendor tomorrow and by the MS deer tag, or do I need to purchase a general season tag first?

Offline bfranklin81

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 09:58:21 PM »
You need to pay for the license/general tag as well in order to buy the multiseason. You should be able to buy them together. I have the last two years. Can't buy the multiseason without having your big game license either in advance or in conjunction with the multi purchase.

Offline pope

• Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 04:17:50 AM »
You need to pay for the license/general tag as well in order to buy the multiseason. You should be able to buy them together. I have the last two years. Can't buy the multiseason without having your big game license either in advance or in conjunction with the multi purchase.

Thank you for the clarification. This is the first year I wasn't selected; I appreciate hearing from somebody who purchased the tag in similar circumstances.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »
My wife was able to get my daughter a leftover deer permit.  I think this year she might actually need all three seasons to get it done.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline redi

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
My son and I both got left over multi elk tags at the same vendor. The system locked up and we got one about 10:06 the right at 10:10 as they were shutting sales down.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2017, 11:12:09 AM »
No problem getting MS Deer at 10:30, that is no problem after convincing the guy in front of me that the reason they could not find MS Elk tag to sell him was that they sell out in the first minute.   

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2017, 11:13:35 AM »
Yeah it locked up hard and I was very surprised I was able to get one. The system went nuts and they were trying so hard to get one. I got one at 10:06/7
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2017, 11:25:32 AM »
I will say that the email directions about getting the permit and then cancelling your old tag are a little confusing.  My wife says that they didn't take or cancel my daughters archery deer license and they gave her a multiseason deer permit so she technically has two tags right now.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »
I will say that the email directions about getting the permit and then cancelling your old tag are a little confusing.  My wife says that they didn't take or cancel my daughters archery deer license and they gave her a multiseason deer permit so she technically has two tags right now.

They said they wouldn't take the old tag today. You're supposed to call the WDFW tomorrow and have it voided. Then I assume they will ask you to mail it in.

But yes, the email was very confusing. However, that's my interpretation of it. I could be wrong.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2017, 11:37:58 AM »
They took both my tags and said they had to write MS TAG on them and send them in :dunno: who knows.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2017, 11:54:04 AM »
Here a quote from the email I got, clear as mud.

"If you have your General Season Elk or Deer tag, you must surrender your General Deer or Elk Tag at the time of purchase. There are no exceptions. You will not be able to mail in your General
Deer or Elk Tags at a later date.

On August 15th your General Season Deer and/or Elk Tag will not need to be voided at the time of your purchase.

On August 16th you will need to contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Headquarters at (360) 902-2464 between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to have your General Season Deer Tag voided before you purchase a Multi-Season Deer Permit.
"

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2017, 11:57:01 AM »
Here a quote from the email I got, clear as mud.

"If you have your General Season Elk or Deer tag, you must surrender your General Deer or Elk Tag at the time of purchase. There are no exceptions. You will not be able to mail in your General
Deer or Elk Tags at a later date.

On August 15th your General Season Deer and/or Elk Tag will not need to be voided at the time of your purchase.

On August 16th you will need to contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Headquarters at (360) 902-2464 between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to have your General Season Deer Tag voided before you purchase a Multi-Season Deer Permit.
"

I was really tired when I was trying to read that message and figure out what was being said, but after trying again in the morning I figured... "whatever"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal